Parent vs. Dryden in their primes

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
chooch said:
I think your comments ended this thread. Parents 2 years were some of the best ever, but Dryden and Tretriak were the best in the world for the 70's. Dryden would have won the 71 and 73 Cups for the Hawks.

If 1973-75 Parent was in net for the Soviets in 1972 or 1980, noboy would have ever heard of Paul Henderson, Mike Eurizone or Herb Brooks.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
John Flyers Fan said:
If 1973-75 Parent was in net for the Soviets in 1972 or 1980, noboy would have ever heard of Paul Henderson, Mike Eurizone or Herb Brooks.

I understand what you are saying but....as for 1980, everyone has a bad game, on paper Tretriak was enough goaltending for the Soviets to win, he just let up a couple softies...and IMO should not have been pulled. I do agree with you (I think I have seen you say this) that Tretriak is a bit over rated....but I dont think its so easy to say that if "goalie X" were in net the Soviets would have won

chooch*

Ogopogo said:
ALL the best players come from Quebec or play for the Habs. Everybody knows that.

There you go again showing your racist tendencies.

Dryden is from Ontario, Parent is from Quebec and Tretiak is from Russia.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
chooch said:
There you go again showing your racist tendencies.

Dryden is from Ontario, Parent is from Quebec and Tretiak is from Russia.

That makes a lot of sense, choochie.... BTW, implying racism is a pretty serious accusation. But given the other foolishness you get away with here I guess you don't worry about making a jerk of yourself. I suppose you like that photo of Nick you're using as an avatar??? I expect you scanned it from a poster on your wall... Oh wait, you probably needed your flower power buddy to come over and help, since you never were able to figure out how to use an avatar before...

Looking forward to the day you don't post your hate here anymore
BBB

chooch*

Bring Back Bucky said:
That makes a lot of sense, choochie.... BTW, implying racism is a pretty serious accusation. But given the other foolishness you get away with here I guess you don't worry about making a jerk of yourself. I suppose you like that photo of Nick you're using as an avatar??? I expect you scanned it from a poster on your wall... Oh wait, you probably needed your flower power buddy to come over and help, since you never were able to figure out how to use an avatar before...

Looking forward to the day you don't post your hate here anymore
BBB

youre one to talk about implying things :biglaugh: ; besides ombongo has implied racism towards me many times. cant take it when its dished back eh? need a bodyguard to help you out?

I dont hate anyone - I've said many times 99 was the 2nd best offensive player of his generation and the best offensive centre in the west along with Denis Savard-
its actually you who hates anyone who doesnt bend over for 99.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad