Panthers Prospect Update #15: 1/18 – 1/24

EstConf96*

Thanks. I like your work would have very little clue about this if not for you guys.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Thanks. I like your work would have very little clue about this if not for you guys.

Exactly how I felt. I always wanted a way to find out about our guys without looking in 50 different places so I thought I'd do the heavy lifting for everyone.

Thanks for following along. :)

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
signing in at school to say these are great. Thanks for the work, I can imagine it's annoying to find some of these stats

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
signing in at school to say these are great. Thanks for the work, I can imagine it's annoying to find some of these stats

I've got a folder containing bookmarks of sites for each players stats. The most difficult ones to find were Patrick Shea (playing high school hockey) and Denis Malgin (international league). :)

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
if you had to do a top 12, how would that look? assuming crouse would be the #1 guy.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
if you had to do a top 12, how would that look? assuming crouse would be the #1 guy.

In terms of potential (if they all reached their ceilings) here's what it would be:

1. Crouse
2. Matheson
3. Hawryluk
4. Rau
5. McCoshen
6. Downing
7. Weegar
8. Lammikko
9. Malgin
10. Grimaldi

Goalies:
1. Montembeault
2. Cowley
3. Brittain
4. Stevens

For goalies, it's very close after Montembeault.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Lammikko over Grimaldi? I could understand Malgin, but what has Lammiko done to get ahead of Rocco? And if swap Brittain and Cowley, and Weegar and Downing... But good list

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Lammikko over Grimaldi? I could understand Malgin, but what has Lammiko done to get ahead of Rocco? And if swap Brittain and Cowley, and Weegar and Downing... But good list

Well I did it based on potential for the NHL. For me, Lammikko has the tools to be a middle 6 guy. He's got good offensive ability, dynamite in the faceoff circle, and plays a good smart 2 way game. Grimaldi has been good in the NHL, but I've yet to see him do anything of note in any of the games he's been in the NHL. Of course that could change, but that's just right now.

I could switch Weegar and Downing, yes.

The goalies in the order I listed them are very close after Montembeault. All 3 are very similar in terms of potential I think.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
For me Bednard is definitely #3 in the pipeline. He's not as proven as some others, but I'm drooling over that frame and athleticism.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
For me Bednard is definitely #3 in the pipeline. He's not as proven as some others, but I'm drooling over that frame and athleticism.

Just realized I forgot about Bednard. I agree with you on that...he's got very good size (6'4") and athleticism...kind of underrated. Still pretty raw but he's got lots of time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad