Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Bolts 1/29

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frek

Dec 2, 2005
PSL, Florida
I've been avoiding these boards since the 2nd game. I liked what I saw last game in terms of most of the players playing their hearts out. Yes we've had a bad start but I believe these guys can get it together.

Personally I'm not looking for any one particular guy to change it all around. We have the right pieces in place to have 4 solid lines that can each play their role. One game at a time. I'm pretty sure the whole team hasn't been happy this last week and I'm looking for it to start to change tomorrow night.

Erick*

I've been avoiding these boards since the 2nd game. I liked what I saw last game in terms of most of the players playing their hearts out. Yes we've had a bad start but I believe these guys can get it together.

Personally I'm not looking for any one particular guy to change it all around. We have the right pieces in place to have 4 solid lines that can each play their role. One game at a time. I'm pretty sure the whole team hasn't been happy this last week and I'm looking for it to start to change tomorrow night.

We have an AHL player on our 1st line...

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
The Panthers usually play well against the Lightning. Hopefully that will continue on Tuesday night.

It's going to be difficult to shut down the Lightning's scorers. Hopefully Theo can hold back the floodwaters and the Panthers can find some offense.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
The Panthers usually play well against the Lightning. Hopefully that will continue on Tuesday night.

It's going to be difficult to shut down the Lightning's scorers. Hopefully Theo can hold back the floodwaters and the Panthers can find some offense.

Looking for it to be the springboard game.

Wish I could tell you why.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Doesn't seem like Weiss and Versteeg kept themselves in good shape at all during the work stoppage.

This team is paying for it now..

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
At least Versteeg will be back, but as he said, they may need oxygen masks on the bench by him at all times. With the Lightning scoring 4.8 goals on average per game, my assumption of what's going to happen is hard to swallow. Dineen made them go through heavy duty drills and such in practice to prepare them to play as one unit. Hopefully this all helps, but it's really hard to stay positive until we get more guys back into the lineup.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
so the flyers beat us 7-1 and the bolts spanked the flyers 5-1. think we can keep this thing within 10 goals? :sarcasm:

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
From flpanthers oficial twitter site:

Versteeg should make #FlaPanthers season debut tomorrow. Dineen on return: "I'm excited to get him back. He's a large part of our lineup."

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
from the Panthers official site.

Interesting that they may bring Shore back up for tommorow...

Shore has improved in each game he's played since making his NHL debut on Tuesday, Jan. 22 in Montreal. The forward has gone from 9:20 of ice time to 11:31 against Ottawa and 16:12 on 24 shifts against Philadelphia. He was fantastic in the face-off circle, winning 83% of his draws (10-of-12) and had five shots on net.

"He had a good couple of games here and I liked him," said Dineen. "Obviously, in a disappointing game against Philadelphia, Drew I think stood out in a real positive way."

The Panthers could very well call up the 21-year old following the conclusion of the All-Star game. He certainly has impressed in what Dineen has called the "initial snap shot".

"I think he's made a statement that he's going to do everything he can to stay here," said Dineen.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
from the Panthers official site.

Interesting that they may bring Shore back up for tommorow...

Shore has improved in each game he's played since making his NHL debut on Tuesday, Jan. 22 in Montreal. The forward has gone from 9:20 of ice time to 11:31 against Ottawa and 16:12 on 24 shifts against Philadelphia. He was fantastic in the face-off circle, winning 83% of his draws (10-of-12) and had five shots on net.

"He had a good couple of games here and I liked him," said Dineen. "Obviously, in a disappointing game against Philadelphia, Drew I think stood out in a real positive way."

The Panthers could very well call up the 21-year old following the conclusion of the All-Star game. He certainly has impressed in what Dineen has called the "initial snap shot".

"I think he's made a statement that he's going to do everything he can to stay here," said Dineen.

Does this mean Weiss is going on the IR?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Not trying to be rude, but do you know anything about the Panthers or hockey in general?

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
so the flyers beat us 7-1 and the bolts spanked the flyers 5-1. think we can keep this thing within 10 goals? :sarcasm:

You guys always play us tough, regardless of records.

Injuries are the real killer for any team. Last season we were seriously hosed by them as well having to backfill with AHL talent sucks serious ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad