Pre-Game Talk: Panthers vs Jets - Sun Feb 18 7:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
The rare Sunday evening game that is not on Sportsnet. I'm sure everyone is heartbroken
:arr:

Keep it rolling. Panthers play tonight in Calgary and it's the late start. Another "tired" team. Didn't go so well with the Blues though.

Random stats comparison

Barkov GP305 G91 A130 P221 P/GP.724

Scheifele GP348 G107 A165 P272 P/GP.782

PS iPhone wants to autocorrect Barkov to Bark over

Last edited:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Going to this game, I expect good things. Long weekend Sunday night game, don't ruin my extended weekend fellas.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Lets make it 3 wins in a row.

Remember the theory some had early in the season that this team was incapable of winning 3 in a row?

And easily dismissing the 7 game win streak to end last season as "garbage time" I think that streak was more important than it was given credit for. There were a few comeback wins in there that made a difference going forward

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Remember the theory some had early in the season that this team was incapable of winning 3 in a row?

Not-Me.jpg

Even after their terrible start, I knew they would turn things around. :nod:

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg

And easily dismissing the 7 game win streak to end last season as "garbage time" I think that streak was more important than it was given credit for. There were a few comeback wins in there that made a difference going forward
Yep. It was posted as nauseam during the off-season. Didn’t matter that many of the teams they beat were fighting for home ice in the playoffs either.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Fare enough just I just remember the loses I guess against these guys when we were in the east.

We are a better team now.

That's when they had notable Jet killers Fleischmann and I want to say Versteeg? Barkov has nothing on them :laugh:

Kratti

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Should be an interesting game. Panthers coming in tired but they also are only playing for their honour for the rest of the season, like the Jets did at the end of last season. So pressure free. Let's hope the new lines continue to look as good as they did against the Avs!

Reactions: GNP

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Jets are currently third in PP efficiency and 4th in PK.

Raise your hand if you saw this coming

I saw an improvement coming in the PK when we got Hendricks. But a move up to 4th? If I'd seen that and told anyone, I would've been subjected to a saliva test.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island

This year it's more like we can't LOSE 3 games in a row (definitely in regulation, anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->