Parise Has Broken Sternum

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
That sounds incredibly painful just to read about. I bet it happened on that play where he was sandwiched between two Jets (Chiarot and ... forget who).

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I am sorry Ryan and Ryan (Suter and Parise). The spell this year is surprisingly really potent.

Go Preds!!!. Go Devils!!!

voodoo-doll-minnesota-wild.gif
Wait....an Avs' fan cheering for the Preds? Eh....alrighty.

giphy.gif

Reactions: FVM

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Should just create an injury thread for these playoffs and sticky it to the top. Have a feeling there will be a lot of them.

YWGF18

Oct 24, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm sorry to hear that, Parise was having a great series. Any ideas when this happened in the game (says last couple shifts)? I don't recall any overly hard hits..

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
That sucks. Can't say I can recall hearing about a broken sternum in hockey before either. Hope he recovers fully.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
guess you can't just stand there and wait for a puck to come down and expect not to get hit, but ya that sucks, hate seeing good players out, tough way to lose him
You can usually expect a hit, nobody will generally expect to be caught in the middle of two at once though...

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Calling it now. Ennis comes in, gets knocked through the boards by Bfuglyien, and lives only long enough to bite Laine on the leg as he is innocently skating by. The bite gets infected, but Laine doesn't notice before it's too late, as he is busy celebrating his 8 goals(new NHL record) in game 4. Amputation is necessary, so he is out for game 5... questionable for game 6. Buff feels guilty about killing Ennis, quits hockey, and abruptly decides to become a Buddhist monk, living in a cave outside of Salmon Arm.

Wild win game 5, 6, and 7, with new addition of OHL quasi goal scoring champion Dmitri Sokolov plus some anonymous guy from Iowa, and start a historic Cup run, culminating with them being beaten by some Eastern team in 3 games. Series is shortened due to the loss of Nino, Spurgeon (retorn Hamstring), Coyle(actually goes missing somewhere in South Boston) and Koivu, who joins one of only two Hari Krishna groups left in North America- also in Salmon Arm.

Reactions: FVM and rynryn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->