Pre-Game Talk: Panthers at Senators , Tuesday March 20, 7:30

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Definitely. You can feel it watching the game, and even reading the HFSens boards tonight. Terrible day.

You never really recover from such tragedies, even years after it happened. Imagine on the day it happens, it’s surreal

A good friend of mine (although older) and one of the best persons I have ever known, lost his two children in a car accident while he and his wife survived. Just imagine.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
You never really recover from such tragedies, even years after it happened. Imagine on the day it happens, it’s surreal

A good friend of mine (although older) and one of the best persons I have ever known, lost his two children in a car accident while he and his wife survived. Just imagine.

That's awful. I don't know how a person could go on, after something like that. It's like losing your heart and soul,a nd having to live as an empty shell afterwards.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Are we still doing that thread where we blame players for goals?

0.5 each for Sieloff+Gaborik on goal 4. Bad choice by Sieloff to pinch when Harpur was deep in the zone. Something poetic about Gaborik at the end of his career getting burned by a speedster on a bad bounce.

I enjoyed that anecdote about the doors that opened towards the ice on the bench......4-1....goalie change incoming....might end up falling asleep here.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Didn’t watch. Was Anderson bad?

No.

A trend in this game was that the Senators were causing themselves tons of trouble with how they managed the puck when trying to maintain the offensive zone, and this would lead to FLA countering and scoring. 2/4 goals that I saw were a direct result of this, with 1/4 being an indirect result (I gave up a few minutes ago 7 minutes left in the 2nd so I can't comment on anything after that.)

The first goal against Anderson was the only one that came from an actual in zone hockey play where he could realistically be blamed. It was a point shot that was tipped in front. Maybe it's hanging a goalie out to dry to say a tip was on him.

Second goal came at the end of a shift when the forwards were tired. Right side D had pinched and Smith was the last man back. He made a bad choice to try and prevent the breakout at the blue line rather than retreat and play it safe covering for the D who made the failed pinch, lead to a 2 on 1 against Mark Borowiecki who then slid NHL 15 style. Can't really blame Anderson there.

Third goal was the one indirectly caused by a FLA counter with the Senators once again doing a poor job of maintaining the offensive zone. Same thing, failed pinch (Boro), the forward (Chlapik) failed to recognize the D pinching and did not sufficiently cover. Odd man rush the other way. Ceci saves a possible goal here with his play defending the 2 on 1. All is going well until Gaborik just decides to take a nap and let Dadonov sneak in completely uncovered right behind him. I can't tell because of the angle on TV, but I don't even think Ekblad is in the zone at this point yet Gaborik chooses to cover against Ekblad's shot while letting Dadonov just chill out waiting for a shot at the right side of the net. Dadonov is uncovered for what feels like an eternity. Some EASHL shit going on here. So in short, Anderson has to contend with a completely uncovered man in a high danger area because of Gaborik.....so not really his fault here.

Fourth goal. Again, another goal that comes from the Senators being unable to manage the puck at their opponents blue line and the Panthers countering. This time, it's Sieloff who makes a bad decision to pinch when his D-partner (Harpur) is already caught in deep. This leads to a bouncing puck against Gaborik who shows his age of 104 by being blown away by McCann who scores on the break away. Again, not Anderson's fault.

I think the pull was a mercy pull because Anderson was being hung out to dry. Honestly, from what I saw, there's a very common trend to the goals tonight. They almost all came directly or indirectly from the team executing Boucher's system poorly and making bad choices at their opponents blueline. Whether this is on the players, or whether it is on Boucher for having what might be a futile system that is hard to properly execute, I don't know. I honestly haven't been paying enough attention to the last dozen or two games to know if this is a more common trend for where our breakdowns (and eventual goals against) usually occur.

Reactions: DrEasy

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Wow, just five pages...

Watching the highlights and having been a bit out of touch since we've been sucking it felt like they'd replaced the whole damn team out there. First Sieloff I was like, I know that name but from where... Oh yeah, the guy who murdered MacArthur. But then the mentioned a "Schlapek" and I was like, I have DEFINITELY never heard of him.. Until I saw his jersey and was like OHHH Chlapík. So please friends, his name is "Khlapeek" and I know "kh" is not a normal English sound but if you're going to cheat it please go "k" or "h", no "ch" or "sh" please, thank you, sincerely, your Czech delegation

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
The coaching staff need to stop shuffling the d pairing that much..

I don't think the Dman played 2 consecutive shift with the same partner and it's not like their was a lot of special team.

Except Chabot-Ceci.. The other player were shuffling like crazy. They need some consistency and to me it's even more important when it come to D pairing.

Poor game.. But with the news regarding Karlsson's family.. it was to be expected.

Prayer for EK's family !!

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
About 13,000-14,000. Pretty decent for a wretched team. We can say whatever we want about being a meh hockey market, but having 14k willing to pay for this team is a good thing, imo. Party size Ruffle plain with Philly dip is also a good thing, oh yeah.

Attendance: 14,434 (78.0% full) according to ESPN

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Didn’t watch. Was Anderson bad?

Yes. I'm not saying all the goals were 100% his fault or anything, but if he provided league average goaltending we don't get blown out last night. Willing to give Andy the benefit of the doubt here though, tough situation to be in, and the team was disinterested in front of him, but it doesn't completely get him off the hook.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Team had no drive after the awful news, don't blame them one bit, really heartbroken for them...man the horrific news seems to follow this organization around, its awful and uncanny and has seemingly been a constant for years now.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
The coaching staff need to stop shuffling the d pairing that much. But with the news it was to be expected.

Kinda hard not to shuffle when your best man is out. But like mentioned, this game was lost even before the tragic news was out.

They'll regroup and lose to the Oilers thurs night! :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Kinda hard not to shuffle when your best man is out. But like mentioned, this game was lost even before the tragic news was out.

They'll regroup and lose to the Oilers thurs night! :sarcasm:

My comment was not only for that game.

They do it a lot even when EK is here.
Because they want EK or Ceci as they are the only RHD on this team.

I just prefer when things don'tmove that much. When it is mostly 5v5 of course.

Reactions: Back in Black

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->