GDT: Panthers @ Blackhawks - 7:30 pm (CT) NSCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
This team is so pathetic, anyone who doesnt think this team is horrendously awful and these games are not insanely boring they are just sugar coating and kidding themselves...
OT Win...On a three game winning streak. Middle of the pack record. Dont you think this may have been an exaggeration.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Seabs shoots. .breaks stick...inept...laughable ..

Seems like the Florida stars all looking likevalk-star calibre tonight .Our giusy look like not even AHL level.players..
Yes seabrooks inept because his stick broke.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Like Pirri? And Morin? And Clendening? etc , etc , etc

Also holding onto an asset and watching its value crash and then giving asset away for near free or free is a Bowman special
We got richard panik and his 22 goals last year and .5 points per game this year for not in the league morin and One of our top 3 d man Forsling for Clendening. For pirri we have a solid prospect in Mattias From and a pretty good young AHL winger in Matt Iacopelli. Pirri is on the chicago wolves right now.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
We got lucky and CC gave us tge chance to hang in and win it..But we played very poorly in the 60 minute game except for a few shifts by line#1..But everyone just quit in that lousy 2nd period ..Team grades by period...Period 1 :D+ ...Period 2:F--....Period 3 C+...OT 4x3 is a phoney game and is at best can even process defined by last shot probably wins without going to shoot -out ..so you cannot give any grade for a team in 3x3....a lot of luck involved ...They hit post...at could have gonevthevithercway ..But the point is we played overall very poorly in the 60 minute real game.

Now we go on the road 5 of next 6 ..4 point games in next 3 vs.WPG,Minn and Dallas ...if we play as syinkyvasclast night we will get zero points in next games ...Have to commit to better effortt and compete with no MIA games or periods ....I suggest Q sits them all down to play a replay of the game last night ....not to point out their poor play ..but rather that he order them to watch every shift Vincent Trocheck played. ..and to tell everyone of our guys that THAT is the 3 period effort and compete level he wants to see from every single guy on the team...sustained excellence ...competence...pursuit ..hunt the puck. ..get the puck...be dangerous on attack..be relentless.for 60 monutes...enough of the 5-6 minute only show up in games ..In other words...demand they alk get bin the same page and go on a team mission by comitting to excellence for entire games.Of course they probably will not respond...because the culture of flip the switch for just a few minutes only is so ingrained in the let CC save us mentality cause we are so good we can just win with 5-6 compete minutes a night that defines the Country Club identity too many on this team have subscribed to.

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
He’s the best offensive player after Kane hands down by a mile, AA and Shmaltz honourable mentions. Rest of the team is junk but the 4th line is awesome for what they do.
that is why i was of the opinon that D-cat will best serve the team playing on the line of Kane. he can be that Pan kind of offensive player. D-cat - AA - kane.

then move Schm to Toews line.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
He’s the best offensive player after Kane hands down by a mile, AA and Shmaltz honourable mentions. Rest of the team is junk but the 4th line is awesome for what they do.

I don't with the junk part (there is junk there but I think Hartman and Panik are not close to junk) but I do agree about Debrincat being the team 2nd best offensive player.

Schmaltz has shown chemistry with Kane and Toews so if Q wanted to flip Cat and Schmaltz he could. Schmaltz has the ability to control the puck and pace more so than Cat but Cat is obviously a bigger shooting threat and is more aggressive offensively. Our top 6 is younger but has options.

The team also needs Hino to develop into a 3C or Highmore or LD. Although I like thought JD's idea of moving Sharp to 3c.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
ref with Hino, i don't think he needs to jump into the 3rd line right away. while i do admit i was all for Hino to being brought up, i think he should start on the 4th line and let him earn his playing time on the 3rd line.

bottom line, i think his, Hino eventual upside is a 3rd line player.

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
OT Win...On a three game winning streak. Middle of the pack record. Dont you think this may have been an exaggeration.
I am usually quite optimistic but this 3 game winning streak has been a huge struggle against 'easier' competition. My hopes and patience with the lack of scoring is become wary.

Winnipeg is up next and will be an indicator of this teams ability to play against some real fire power. honestly it does not look good. Hopefully I'm dead wrong.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I am usually quite optimistic but this 3 game winning streak has been a huge struggle against 'easier' competition. My hopes and patience with the lack of scoring is become wary.

Winnipeg is up next and will be an indicator of this teams ability to play against some real fire power. honestly it does not look good. Hopefully I'm dead wrong.
you make a interesting point.

what i have been seeing and i have been trying to think positive, is like last yr, the time when the hawks were winning and right before CC got hurt. the play of the hawks was good, not great or dominating.

so with that, i wanted to take the baby steps and hope for a better result than last season.

Matt Ravlich

Oct 1, 2017
BC
saultonline.com

Nope, U R right. Winterpeg always plays the Hawks tough and they are a BIG team. Hawks will have to be at the top of their game to beat them. Will Toews come up big against his home town team? THAT could be the difference between a W or an L.

Matt Ravlich

Oct 1, 2017
BC
saultonline.com
well i will say this..... the good guys won, yeah !!

now i want to admit this, about my narrative / rant based on the games stats or how i see some players play. the problem is, the Bhawks won. those wins helps to overlook those miscues.

now for the factual part, yes they made some errors that lead to goals against, but the team, behind CC won the game and i can live with it. i will also admit, it is bearable when the good guys won. so the games that the Bhawks had to win, won. was it a perfect victory, who knows, i love to keep this my point simple, the Bhawks won.

now for them, the team to build on that win......

Go Hawks !!!
Jou mean the team in FRONT of Corey Colander? Unless you are a "Rear" Admiral lol you got yer directions wrong!

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Kempny is MEH. That is why he is sitting. Osterboy brings much more energy to the team!

Nope, U R right. Winterpeg always plays the Hawks tough and they are a BIG team. Hawks will have to be at the top of their game to beat them. Will Toews come up big against his home town team? THAT could be the difference between a W or an L.

Don't keep moi in SUSPENDERz! lol Tell all which D man!?! HAS to be Forsling?

Please tell me your not committed to this style of writing. Our quota of posters with a generic hook is already filled by Fiddy.

Matt Ravlich

Oct 1, 2017
BC
saultonline.com
just for a little perspective there 50 ... I would certainly imagine that if Trochek wins 3 cups in the next 4 or 5 years and puts on the hard miles that Toews has that we might see a little different animal out there in terms of the relentless hunger. There is something to the fact that once you taste the feast not once, not twice but three times and pay the high price of the privilege in blood, sweat and mileage that one potentially loses some of that hunger ... but alas who am I to pass judgement!
Alas, U R the one who PAYS THE FREIGHT for these FAT CATS, that's who! Me too. Every time I shell out 200 shekels for Center Ice, and more $$$ for cable each month, that $$$ goes in the pot with yours and millions of other fans to PAY THE FREIGHT. Without us, the FAT CATS wouldn't exist in the lifestyles they are accustomed to.

Matt Ravlich

Oct 1, 2017
BC
saultonline.com
No kidding. Been a while since I've seen/heard Foley gushing about a player as much as he did with Trocheck.
Foley just likes names and words that begin with "Tr", as in "tree, turdy tree left in da turd period!" lol BTW, he STOLE that from MOI, a few years ago on the Hawks "O" Boards. I had all the posters there talking like that. It was a fun time til the "Old Boys Club" on there got rid of me for being better, and smarter than them in EVERY way. Foley probably doesn't know the meaning behind it. It's a jag at French Canadian accents, up here in CanaDUH, esp hockey players. See the FC goalie in the movie "Slap Shot".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad