Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ house of horrors Feb. 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
House of horrors because of the Panthers record there, not because of the awful parking.

For the Panthers, I think Mitchell is still out and I'm betting Montoya starts Sunday, so no lineup changes.

:sens

Milan Michalek- Kyle Turris – Mark Stone

Mike Hoffman – Mika Zibanejad - Bobby Ryan

Shane Prince- David Legwand – Alex Chiasson

Erik Condra – Jean-Gabriel Pageau – Curtis Lazar

Marc Methot - Erik Karlsson

Jared Cowen - Cody Ceci

Mark Borowiecki - Eric Gryba

Andrew Hammond

Chris Driedger

Not playing Saturday: Craig Anderson (UBI), Robin Lehner (UBI), Clarke MacArthur (UBI), Patrick Wiercioch (healthy)

News/notes

- Dmitry Kulikov is serving the last game of a 4 game suspension
- Since 2000 Florida is 8-19 in Ottawa and 1-7 in their last 8
- Sean Bergenheim is expected to be traded by Monday to one of Vancouver, Montreal, or Winnipeg. The asking price is a 3rd round pick, which probably takes Vancouver out since they don't have one
- Ottawa goalie Andrew Hammond's nickname is the hamburgular

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Lou has been playing well. 2 goals in 9 of last 10 games after tonight. ride the hot goalie. it's money time. Lou till he says I'm tired

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I'd think Montoya would get the start vs. a 3rd string goalie.

Save Luo for the big guns in PIT.

I also want Lu to start Sunday, especially with Pittsburgh struggling and Greiss starting (likely). But Montoya hasn't started the first of a set yet, so I don't think it'll happen.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Both Luo & Montoya has good numbers in OTT over their careers.

Luo doesn't have good numbers in PIT, and Montoya has never played there.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I didn't get to comment on the Habs game from last night, but you can't much better about stealing a win than after that game! Luongo was the sole reason of why we made it to overtime in the first place. Great energy by the whole team in the 3rd Period to tie it up. I'm going to be the biggest Blues fan tonight for sure :)

I'm torn on who to start in the back-to-back. Ottawa usually is a very tough place for us to play, but they're on their third string goalie with Anderson and Lehner out. The Pens don't see as tough to beat with their recent downfall into the first Wild Card spot.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
RE: SO

I liked that Huberdeau, JJ and Barkov tried new moves. Don't have a problem with picking them even if they fail, as long as it's not the same 2-3 moves that they usually try (and fail).

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
RE: SO

I liked that Huberdeau, JJ and Barkov tried new moves. Don't have a problem with picking them even if they fail, as long as it's not the same 2-3 moves that they usually try (and fail).

Huberdeau would've beaten price if he got the puck up higher. He executed the move properly, but flubbed the flicking of the puck high over Price's pad. Boy does he have an bag of tricks. It's good to know because it keeps the opposition guessing. Huby just needs to polish some of those moves and execute a little better. Same thing for Barkov.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Huberdeau would've beaten price if he got the puck up higher. He executed the move properly, but flubbed the flicking of the puck high over Price's pad. Boy does he have an bag of tricks. It's good to know because it keeps the opposition guessing. Huby just needs to polish some of those moves and execute a little better. Same thing for Barkov.

I think the new dry-scrape really screws them in shootouts. They can't pull their usually flashy dekes because the puck rolls on the rough ice. I'm sure they'll eventually be able to adapt, but for now, I think they're still getting used to it

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Lou has been playing well. 2 goals in 9 of last 10 games after tonight. ride the hot goalie. it's money time. Lou till he says I'm tired

I disagree, we gotta keep Lu fresh. Let Montoya play this game and start Lu the next three vs Pitt, Chicago, and Chicago.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I disagree, we gotta keep Lu fresh. Let Montoya play this game and start Lu the next three vs Pitt, Chicago, and Chicago.

Chicago is a b2b and would be tougher on the body with the longer travel and time zone change imo.

Shoukd send Lou home early and wait for the team in Florida hahah

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Chicago is a b2b and would be tougher on the body with the longer travel and time zone change imo.

Shoukd send Lou home early and wait for the team in Florida hahah

It's not a back to back though. We play Pitt on the 22nd, Chicago on the 24th + 26th. He'd get a day of rest between each game.

FlaPantherSwe*

We have to play Montoya sooner or later rather do it vs bad team then elite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad