Confirmed with Link: Parayko signs 5 year deal [5.5 AAV]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
How can parayko be on the ice as much as he is and only have 4 assists through 40 games? I thought he had talent. An orange street cone could get lucky and touch the puck 4 times before it goes in.

What's wrong w this guy.
I think that's a bit of a misleading stat. We haven't scored a ton of goals off the rush as a team so far this season, and that is where he makes his hay with his ability to skate the puck out from his own goal line and open up space in the neutral zone entering the offensive zone. Also once in the o-zone a lot of our offense has come from below the 2 circles and in front of the net. I agree that his assist numbers could and should be higher, but to me that says more about the teams overall structure and capitalizing on opportunities than Parayko not generating chances.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
How can parayko be on the ice as much as he is and only have 4 assists through 40 games? I thought he had talent. An orange street cone could get lucky and touch the puck 4 times before it goes in.

What's wrong w this guy.
Because Yeo hockey dictates less shots from the point and to dump it into the corners and let the forwards deal with it. Thus, you have too many touches by forwards that rob the backenders from helpers. That is all changing now.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Is this a Parayko-is-hurting-my-fantasy-team thread?

His offense from the point has been improved. He’s shooting more aggressively and getting his shot through more than last year.

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
What you guys what kind of contract Parayko will do? Years + term? Will Parayko want security, NMC for example.

No matter what happens, If the Blues wont give Pietrangelo what he is worth then why should they give Colt what he is worth. If Colt gets 40+ pts then I could see him asking for 7.5-8 + NMC, He will be gone like Petro is.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
What you guys what kind of contract Parayko will do? Years + term? Will Parayko want security, NMC for example.
Unless he has a huge breakout this year or next (meaning still playing top shelf defense but point totals in the 50-60 range) I'm guessing he gets 7 years, $55M (yeah, I said it) with a full NTC (not a NMC) and about $15M in SB.

Dec 15, 2002
tumblr_nyqxaw28tk1qa9yc1o1_400.gifv

Reactions: Ranksu

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
If Army will let our Stanley Cup winning Captain and true Elite 1D walk over an NMC, you can pretty much guarantee any other player on this roster will not be taken care of. Army sent a very bad message to that locker room with his outlook on an NMC and why he wouldn't give Pie one.

Of course, it will all depend on what the individual player wants, but if they want stability, every single Bluenote knows they won't get it in St. Louis and that's something that Stillman should put a stop to.

You finally get a Cup and you start being petty about the players, that's so Bluesy... and one at a time that Cup Winning Roster is leaving, much to Pat Maroon's benefit, who got a contract that we could have actually signed him to and would have felt good about.

It's sad.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
No matter what happens, If the Blues wont give Pietrangelo what he is worth then why should they give Colt what he is worth. If Colt gets 40+ pts then I could see him asking for 7.5-8 + NMC, He will be gone like Petro is.

Common sense and logic doesn't live here, only the ideology that Army follows. Unless Colt accepts less, he'll be out of the STL too OR more likely, Army will trade him for players like Krug or Faulk and give them money contracts. That's been the pattern.

You roll the dice enough times you might hit the jackpot and I hate that ideology; took us 50+ years to hit it and now we refuse to capitalize on it and keep our window open for a possible repeat. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad