Rumor: Panthers looking to move prospect Adam Mascherin

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Saad for the rights to Mascherin and a 1st?
Why would a Hawks fan want this?

Mascherin could be good, and I'd love to get him, but his value is that of a pick in the 2nd or 3rd round. And that 1st round pick would probably be around #16-20.

Saad had a tough year. It's an anomaly considering his previous seasons. Selling low on him is not the right move. Especially when the Hawks will have more than enough cap space for next season.

Reactions: Benstheman

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

Mascherin could be good, and I'd love to get him, but his value is that of a pick in the 2nd or 3rd round. And that 1st round pick would probably be around #16-20.

Saad had a tough year. It's an anomaly considering his previous seasons. Selling low on him is not the right move. Especially when the Hawks will have more than enough cap space for next season.

Why would the Panthers want this?

Reactions: nobody

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
He likely goes late first to mid second if he re-enters (I'd bet on anywhere between 20 and 40). If a team really wants him I could see his rights going for a second. Otherwise, his value is likely a bottom half second or a third.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
He likely goes late first to mid second if he re-enters (I'd bet on anywhere between 20 and 40). If a team really wants him I could see his rights going for a second. Otherwise, his value is likely a bottom half second or a third.

I don't know how many times prospects re entered draft but i don't think it ever happened a prospect has been draft higher then the first time.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I don't know how many times prospects re entered draft but i don't think it ever happened a prospect has been draft higher then the first time.

It happens about half the time. Jarret Stoll (46th to 36th), Mike Zigomanis (64th to 46th), and Matthew Lombardi (215th to 90th). It’s very rare for an NHL player to re-enter the draft, and today almost exclusively happens because a player wasn’t good enough to get signed. Mascheirn is not that case, and you can make the argument he’s over performed his draft position. I can’t see him not going in the second round, and there’s an outside chance he goes in the first.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Most recent one might be Frederik Andersen. 7th rounder to Carolina in 2010, then a 3rd rounder to Anaheim in 2012. Scott Parker was a 3rd rounder in 1996 then was a 1st rounder in 1998.

Typically teams will trade a player's rights (especially if they're not a 1st rounder) rather than lose him for nothing if he's likely to be redrafted.

Zonk

Jul 2, 2012
Leafs would take that. I think it's an overpayment by Florida. Unless Florida is prepared to offer JVR an eight year deal, there is no real benefit to Florida.
No the Leafs do not take this.

Which ever team trades for Mascherin has to sign him before the end of May or he goes back in the draft. The Leafs hope to be playing hockey in June and are not going to trade their top goal scorer before then.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
No the Leafs do not take this.

Which ever team trades for Mascherin has to sign him before the end of May or he goes back in the draft. The Leafs hope to be playing hockey in June and are not going to trade their top goal scorer before then.

Yea, but the Leafs can trade him for" futures considerations" even sign him. Doesn't have to be announced the details of the trade till later.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005

Saad is overrated and overpaid, would gladly trade for a soon to be ready scoring prospect and a 1st. He's not worth more than that, regardless of when he's traded.

But we all know he won't be traded and will instead alibi play out the remainder of his contract, possibly even scoring some meaningless points along the way. If he could even bother putting the work in, he's apparently a "star" now and accountability is non-existent in the Hawks "culture". So wouldn't bet on it...

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Saad is overrated and overpaid, would gladly trade for a soon to be ready scoring prospect and a 1st. He's not worth more than that, regardless of when he's traded.

But we all know he won't be traded and will instead alibi play out the remainder of his contract, possibly even scoring some meaningless points along the way. If he could even bother putting the work in, he's apparently a "star" now and accountability is non-existent in the Hawks "culture". So wouldn't bet on it...
Saad is usually a 50pt player. Who knows what Mascherin would become, but it'd be expecting a lot for him to get anything close next year.

And that first has a good shot of being nothing for the near future.

Hawks need top 6 caliber players. It's stupid to trade one of away for lower value.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Habs have four second rounders. I would offer up one of these three options;

Washington 2nd
Toronto 2nd
Mike McCarron

You may select one.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
I'd rather see him traded to the western conference if it was to happen. Perhaps make inquiries on Gusev and his future plans and see if VGK could swap them. Could be a win-win for both.

Florida gets Gusev (if he is first inquired does he have future plans in the NHL after his KHL contract or is there a chance for mutual termination) and he should be ready to kick in prime time when the Panthers are ready to be big time hitters and Vegas stacks up on their future. If not then pretty much a 2nd from a western conference team.
This please.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Rangers focused most of the TDL acquisitions on good prospects that are close to making their pro debuts (AHL or NHL)

I could see them using a late 1st on this kid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->