OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
True. But he has always been a respected leader. I wouldn't be shocked if Wally has been grooming him for the role.

From what I've seen Geroy isn't around Wally at all during the practices or games. Geroy has been busy visiting different schools and camps scouting for the Canadian draft. Mark Washington is someone who's being groomed.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
From what I've seen Geroy isn't around Wally at all during the practices or games. Geroy has been busy visiting different schools and camps scouting for the Canadian draft. Mark Washington is someone who's being groomed.

You make a good point. You're most likely correct. I guess I just see Geroy as good coach material. Probably a bit of hoping he gets a bigger role with the team.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
You make a good point. You're most likely correct. I guess I just see Geroy as good coach material. Probably a bit of hoping he gets a bigger role with the team.

Not sure if he still does, but I know he used to coach his son's football team in Surrey. They won a few championships, though he did kinda dominate the league recruiting process.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Decent showing, though with some obvious holes to fill.

Jennings is still trying to find his feet again; only tried the deep ball a couple of times, didn't really do much scrambling from the line of scrimmage. Looked tentative.

Burnham is still a stud, though I just can't get it out of my head that his first name isn't Lester. Damn you, Kevin Spacey.

O-line and D-line seem better...but there's a long season ahead. Glad for the new help, though. The inability to protect the QB has been a crippling flaw since 2011.

If I were Rainey, I'd be so immensely pissed off with this team. It's like every game he has a punt or kickoff return for a TD and it's called back on a penalty. Two big returns negated today...but still preseason.

TSN still annoying...at one point the camera lingered over a sideline huddle of the guys with Jarious looking at a tablet...while plays went down. I already hate the slate of commercials.

New season next week. And I have my mother-in-law visiting. D'oh. (I kid...she's actually a great lady. She's been so hugely generous to my kid over the years).

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I did it, I cancelled my cable. Only thing I'm gonna miss over the next few months is the CFL. What's the best way to watch games online?

Has anyone tried Stream Live CFL Games on CFL International ?

$3 US a game, or $36.99 US for every Lions game.

EDIT: Looks like it's only out of market/country...

EDIT2: You can subscribe to TSN online for $25/month. But that's for everything.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I did it, I cancelled my cable. Only thing I'm gonna miss over the next few months is the CFL. What's the best way to watch games online?

Has anyone tried Stream Live CFL Games on CFL International ?

$3 US a game, or $36.99 US for every Lions game.

EDIT: Looks like it's only out of market/country...

EDIT2: You can subscribe to TSN online for $25/month. But that's for everything.

Might as well just go to the game

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Looks to me like Ed Hervey has done the 'reverse Wally Buono"....loaded up on CFL veterans who know the league and have a proven track record...O-line looks transformed, and Odell Willis is the motor that never stops on the D-line....can't help but think they'll have to be better, particularly since the Riders and Bombers seem to have taken a step backward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->