Confirmed with Link: Panthers sign KHL free agent Evgeny Dadonov (3yr x 4M)

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Not really, because they are completely different players. Even in Dadonov's first stint here, he showed way more than Rau ever did. Dadonov is 4 years older than Rau and has taken a huge leap in his career by becoming a star scorer in the KHL. Literally what is comparable between Dadanov and Rau as a prospect other than being a 3rd round pick and roughly the same size? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know he isnt, that was just what he was implying.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Dadonov:
19+27=46
23+23=46
30+36=66
G 72 = 158 P

Shipachyov:
12+42=54
17+43=60
26+50=76
G 55 = 190 P

Kovalchuk:
25+30=55
16+33=49
32+46=78
G 73 = 182 P

Panarin (the 2 years before he came to the nhl):
20+20=40
26+36=62

just for a little reference these are the last 3 seasons in the khl for dadonov, shipachyov, and kovalchuk, added panarin too but those are the two years before coming into the nhl.
just some areas to note:
-scored the same amount of goals over the past 3 years that kovalchuk has.
-his goal totals have increased every year for 5 years.
-4 of 5 seasons he had at least 23+ assists (playing 52 games at the lowest, 59 games at the highest).
-27 playoff goals over 55 games the past 3 seasons.
i actually made a lazy excel line graph to show the progression of his goals, assists, and points over the past 5 years for a visual reference but can't find a way to put it on here.

not claiming him to be some superstar or anything, just simply seeing the comparisons out of curiosity and noting his development over there.

Last edited:

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Dadonov:
19+27=46
23+23=46
30+36=66
G 72 = 158 P

Shipachyov:
12+42=54
17+43=60
26+50=76
G 55 = 190 P

Kovalchuk:
25+30=55
16+33=49
32+46=78
G 73 = 182 P

20+20=40
26+36=62

just for a little reference these are the last 3 seasons in the khl for dadonov, shipachyov, and kovalchuk, added panarin too but those are the two years before coming into the nhl.
just some areas to note:
-4 of 5 seasons he had at least 23+ assists (playing 52 games at the lowest, 59 games at the highest).
i actually made a lazy excel line graph to show the progression of his goals, assists, and points over the past 5 years for a visual reference but can't find a way to put it on here.

not claiming him to be some superstar or anything, just simply seeing the comparisons out of curiosity and noting his development over there.

Nice research, thanks!

-ghoste

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Dadonov:
19+27=46
23+23=46
30+36=66
G 72 = 158 P

Shipachyov:
12+42=54
17+43=60
26+50=76
G 55 = 190 P

Kovalchuk:
25+30=55
16+33=49
32+46=78
G 73 = 182 P

20+20=40
26+36=62

just some areas to note:

nice post. He will prob do well with Barkov and Hubs. Gotta take risks signing KHL players to find offensive talent since top 6 players are so hard to acquire.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017

So 50 points is a reasonable expected production, should fill one of the top6 opening.
"[Dadonov is] a skilled forward and if he gets a regular turn alongside Barkov or Vincent Trocheck, that will present an opportunity for him to produce offensively. Given Florida’s needs, it’s not an unreasonable risk to take, but it’s hard to think that those many holes in the lineup aren’t self-inflicted."

Yep.

Thanks for the link!

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Anyone seen him at the Iceden yet?

I attended lot's of the rookie/main camps in the Luce days and saw Dads. I remember him being the most skilled guy with some added aggression, but small and weak. I'm interested to see what kind of shape Dads is in nowadays. Youtube clips can't tell the whole story.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Anyone seen him at the Iceden yet?

I attended lot's of the rookie/main camps in the Luce days and saw Dads. I remember him being the most skilled guy with some added aggression, but small and weak. I'm interested to see what kind of shape Dads is in nowadays. Youtube clips can't tell the whole story.

...and neither do stats, we don't have any idea because he's never played with any of these guys before!

Hey Batting, when he gets to town and starts skating, lettuce know please?? I'd love to snag ya a coffee or hot chocolate (or anyone else here that would show up in Coral Springs~!)

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Figured this needed a bump.

How impressed/disappointed have you guys been with him so far?

10 games in, he's got 5 goals, 3 on the PP, 6 assists and 11 points while being a -3, averaging just over 19 mins a game.

He's got a 17.9% shooting percentage, seems like he is streaky in the sense since he has 4 pointless nights but makes up for it with 5 multi-point games.

I assumed his physical play and back-checking would be his weaknesses but the latter is not true, he's showing the ability to get back into the play and break them up the last couple games.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I like his ability to slow the game down when the puck is on his stick.

He really seems to see the ice well and creates time and space for huby and barky in the offensive zone.

Every game seems to be adjusting and getting better.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
His adjustment and development in these 10 games has been most impressive. He's completely different from first couple games. The physical game hasn't been a problem. He looks great and a great price for cheap top liner for next couple years

Reactions: I am not exposed

sashalaine

Apr 2, 2016
Helsinki
He's completely different from first couple games.
My thoughts exactly, it's like night and day. It obviously helps that the top line has found some chemistry recently and has been able to generate offence. First couple games they were passing to each others' feet and kept going offside on every OZ entry. My hopes were high but right now it looks like he'll fulfill them. Also the new slashing rules benefit the dynamic, creative guys like Dadonov.

Jakeybonz2

Feb 19, 2017
My thoughts exactly, it's like night and day. It obviously helps that the top line has found some chemistry recently and has been able to generate offence. First couple games they were passing to each others' feet and kept going offside on every OZ entry. My hopes were high but right now it looks like he'll fulfill them. Also the new slashing rules benefit the dynamic, creative guys like Dadonov.

what slashing rules? u mean the ones they called only on us the first few games and then completely forgot about?

Reactions: FinlandPanther

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Figured this needed a bump.

How impressed/disappointed have you guys been with him so far?

10 games in, he's got 5 goals, 3 on the PP, 6 assists and 11 points while being a -3, averaging just over 19 mins a game.

He's got a 17.9% shooting percentage, seems like he is streaky in the sense since he has 4 pointless nights but makes up for it with 5 multi-point games.

I assumed his physical play and back-checking would be his weaknesses but the latter is not true, he's showing the ability to get back into the play and break them up the last couple games.
He's been fantastic. I thought if he broke 40 points would be good for him and he should blow by that. Great value. He's a nice compliment to Barkov and Hubs because of his knack of getting into scoring areas and shooting. Lately, he seems more in tune with the defensive part of the game and he flies back. Probably the fastest skater on the team. He's also very strong on his skates and doesn't get pushed around. Loving his game, Tallon's best free agent signing of all time.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
I was totally impressed with his game last night...he was driving the play..very slick and slows down the game to make the right play..a few games ago I was wondering if the first line would ever be as dominant as when Jagr first arrived to Florida.
This guy could be huge for the cats.. one of the team flaws right now is that we have to score 3 to 4 goals to win a game...he is definitely going to help to alleviate that problem.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
dadonov is definitely our fastest skater and its pretty crazy to see someone like him zipping around with the 1st line guys compared to jagr. hes great in and around the slot, hammers home passes that come his way in those areas and with great precision. hes a sneaky good passer and had a great backhand pass (i forgot to who) across traffic. the 1st line as a whole looked fantastic the other day against the wings, theyre really starting to gel and they really looked dominant. it also looks like hes getting used to the NA ice as his board work is getting a lot better and as others have said his D game is getting better. hes already got 5 goals with 3 on the pp. him and huberdeau have 11pt in 10 games, barkov 10pt in 10 games, the 1st line is a ppg or better for all players. thats great to see. couldve had more if that goal didnt get oveturned (or the barkov glove save in the net too earlier in the year), and have had numerous other great grade-A quality shots/chances throughout the year.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
dadonov is definitely our fastest skater and its pretty crazy to see someone like him zipping around with the 1st line guys compared to jagr. hes great in and around the slot, hammers home passes that come his way in those areas and with great precision. hes a sneaky good passer and had a great backhand pass (i forgot to who) across traffic. the 1st line as a whole looked fantastic the other day against the wings, theyre really starting to gel and they really looked dominant. it also looks like hes getting used to the NA ice as his board work is getting a lot better and as others have said his D game is getting better. hes already got 5 goals with 3 on the pp. him and huberdeau have 11pt in 10 games, barkov 10pt in 10 games, the 1st line is a ppg or better for all players. thats great to see. couldve had more if that goal didnt get oveturned (or the barkov glove save in the net too earlier in the year), and have had numerous other great grade-A quality shots/chances throughout the year.

But the goal was rightly overturned. And they are not going to score on every chance!

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I know a couple of teams in particular who'd die to have Dads right now (looking at you Oilers and Habs).
Top line for Panthers looking dynamic again.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I just want to say thank you to the team for trading for Jagr, because I doubt Huberdeau and Barkov would be this successful if it wasn’t for Jagr. Not saying they definitely wouldn’t be successful, but his experience and teachings really allow this duo to take in a new linemate in Dadonov, and not skip a beat.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
My lord, he's been waaaaaay better than I expected. Spectacular.
One of the bigger surprises is the physicality doesn't affect him at all. In fact, he uses his physicality to his advantage. He's the one more physical than the opponent, throwing hits, using his body to separate the opponent from the puck, using his body to shield the puck. Skill has been extreme. He's been a delight.

Oh, and the defensive side of the game has been much better than I thought it too. Wow.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
And they are not going to score on every chance!
.......huh? when did i imply they would? im praising them and saying its great how many scoring chances theyre getting, it means theyre dominating play in the offensive zone. of course they wont score every time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->