Confirmed with Link: Panthers sign KHL free agent Evgeny Dadonov (3yr x 4M)

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
He's awesome.

That is all.

Now give us Kovalchuk.
I'm still wary of kovy from that dick move he pulled when he signalled for the russian players to leave the ice during canadas anthem at the WC and I truly find his personality to be repulsive in almost everything I've seen him say but yea he's a great player and if he can help us win then I guess...

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
of course, hence the "especially outside of florida" part of the comment.

But isn´t that the Panthers biggest Problem, that there own market maybe to small. Also the recognizeing and media reports only half or 25% from what other Teams get.
And if they want to get more attanchment they better show 150% in the international Games who are broadcasted to, near 80% of the World market, Europe, russia, north america maybe china over russia.

There is nothing more you can get in media recognising and TV Time.

Bennie Aggy

Oct 26, 2017
Evgeni Dadonov's work for the Panthers was overlooked by many, especially outside of Florida, this season. He was even better than most give him credit for.

Florida Panthers Evgeni Dadonov Deserves More Credit

Did he do what Marchy and Smith did for Vegas? Nope. Dadanov went into invisible mode the last two weeks of the season. Let's get real. Stop with the acceptance of mediocrity. This team missed the playoffs once again. Biggest joke of an organization in all of sports. Oh and Gallant coaching that team to the playoffs and a probable first round victory. Somthjng the Panthers haven't achieved in over 2 decades. Sad but it's the truth.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Did he do what Marchy and Smith did for Vegas? Nope. Dadanov went into invisible mode the last two weeks of the season. Let's get real. Stop with the acceptance of mediocrity. This team missed the playoffs once again. Biggest joke of an organization in all of sports. Oh and Gallant coaching that team to the playoffs and a probable first round victory. Somthjng the Panthers haven't achieved in over 2 decades. Sad but it's the truth.

I don't think its Dadonov's fault that Marchessault, Smith, or Gallant are in Vegas. I mean if you want to blame management for those moves, sure, but I don't think that makes any difference as to how good of a season Dadonov had.

I also don't think Dadonov has any responsibility for how the team was built, or for any issues that they might have in missing the playoffs. He played well enough to help them be a playoff team.

Lastly, the Panthers didn't miss the playoffs because of their play in the last two weeks of the season. They missed the playoffs because they dug themselves too big a hole in the first 3 months.

Last edited:

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I'll take uninformed ignorant irrelavnt posts for 500 please

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden

Seriously? The guy had a great first season back, especially with Barkov and Huberdeau/Bjugstad. The entire team, pretty much, dropped off at the tail end of the season. But sure, blame it on Dadonov. That wasn't the reason they missed the playoffs, the real reason was the weak start (which Dadonov didn't have personally). If they had a few more wins at the start, they would have been in the playoffs right now. Dadonov was in no way mediocre this year and will be a important player to have moving forward.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
You can't please everyone.

Dadonov turned out to be an excellent signing. It's too bad we couldn't keep March and Smith because our top 6 would have been unreal and our top 9 great. Plus our special teams would have been even better.
Dadonov-Barkov-March
Huberdeau-Trocheck-Smith

Reactions: Chaos2k7

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
barkov was the mvp this season, but dadonov was a very close second. he was absolutely incredible.

he was our most consistent goal scorer imo. his speed is incredible and his stamina to go with it, hes constantly flying around the ice. hes a very very underrated passer. constantly getting high danger scoring opportunities. a great shot and solid accuracy. he missed 8 games but was on pace for 31g and 72pt over a full season. seriously? who was expecting a 70pt player? or breaking 30 goals? i thought around 25 goals was realistic, but he exceeded all expectations. trocheck broke 30g this year, march last year, before them the last 30g guy was david booth......david booth. shot 14.9%. if we put a legit threat with Barkov-Dadonov that could be one of the best first lines in hockey (come to us kovy!).

oh, and we signed him for not 2, but 3 years at 4per. yea, thats incredible. i said these next 4-years are the prime years to compete because of barkov, trocheck, and huberdeau and their contracts, well we still have dads for another 2yrs, i hope they get serious this offseason.

Reactions: BeezKnees

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
:laugh:, some people just want to watch the world burn. Dadonov sucks unless he hits 90pts....blah blah blah...this franchise sucks...blah blah...
Good Lord.
well this franchise does suck but yea dadonov definitely doesn't. he was my favorite player this year easily. most electrifying player on the ice. not sure what the guy above was talking about. he only got better as the season wore on. I thought he was the panthers best player the last 20 games. it was actually barkov and hub who disappeared. especially hub. what a brutal last 20 for him.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
well this franchise does suck but yea dadonov definitely doesn't. he was my favorite player this year easily. most electrifying player on the ice. not sure what the guy above was talking about. he only got better as the season wore on. I thought he was the panthers best player the last 20 games. it was actually barkov and hub who disappeared. especially hub. what a brutal last 20 for him.

I agree on Dadonov, Barkov and Huberdeau comments.
I was surprised with Dadonovs 2 way play as well. He's not a floater and can skate for days. Definitely a gem and probably a top 5 UFA signing this year in the whole league when you factor $4 million per year. 70pts was within reach with a full year.

Hate to make excuses for Barkov and Huberdeau but the robot was playing too much and it showed. Hoping next year Boughner will shave off at least 2mins a game.

With Huberdeau, we have to remember the injury, he may have some lingering issues and just gritted it out to help the playoff push. Still had a pretty decent 3/4 of the year but hopefully some rest will do him some good.

Last edited:

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
I agree on Dadonov, Barkov and Huberdeau comments.
I was surprised with Dadonovs 2 way play as well. He's not a floater and can skate for days. Definitely a gem and probably a top 5 UFA signing this year in the whole league when you factor $4 million per year. 70pts was within reach with a full year.

Hate to make excuses for Barkov and Huberdeau but the robot was playing too much and it showed. Hoping next year Boughner will shave off at least 2mins a game.

With Huberdeau, we have to remember the injury, he may have some lingering issues and just gritted it out to help the playoff push. Still had a pretty decent 3/4 of the year but hopefully some rest will do him some good.
yea bark was probably burnt out but the only way to solve that is trading for a top 6 legit scorer. I just don't see it happening as it'd require jettisoning entry level guys and adding salary. plus tallon all but confirmed that its not happening whrn he said he just hopes tippett and borg can fill those holes next yr. that was my cue to lose all hope for this manifestation of the panthers. its really sad. as for hub, he was really only good with barkov which means he's a complimentary second line winger on his own. not good enough. in my mind we have bark, dad, troch as the only really good offensive weapons. u can add hub if he plays with bark which basically means we have no second line. a legit top 6'er must be added and a #2/3 D. and those additions would only make us a 7th or 8th seed roster due to injurys that we will not be as lucky in avoiding next yr. to compete for the division we would have to make a blockbuster trade for a true all star and I don't even know what that'd require from us or if we have it. and there's no reason to believe the owners will spend to make it happen. I'm pretty sure one small move involving pysyk is all we can expect for next season and that's just not good enough. but were used to that.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Suddenly Dads took the puck end to end by himself every time he scored. Barky was a non factor. Nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->