Panthers announce new team charter jet + Doug Cifu interview

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Nice interview.

Gudbranson grew an inch to 6'6" and is now up to 230? Good for him. The weight was something he needed to do for awhile. I know he was reluctant due to the fact he thought it would slow him down. It may have confirmed that he finally believes his strengths lie back on the defensive end and the protection of teammates. Doesn't mean he hasn't worked on his shot from the point, which would enhance his value even more. Now if they can get Petro to follow suit and put on some weight.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Nice interview.

Gudbranson grew an inch to 6'6" and is now up to 230? Good for him. The weight was something he needed to do for awhile. I know he was reluctant due to the fact he thought it would slow him down. It may have confirmed that he finally believes his strengths lie back on the defensive end and the protection of teammates. Doesn't mean he hasn't worked on his shot from the point, which would enhance his value even more. Now if they can get Petro to follow suit and put on some weight.

How are his legs though :laugh:

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Nice interview.

All I want out of Gudbranson is for him to play stay at home d and be a plus player. Be defensively smart and keep the errors to a minimum. Don't delay the game and don't take unnecessary penalties. Doesn't even really matter how tall he is. It's a disadvantage when we play Montreal and Tampa, because their small forwards just do whatever they want around him. He can't do much without taking a penalty. Two minutes for being taller than the other guy and checking him". Happens all the time. Especially with those two teams. It's becoming increasingly obvious that his size is arguably more of a con than a pro sometimes.

Last edited:

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
All I want out of Gudbranson is for him to play stay at home d and be a plus player. Be defensively smart and keep the errors to a minimum. Don't delay the game and don't take unnecessary penalties. Doesn't even really matter how tall he is. It's a disadvantage when we play Montreal and Tampa, because their small forwards just do whatever they want around him. He can't do much without taking a penalty. Two minutes for being taller than the other guy and checking him". Happens all the time. Especially with those two teams.
Gudbranson's problem has always been he is a gambler and does not keep good gap control. He has to accept the fact that he is not an offensive defenseman and focus as you say on playing smart defensively. He also is known to get out of position if he feels his partner has lost his man. Let the coaches worry about his partners. They can be replaced if they are not sound on positioning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad