Confirmed with Link: Panthers sign KHL free agent Evgeny Dadonov (3yr x 4M)

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
I used to hold a grudge against my dad when he left to get a pack of cigarettes and never came back...

But now i know he was just training in Russia so he could be the best winger on my dear dear Panthers team.

Welcome back Daddy, I still love you.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Ah so you purposely threw that in there to cover yourself if you were wrong... ;)
Sure. He was unproven and I waited for him to prove himself. It's not unusual.

Doesnt change the fact the team is on pace to allow 300 goals.

Yes he looks good. But let's wait to see how they keep this up. The shooting% for all of them are pretty high with Barkov the only one being 'around' normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: I am not exposed

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Sure. He was unproven and I waited for him to prove himself. It's not unusual.

Doesnt change the fact the team is on pace to allow 300 goals.

Yes he looks good. But let's wait to see how they keep this up. The shooting% for all of them are pretty high with Barkov the only one being 'around' normal.

I'll make sure to say "but we'll see..." after all of my opinions ;) Will save me the trouble of defending myself later on :laugh:

Just busting your chops man

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I'll make sure to say "but we'll see..." after all of my opinions ;) Will save me the trouble of defending myself later on :laugh:

Just busting your chops man
U should have said it when u said gudbranson was good when he was still with us.. then u would have had something to fall back on when he got traded and u bashed him

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I really like how the chemistry of that first line has gradually increased. It looks like they are all on the same page the last few games. I know Dads isn't Jags but that line is starting to look lethal every time out. Love Dads speed!

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Or we could come to grips that we dealt a couple bottom pairing defensemen, that were both asking for long term extensions.

Still dodged those bullets.

boyko10

44-11-9
Apr 27, 2017
Hello. First off I'm a Finnish Sasha fanboy and just finished watching an awesome compilation of Sashers october. Unfortunately I never get to see Cats play.

Watching that clip I couldn't take my eyes of Dad, it's amazing how well he handles pressure, his edgework and speed seems world-class, and he has that pure sniper ability to always find open space, and the shots are lethal. Also great balance for a small guy, seems to take hits without flinching.

I remember seeing him in the nationals countless times but it really bothers me that I know next to nada about him. Do you feel any of my observations are on/off ? Is there anything that you feel I've missed or exaggerated? How's his defensive effort? Passing? Seems like he's as comfortable setting up plays as finishing them.

So what I'm basically asking is how would you personally describe him?

Really sorry for the long post and possible grammatical errors. Not a native but I try.

EdwardTK

Jul 3, 2014
How's his defensive effort? Passing?

So what I'm basically asking is how would you personally describe him?

I think most of the fans are surprised how good Dadonov has been in the D-zone and board battles.
He has speed, smooth hand's and deadly wrister. He's still passing little too much, but that line is so much fun to watch.

boyko10

44-11-9
Apr 27, 2017
Just had a peek at Dad's wiki.. Did not know that Kovalchuk tried to refuse his mvp award in 2015, apparently because he felt his Hart belonged to Daddy. Awesome if true.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Guess "we'll see" was the way to go.

I know he is hurt, but 18 in 22 is nice.

Points in only 9 games? Not nice

Last edited:

Finnished

Jan 31, 2013
Not much talk about Dadonov though he has been a great match for Barkov. Sign another Russian this summer = profit.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Not much talk about Dadonov though he has been a great match for Barkov. Sign another Russian this summer = profit.
It has to be Gusev. Try to get him out of vegas. After Shipachyov incident i could see panthers being good destination and him not willing to play in vegas. Living close to his best friend Kucherov. Having his old linemate Dadonov already playing here. Gusev-Barkov-Dadonov would be just sick line.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
I had pretty high expectations for daddy b4 the season. I thought he'd score about .80 ppg and thought he was underpaid. he's vastly exceeded even that and I'm unbelievably impressed by him. aside from his brain fart on pointe the other game he's just been electrifying. what is it like 5 or 6 multi point games in a row now? unbelievable. its crazy to think of how shipochyov flamed out in comparison. wish dads had stuck with us the last buncha years. could've been a big difference maker in 15-16. he and troch are our best 3rd rounders ever if I'm not missing anyone. I almost can't believe dale tallon got him at 4 mil for 3 yrs. that's one of the best contracts in the nhl especially for a UFA. still hate'cha dale but this was a slam f***in dunk that shattered the backboard.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Dadonov should inspire Kovy to consider Florida and inspire Tallon to consider Kovy.

Mamin and Dadonov are two nice finds from the KHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->