Management Papa Jacobs, Charlie and Cam look back at 2017-18 season and hopes for the future

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Too many questions regarding "betting" and not enough about the team/next season

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Love the beginning

Should have won a second round- agreed

Intimated Backes was a bad signing/waste of money- agreed

Would have punched Marchand's lights out if he did that back in the old school NHL

Carlo needs to be more physical

Thought they were ahead of where they should be in beg of the season, now think they are where they thought

Marchand has used up his "margin"

ONE off season surgery lol

Impressed w Gryz. Concerned about two midgets on left. Krug needs to get quicker 5 on 5. Would be nice to have bigger players on the left, and Sweeney will work on it this offseason,

Last edited:

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Disagree on winning the 2nd round. Maybe if they were healthy and didn't have the zebras out to get them, then sure. But the Bs as they stood health-wise that series? They lost to the better team. It happens. And there's no shame in that.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
OK, I’ve calmed down from the Tampa series. Bolts deserved to win BUT there is no denying the officiating in that series was poor. NBC announcers were blunt in saying it wasn’t good enough, ex coach in league went on a rant about it, and apparently Cam had a go at the head of officials.

I’m sure they would have dodged, but did not one reporter think to even ask their views on the quality of officiating and, if it’s not up to par, what the League is doing about it?

Would it have been that hard to say “Cam. Not saying it caused Bruins to lose, but there were some quite controversial calls during the Tampa series that got national media scrutiny. Do you have thoughts on that?”

Even if he’d have said “no comment”, that in itself would have been interesting.

Instead they ask several questions about betting. Think Jeremy was going to say it was a bad idea given his other business interests? Jeeez.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
We have been down this road before - Jacobs does not tolerate a player embarrassing the organization and his words today indicate Brad is on thin ice.

Nor should he. Not that it really matters to you guys up there (I don't care much either) but Marchand is viewed as a complete embarrassment by the fans of other teams.

You could hear it with Neely. He was embarrassed and would have cleaned his clock if on opposing sides.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Woof. Too much money talk. I know we need a top 4 LHD but I don’t know if I want it to come at the expense of Gryz. I think Cam agrees.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
No shot both Krug and Gryz are in the same top 6 next year after listening to that press conference.
I thought same thing. Would have been pretty uncomfortable if I was one of those guys if I listened to that PC.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
OK, I’ve calmed down from the Tampa series. Bolts deserved to win BUT there is no denying the officiating in that series was poor. NBC announcers were blunt in saying it wasn’t good enough, ex coach in league went on a rant about it, and apparently Cam had a go at the head of officials.

I’m sure they would have dodged, but did not one reporter think to even ask their views on the quality of officiating and, if it’s not up to par, what the League is doing about it?

Would it have been that hard to say “Cam. Not saying it caused Bruins to lose, but there were some quite controversial calls during the Tampa series that got national media scrutiny. Do you have thoughts on that?”

Even if he’d have said “no comment”, that in itself would have been interesting.

Instead they ask several questions about betting. Think Jeremy was going to say it was a bad idea given his other business interests? Jeeez.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Love the beginning

Should have won a second round- agreed

Intimated Backes was a bad signing/waste of money- agreed

Would have punched Marchand's lights out if he did that back in the old school NHL

Carlo needs to be more physical

Thought they were ahead of where they should be in beg of the season, now think they are where they thought

Marchand has used up his "margin"

ONE off season surgery lol

Impressed w Gryz. Concerned about two midgets on left. Krug needs to get quicker 5 on 5. Would be nice to have bigger players on the left, and Sweeney will work on it this offseason,

Who intimated that signing Backes was bad (although maybe it doesn't matter because it's a organizational viewpoint) and how was it worded?

Interesting that Marchand may be on thin ice.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Had any other owner done these player critiques? No reason to say anything about Marchand.
That’s what Marchy needs to understand. He goes to an extreme, and it’s all the press can talk about. So that Jacobs is asked the question is inevitable. He can’t just say “no comment”.

Love BM63 but he put this on his own shoulders — and he did it alone. He needs to learn from this. If it was my son I’d be like “Come on Brad — grow up. You’re an NHL superstar and already under the microscope whether you think it’s fair or not. Deal with it, life isn’t always fair and even so you’ve got it made. I know you’re trying to be edgy, but you’re embarrassing yourself and me. Knock it off — now.”

Jacobs was about as even handed as he could be under circumstances.

Reactions: Chief Nine

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Woof. Too much money talk. I know we need a top 4 LHD but I don’t know if I want it to come at the expense of Gryz. I think Cam agrees.
you would block a deal for a legitimate top 4 D-man if the ask was Grizz? I absolutely loved the kid this year and he was a total surprise for this fan but no way, if there is a bonafide top 4 D-man out there that I don`t move forward with the deal with Grizz being the sticky point

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Thanks (too lazy to watch the whole thing, haha). It does sound like there is some buyer's remorse with the free agents (probably referring to Backes, but maybe they were also thinking of Beleskey).

I thought about Beleskey too, but then that remark about "age plays a role" and I couldn't help but think Backes was in view there.

Reactions: Estlin

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I thought about Beleskey too, but then that remark about "age plays a role" and I couldn't help but think Backes was in view there.

Also Backes has obviously had difficultly fitting in here. He can't even play center for some reason. Beleskey wasn't huge money. Jacobs was def alluding to Beleskey a bit with the financially comfortable thing. I liked their honesty.

I would have loved someone to ask about Rask in either of the end of year press conference and if they feel he takes too much garbage in the media about not winning in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad