OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Training camp not too far away in Kamloops. I live a 5 min drive away from the Tournament Capital Center where it’s held but still don’t have much interest in going. It’s been pretty boring in yrs past.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I'm trying to get some people to go to the home opener, might just be by myself like last year.

What's the deal with these "Beach Party" Tickets for $20? Is there an actual area with sand and umbrellas inside the stadium?

The Home Opener deal is a good one though. $65 for 2 tickets, 2 hot dogs, 2 beers. That's only like $20 a ticket as well.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
It's a soft cap, though the penalties range from severe fines to loss of draft picks. The only times I can recall teams being over are when they've suffered a lot of injuries.

Or just the Roughriders being the Roughriders.

On another topic, I just got an email inviting me to the "Scout Your Seat" event at BC Place on the 29th. Must be hurting for season tickets.

I'm trying to get some people to go to the home opener, might just be by myself like last year.

What's the deal with these "Beach Party" Tickets for $20? Is there an actual area with sand and umbrellas inside the stadium?

The Home Opener deal is a good one though. $65 for 2 tickets, 2 hot dogs, 2 beers. That's only like $20 a ticket as well.

Good ol' Lions marketing. This is the first time I'm hearing of this deal. I notice every home game this year has a sponsor. Is that new? Wonder if they're going to have some sort of promotion every game?

Last edited:

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Good ol' Lions marketing. This is the first time I'm hearing of this deal. I notice every home game this year has a sponsor. Is that new? Wonder if they're going to have some sort of promotion every game?
I saw a bunch of promotions on twitter today.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Johnny Football!

I guess the CFL just got themselves a viewer for at least a couple of games :)

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
meh, only old farts go to Lions games.
(notices I'm one of those old farts.....oops.:skeptic:)

Hey, that's the CFL. You need to be either over 50, or have a blood alcohol level over .05 to watch. :sarcasm:

Adam Bighill has signed with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Ed Hervey took a pass on him.
1234931504682.jpg

Dammit. I was really hoping...

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Yeah, that's unforgivable... Let him go to an NFL team, sure.... Another CFL team.... Wow. Terrible management.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Is that how it went down? Hervey said not interested at all in bringing him back? Or was he just out bid..... or did Bighill want either a change of scenery or team a little more on the rise?

My understanding, and this isn’t confirmed or anything, is that Hervey saw Bighill as more of an expensive luxury and was still focused on beefing up our O-Line (and D-line). Olafioye was brought back a few hours later and he isn’t cheap (not sure what he makes but he was also up there in the high $180-190k mark in recent years).

Right now Dyshawn Davis and Dominique Termansen will be competing for that WILL spot, with an outside chance that Lokombo wins it and starts as a Canadian linebacker. Otha Foster will probably play the SAM spot. It’s also possible we go with a 3-4 package on some downs (which makes me question even more why we didn’t go after Bighill) where we see 4 of those 5 names on the field at the same time. They still seem really out of it with Awe, and as of a few weeks ago were also talking to Dexter McCoil. Bringing both in would be huge, though I doubt they could afford that now.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So this is officially Wally's 'farewell campaign' in the CFL.....never understand teams that basically have already announced a coaching change at the end of the season before they play a single game.....doesn't this make for a 'lame duck' coach? "Win one for the Gipper" went out with Knute Rockne....I hope Hervey has a few replacements already in mind,.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
So this is officially Wally's 'farewell campaign' in the CFL.....never understand teams that basically have already announced a coaching change at the end of the season before they play a single game.....doesn't this make for a 'lame duck' coach? "Win one for the Gipper" went out with Knute Rockne....I hope Hervey has a few replacements already in mind,.

My bets on Geroy to replace him.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
My bets on Geroy to replace him.

I would be surprised. Geroy has zero CFL coaching experience. Depending on how the season goes, if the Lions look in house at a replacement I would expect it to be Mark Washington. Though more likely I could see someone from outside being brought in.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I would be surprised. Geroy has zero CFL coaching experience. Depending on how the season goes, if the Lions look in house at a replacement I would expect it to be Mark Washington. Though more likely I could see someone from outside being brought in.

True. But he has always been a respected leader. I wouldn't be shocked if Wally has been grooming him for the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad