Proposal: Panthers - Rangers

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Zucc and pick #28 for pick #15, pick #34 and rights to Mascherin.

Panthers get scoring depth on the wings on a cheap contract to help push them over the top to be a playoff team in 2019. They also move up into the first from the second.

Rangers add a mid-teens first round pick and early negotiation rights to Mascherin.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
So, move back 13 spots and a 2nd, plus rigjts to a guy we’re supposedly losing anyway for Zucc?

I don’t think I’d mind that, honestly. Prefer just the 2nd and Mascherin’s rights, but I’m a greedy bastard. Lol

What’s Zucc’s contract?

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
So, move back 13 spots and a 2nd, plus rigjts to a guy we’re supposedly losing anyway for Zucc?

I don’t think I’d mind that, honestly. Prefer just the 2nd and Mascherin’s rights, but I’m a greedy bastard. Lol

What’s Zucc’s contract?
One year remaining but only at 4.5

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I’d do this pretty easily as a Rangers fan. I think Zucc would also perfectly fit with Florida. Zucc can lead and mentor the younger Panthers, plays with heart and intensity etc they can learn a lot from him. Resigning him should be pretty easy as well

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
No thanks. Moving back in the draft doesn't do anything for us, and one year of Zucc won't move the needle for a team in need of consistency from the wings and RD.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
This. Prefer to just move the 2nd and rights to Masch. To me that’s fair for a guy on a one year deal.

This offer breaks down to trading a malcontent with little value and a 2nd for a 50+pt scorer on a 1 yr deal.(UFA)

It is not enough.
I would move Zuc and the NJD 2nd for the #15. Masherin's rights have little value, if you want to throw that in fine but not a deal breaker if you don't.

I don't think Zuc has a problem resigning in Fl., the 2nd is a decent pick. It seems like fair value.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
This offer breaks down to trading a malcontent with little value and a 2nd for a 50+pt scorer on a 1 yr deal.(UFA)

It is not enough.
I would move Zuc and the NJD 2nd for the #15. Masherin's rights have little value, if you want to throw that in fine but not a deal breaker if you don't.

I don't think Zuc has a problem resigning in Fl., the 2nd is a decent pick. It seems like fair value.

I agree that Masch has little value, but offering the #15 for a guy on a one year deal when we can use that puck is hard to stomach. Even with the 2nd included.

Dunno, would t hate it, I’d love Zuc here, but I’m not sure he’s the missing link on offense. We definitely need help on D.

Perhaps pulling in Zuc and trying to land Cole in FA gets us over the hump. Again.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
No thanks. Moving back in the draft doesn't do anything for us, and one year of Zucc won't move the needle for a team in need of consistency from the wings and RD.

RD is totally different not addressed by this.
Zuc, while only 1 yr for sure, would be a big help and is worth 15OA on his own. He has loved life as a Ranger but now with following season is coming upon end of prime years which should be 1-2 years at a clip. Given NY is moving on with a makeover in general, at some point soon Zuc knows he must play elsewhere. Given that reality, there is no reason for him not to consider extending in FL if you reasonably pay him based on his performance this year. You have edge based on that inside track and no tax position.

Usually a bundle offers different possibilities that create more options, but in this case, I go a la carte.

Zuc for 15OA.
If Stars were not hosting the draft and presumably prefer to keep their first for the home crowd, I expect they would deal that 13OA readily for Zuc. It's fair value.

NY can retain 28OA

I give you a 6th round pick for the rights to talk to Masch for a few days.
IF we sign him, I add a 4th - doesn't matter he plays NYC or in the A.
If he actually cuts it and is offered another contract by Rangers, then I throw in a final conditional 3rd.
So that is a def 6th and a likely 4th and a possible 3rd, best case scenario what this guy shows.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
RD is totally different not addressed by this.
Zuc, while only 1 yr for sure, would be a big help and is worth 15OA on his own. He has loved life as a Ranger but now with following season is coming upon end of prime years which should be 1-2 years at a clip. Given NY is moving on with a makeover in general, at some point soon Zuc knows he must play elsewhere. Given that reality, there is no reason for him not to consider extending in FL if you reasonably pay him based on his performance this year. You have edge based on that inside track and no tax position.

Usually a bundle offers different possibilities that create more options, but in this case, I go a la carte.

Zuc for 15OA.
If Stars were not hosting the draft and presumably prefer to keep their first for the home crowd, I expect they would deal that 13OA readily for Zuc. It's fair value.

NY can retain 28OA

I give you a 6th round pick for the rights to talk to Masch for a few days.
IF we sign him, I add a 4th - doesn't matter he plays NYC or in the A.
If he actually cuts it and is offered another contract by Rangers, then I throw in a final conditional 3rd.
So that is a def 6th and a likely 4th and a possible 3rd, best case scenario what this guy shows.

If we move the 1st, I think itd be for Simmonds or Patches before Zuc.

Doesn’t matter if you think he’ll (or Patches, not a fan of moving the first for him either) for a guy with only one year left. He could move on and then we’ve lost out on a top 15 draft pick that would be with us for several years. And could make a huge impact, always a gamble though.

2nd, rights to Masch, Malgin.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Zucc doesn't want to stay there. If he leaves the Rangers he would try to sign with a cup contender. Perhaps Pittsburgh.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
I do think the Rangers and Panthers are perfect trading partners. Florida is ready to make a run in the playoffs. They severely lack depth though. Staal had a very good year. I think he would really help the Panthers if he would accept a deal there.

I suggest Staal, Spooner, Namestnikov and Devils 2nd rounder for the 15 overall.

I don't see that pick having any value to the Panthers. Spooner and Namestnikov are RFA's they can sign and be good complementary pieces for years. Staal is locked up. Rangers should keep Zucc. They need a leader up front.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
The fact Staal had a very good year in AV's moronic, no defense system says a lot in my book.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
As a Rangers / Panthers fan, its bad for both sides. My Panthers half says we can snag him next year. Why give up all that for impatience? My Rangers half is biased af and wants Zucc to retire in Blue and Im not sure Adam fills that up there...

To be honest I dont think either are good trading partners because anyone Id want to get rid of on the team I don't want going to the other.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Take out Zuch and the 15th pick I think it's a fair deal

Panthers get a better pick for something they are going to lose anyways. Rangers still get a good pick roughly in the same range(late first/early 2nd)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->