Status
Not open for further replies.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Interesting note:
M. KempnyIllness
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Has this been the case for the past few weeks?
I believe so, but I haven't seen any report on what it could be. I know I have seen it before though.

It gets cold in the doghouse I guess

Reactions: RayP

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The cynic in me believes they're calling a healthy scratch an illness, because Stan sees the writing on the wall, knows Q is never going to play Kempny despite merit, and is trying to keep his value up for possible trades... the more a guy is listed as a healthy scratch, the lower his value on the market goes.

Kempny is going to end up helping a much smarter coach win a lot of games after the TDL.

Reactions: Pomee

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The cynic in me believes they're calling a healthy scratch an illness, because Stan sees the writing on the wall, knows Q is never going to play Kempny despite merit, and is trying to keep his value up for possible trades... the more a guy is listed as a healthy scratch, the lower his value on the market goes.

Kempny is going to end up helping a much smarter coach win a lot of games after the TDL.

Like Pirri? And Morin? And Clendening? etc , etc , etc

Also holding onto an asset and watching its value crash and then giving asset away for near free or free is a Bowman special

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
And we win another game we had no business winning...CC the only reason we had a chance to pull out such an ugly effort...Won the phoney game in OT 3x3 bit also had luck on our side as they hot post ...FLA deserved better ...ot played us most of the game...We managed to wake up with 6 monutes and change left I the 4rd to toe it...Played even or better in the OT till they moss and Kane transitions and buries it
..I would say we were lucky to get 2 points we did not deserve cause. For the vast majority of the game. We did not compete....we were really MIA ...but somehow we still snatched victory from the jaws of defeat ...A win is a win..But ..not very satisfying ...Way too much poor effort and poor play from us to be happy tonight .The question though is how cone Trocheck and Barlow and Bjugstad playing in a back to back 2nd game could have that kind of energy all game..mtge full 60 and our stars could only muster a few good shifts in the first period ...none in the 2nd period and only 6 minutes and change I the 3rd with the compete and hustle required to compete ? THEN we traded chances in OT till we won it.But on effort and competent play on the 60 minute game ,we probably competed maybe 10 monutes total ..It was that bad .So no way Q is happy how we played this game..Gans cannot be happy how we played this game.Or pkayer's? Do not know if they care enough to be angry at how poor tgey played the 60 minute game.. UT Toews hot hid points..Kane got the GWG ..so Out top 2 "stars" probably happy with their "work" for tge night
..Which is a bad thing. .Cause of Toews had played like Trocheck the full 60 and if Kane had gone on misdion full 60 like Trocheck and his pals. .....then it woukd have been a vastly different game.But alas our flip the switch "stars" coukd only sustain a couple of shifts of to effort ...not every shift
Or most shifts like tge Florida guys who shined tonight. WE exerted just enough to squeeze out a victory...thanks again to CC and better luck .

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Hawks got 6 pts against 3 bad teams so that's good. They will need to play better to get wins against good teams though. Good to see the 1st line have a nice game but all the other lines struggled.

It would really be nice to see the 1st and 2nd line both have it going for a few games.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Like Pirri? And Morin? And Clendening? etc , etc , etc

Also holding onto an asset and watching its value crash and then giving asset away for near free or free is a Bowman special

You do realize Clendening was traded for one of our current best defenseman right?

But please tell me more about Stans awful asset management

Reactions: Matt Ravlich

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I missed the game as I was officiating myself. Sounds to me like I was a better official than who was doing the hawks game tonight.

How bad was sea brook tonight?

Reactions: BrianE

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Attn Mr.Kelley...please have your scouts find us a Vincent t Trocheck C......you know a guy with full 60 on misdion heart and ability to dominate shift after shift after shift. .you know ...a talented C who wins faceoffs..can generate offense...hard on the puck ...the antithesis of Country Club ..can dominate ...and inspire with hustle and relentless pursuit ...A C who does nit need to flip any switches cause the switch is always on ...and least mist of the time?Can it be that hard to find such a dram player?No?Well then ..can you get us 9flip the switch star forwards ..see if we had 9 of them all flipping switches every 5 minutes..that woukd give.vus 45 monutes of stardom out of every 60 ...that would almost equal 1 Trocheck.But hey ...we cannot expect miracles from your vaunted scouting staff,can we?SO ...I just ask you for 1 guy with the heart and want to give at least 45 /60 every game. Any little bit of heart woukd help.

Reactions: Rolo

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
I missed the game as I was officiating myself. Sounds to me like I was a better official than who was doing the hawks game tonight.

How bad was sea brook tonight?

Well you would have done a far better job that's for damn sure, have no idea where the league get's these clowns from.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
The effort put forth in the last 3 games is not going to beat a legitimate playoff team. Pretty putrid way to pick up 6 points.
Just win baby.

Your not wrong, obviously. They did just enough to get the wins in each game. They will have to play better against the better teams upcoming.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Was at the game tonight. Did NOT deserve a win, but "that's hockey, baby".

Still, can't be at all happy with getting outshot that much by a team that has been as bad as the Panthers this year. We played the three worst teams in the league over the last three games, and none of those wins were impressive victories.

Quite a few boos, from me and the rest of the fans, after the 2nd and 3rd PPs. You think we'd all be used to seeing an ugly looking PP after all these seasons, but alas, we're still none too pleased with it.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
You do realize Clendening was traded for one of our current best defenseman right?

But please tell me more about Stans awful asset management

The rare good move of course its more Benning being terrible GM then Stanley doing anything

Also Mark Mcneill is fine example of Stanley holding onto player until he has no value

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Kempny should be playing. Oesterle has been solid though.

Kempney and Osterle should both be playing over Franson as they bring speed, this team needs speed, they look like turtles out there, it was a miracle how they won the last 3 games, this kind of play in the playoffs and you are out in 4...

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
another "must win" game in the books ........... 3 wins vs 3 crap teams .... now its time to play against some talented clubs and see if the Hawks sink back to .500

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Attn Mr.Kelley...please have your scouts find us a Vincent t Trocheck C......you know a guy with full 60 on misdion heart and ability to dominate shift after shift after shift. .you know ...a talented C who wins faceoffs..can generate offense...hard on the puck ...the antithesis of Country Club ..can dominate ...and inspire with hustle and relentless pursuit ...A C who does nit need to flip any switches cause the switch is always on ...and least mist of the time?Can it be that hard to find such a dram player?No?Well then ..can you get us 9flip the switch star forwards ..see if we had 9 of them all flipping switches every 5 minutes..that woukd give.vus 45 monutes of stardom out of every 60 ...that would almost equal 1 Trocheck.But hey ...we cannot expect miracles from your vaunted scouting staff,can we?SO ...I just ask you for 1 guy with the heart and want to give at least 45 /60 every game. Any little bit of heart woukd help.

just for a little perspective there 50 ... I would certainly imagine that if Trochek wins 3 cups in the next 4 or 5 years and puts on the hard miles that Toews has that we might see a little different animal out there in terms of the relentless hunger. There is something to the fact that once you taste the feast not once, not twice but three times and pay the high price of the privilege in blood, sweat and mileage that one potentially loses some of that hunger ... but alas who am I to pass judgement!

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The rare good move of course its more Benning being terrible GM then Stanley doing anything

Also Mark Mcneill is fine example of Stanley holding onto player until he has no value

If you actually learned to give Stan the credit he is due on some things, people would look at your posts a lot differently. Why the second part? It's not even remotely factual information. Just wild speculation on your part.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
well i will say this..... the good guys won, yeah !!

now i want to admit this, about my narrative / rant based on the games stats or how i see some players play. the problem is, the Bhawks won. those wins helps to overlook those miscues.

now for the factual part, yes they made some errors that lead to goals against, but the team, behind CC won the game and i can live with it. i will also admit, it is bearable when the good guys won. so the games that the Bhawks had to win, won. was it a perfect victory, who knows, i love to keep this my point simple, the Bhawks won.

now for them, the team to build on that win......

Go Hawks !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->