Pre-Game Talk: Panthers vs Jets - Sun Feb 18 7:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
The only cat I want to see celebrating is this dude:
jets-fan.jpg

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
This is one of those games we should 100% win.

Those games scare me the most.
not only should the Jets win but they should crush Florida. seeing that Florida's about to face off with Calgary and will play again 20 hrs after they just played...should be a spanking.
and i would totally play Comrie

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
If I recall the Jets usually pump a bushel into the net against the Panthers when playing at home against them. The flying w game, the night Matty P scored 4 are a couple that come to mind.
I always try to get the Florida game in my group games draft because I was at those and we always seem to do well with the Panthers when I'm in attendance. I was supposed to be at the game tomorrow but can't make it.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
WOOOO HOOOO

Predators lose again in regulation!!!!!!

Still tied in points with them and only 1 game in hand on us.

We get 2 points tomorrow we pull ahead by 2 points and we’re level with them worse case scenario!

Reactions: Aggie204 and GNP

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Lowry's injury has hernia written all over it.

I remember seeing him go shoulder to shoulder with.... Ristolainen maybe, it was behind the opponents net and Lowry sort of lost the exchange, sort of bucked over only slightly and then put his hand near is abdomen and skated off. Came back but then left

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
I agree. Only a severe brain injury could explain that hat he was wearing in the press box. :sarcasm:

Seriously, what is leading you to this conclusion?
lol

just the timelines and seeing some of the hits he's absorbed. plus he's not skating at all...which means it's not a shoulder or anything.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Florida will be tired.
We should be energized.
What could go wrong:sarcasm:

Ever since that come from behind win against the Caps, it gave the Jet's a lot of confidence as was shown against the Avalanche. They are really becoming believers in themselves, and are playing with bigtime confidence right now.

I think the Jet's take this one by 2-3 goals, and the game will be much the same as the one against the AVs.:thumbu: I'm quite sure I'm right on this game.

As I type this Florida is playing in Calgary, and will be a little tired as well.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Neither a concussion, nor a hernia, apparently.

I'm quite sure Lowry has a "shoulder injury". I could tell when they showed him on the bench after his injury-- he was reaching underneath his shoulder pad, and showing some discomfort -- so that's what I think he has.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Lowry is the new Myers.

Injury-wise, he's getting there. But he's got a long way to go now to polarize the fanbase like the Condor can.

I hope he's okay and that this isn't a longterm thing. I do occasionally worry that under that jaunty boater his mighty heart is breaking.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Just a quick heads-up, the Jets are nowhere near 100% to win this game. 2-1 favorite? Sure. 100%? Nowhere near close.

And at the risk of infuriating others by beating this same old drum, it is very, very dangerous to our sense of proportion to think that this game should be a slam dunk.

Kratti

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Yep, the Panthers are looking pretty good against the Flames right now, they're not a bad team at all. Just a team that's out of the playoffs this year.

Reactions: itchyscratchy

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Just a quick heads-up, the Jets are nowhere near 100% to win this game. 2-1 favorite? Sure. 100%? Nowhere near close.

And at the risk of infuriating others by beating this same old drum, it is very, very dangerous to our sense of proportion to think that this game should be a slam dunk.

That's the great thing about being a pessimist. You always expect the worst, and can be only pleasantly surprised.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
not only should the Jets win but they should crush Florida. seeing that Florida's about to face off with Calgary and will play again 20 hrs after they just played...should be a spanking.
and i would totally play Comrie
If Comrie were to get another game, this would be it. But Mo has no confidence in the man after his last start vs the Panthers. Its a tough call but I'd say keep rolling with Helle until the other back-ups return.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I’m a huge Lowry fan...hoping it's not a chronic shoulder thing. That would suck!

Strange he's not skating though!

I heard on 1290 it was suspected to be a back injury which would make sense why he's not skating.
I had some back issues starting about 12 years ago.
Work and then sports related in back to back years.
My personal thing was swelling and the minute it was gone I was 100%.
The worst one was about a 15 day stretch.
Obviously if it's his back it's a lot worse then what I was dealing with.

But maybe that's part of it?

Reactions: Gil Fisher

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
Don't underestimate the panthers they have been defending and playing well lately.

They are still not completely out of the playoffs, the last wildcardspot currently belongs to the islanders with 60 pts, florida have 55 but 5 games in hand.

Looking forward to see Wheeler/Scheifele match up against Barkov, he is as a complete center as you can find in the league right now.

Watch out for Trocheck he can fly and is on a roll...

Last edited:

scheif55

Feb 7, 2018
FLA 7-3 in their last 10, definitely looking like a better team lately than what they showed earlier in the year...

Seems like a game we should win by 2-3 goals, but just hope the jets don’t come in thinking they will walk all over the cats...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad