Votes: 22 55.0%
  • Smith

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Gallant

Votes: 13 32.5%

• Total voters

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
its hard work to turn everything into panther bashing but I do my best ;)

Oh, I don't blame you.

I've done my best in the past to put a positive spin on moves this organization makes, but I can't do it any longer with a straight face. There is so much justice in seeing them cast off Gallant/JAM/Smith, miss the playoffs by one point, and potentially have to watch Gallant/JAM/Smith joist the Cup.

Lots of contrition needs to be shown by this organization for their countless f*** ups, and that contrition needs to come in the form of spending every last penny they have every damn season moving forward until this team wins a Cup.

I'm done "trusting the process." Go broke icing a winner or find an owner that will.

Reactions: Kid Icarus

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
If Bjugstad wants a SC, he should wish to be traded to a cellar dweller by the panthers and bam, guaranteed Cup.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I don't really miss any of them. I didn't really like any of them as players and smith is a massive dork personality wise (not that it matters) but march's skill is sorely needed. he was the major missing piece this season.

I actually don't really like any of the panthers players. I find it a remarkably unlikeable and unexciting roster but I guess if i had to pick, then dadonov. he's decently fun to watch followed by troch and then yand. completely bored by all others besides shootout barkov.
Really? You don't say? :sarcasm:

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Oh, I don't blame you.

I've done my best in the past to put a positive spin on moves this organization makes, but I can't do it any longer with a straight face. There is so much justice in seeing them cast off Gallant/JAM/Smith, miss the playoffs by one point, and potentially have to watch Gallant/JAM/Smith joist the Cup.

Lots of contrition needs to be shown by this organization for their countless **** ups, and that contrition needs to come in the form of spending every last penny they have every damn season moving forward until this team wins a Cup.

I'm done "trusting the process." Go broke icing a winner or find an owner that will.
you have evolved my friend. it looks good on u :) come to the dark side my padawan.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
you have evolved my friend. it looks good on u :) come to the dark side my padawan.

The old dark side is the new good side. Any who supports the current decision-making wants to see eternal mediocrity. Classic enablers.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
The old dark side is the new good side. Any who supports the current decision-making wants to see eternal mediocrity. Classic enablers.
Mediocrity of winning the division and best point finish in team history. I could also spin in and say anyone who supports the other side wants to see non stop turmoil and 82 point finishes. See how that works

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Mediocrity of winning the division and best point finish in team history. I could also spin in and say anyone who supports the other side wants to see non stop turmoil and 82 point finishes. See how that works

I want an owner who spends freely. How is that conducive with turmoil?

They've won their division twice in twenty-five years. That impresses you?

The best point finish in franchisr history, yet can't qualify for the playoffs. Kind of encapsulates the franchise's historic ineptitude, no? That literally the best they can do is still not good enough for 8th place in their conference?

Again, you're going to great lengths to spit-shine a turd....but it's still a turd.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.

The best point finish in franchisr history, yet can't qualify for the playoffs. Kind of encapsulates the franchise's historic ineptitude, no? That literally the best they can do is still not good enough for 8th place in their conference?

Again, you're going to great lengths to spit-shine a turd....but it's still a turd.
Nah, it depends on what you think is going to get you to the top. You're type of thinking seems to be one dimensional, looking for the easiest path. That's the kind of thinking that gets guys like Mike Keenan running things.
Those division titles came in a 5 year span, guess who was running things then. The first 20 years were absolutely a freaking turd, I don't know why you would think people would think otherwise, just because people don't agree with you? But the next 2 years from the start of the 2014 season to the end of the 2016 season was not a turd. Then the one after that was the worst in the team's history, for the impact that it had. Before they just sucked and had nothing to lose. This time, they destroyed something that could have turned this thing around for good.
You talk about the first 25 years, people don't want to spend another 25 years spinning their wheels. That's what you're type of thinking is going to lead this team to.
You seem to think making snap judgements out of emotion is the best way this team should be run. That's what got this team in the basement for 25 years, most of the people running this organization in it's history has not taking this as seriously as they should. Tallon does take this seriously, and treats this team like a NHL team. Unfortunately just about all of the ownerships have taken this situation as somewhat of a joke, a toy. That's why we're where we're at today.
The only thing ownership needs to do is let the hockey experts run the team and spend the money to keep homegrown talent, and to add some support for the homegrown talent, and stay out of the way.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Nah, it depends on what you think is going to get you to the top. You're type of thinking seems to be one dimensional, looking for the easiest path. That's the kind of thinking that gets guys like Mike Keenan running things.
Those division titles came in a 5 year span, guess who was running things then. The first 20 years were absolutely a freaking turd, I don't know why you would think people would think otherwise, just because people don't agree with you? But the next 2 years from the start of the 2014 season to the end of the 2016 season was not a turd. Then the one after that was the worst in the team's history, for the impact that it had. Before they just sucked and had nothing to lose. This time, they destroyed something that could have turned this thing around for good.
You talk about the first 25 years, people don't want to spend another 25 years spinning their wheels. That's what you're type of thinking is going to lead this team to.
You seem to think making snap judgements out of emotion is the best way this team should be run. That's what got this team in the basement for 25 years, most of the people running this organization in it's history has not taking this as seriously as they should. Tallon does take this seriously, and treats this team like a NHL team. Unfortunately just about all of the ownerships have taken this situation as somewhat of a joke, a toy. That's why we're where we're at today.
The only thing ownership needs to do is let the hockey experts run the team and spend the money to keep homegrown talent, and to add some support for the homegrown talent, and stay out of the way.

Panthers win a single playoff series during those 2 glorious years? Check your expectations.

Spending freely is equivalent to emotional snap judgements? Huh?

Aaaaaand, that's exactly what I'm advocating.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
marchessault easily for me.

march: goal scorer, contract, compete

loved reilly but he was inconsistent on a year to year basis and didnt love the contract although not a terrible one.

gallant, great guy, but not irreplaceable.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Well said

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Yeah, I'm an enabler even though I have NO control over anything they do!!! I even enabled Barkov to score goals this season.

I'm just waiting on the next Vegas thread to be honest.

"Which former Panther scored the best goal this year?"

"Which former Panther staff member do you miss the most?"

"How many cups will the former Panthers win before the Panthers win a playoff series?"

I mean, the possibilities are endless dude!

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
I'm just waiting on the next Vegas thread to be honest.

"Which former Panther scored the best goal this year?"

"Which former Panther staff member do you miss the most?"

"How many cups will the former Panthers win before the Panthers win a playoff series?"

I mean, the possibilities are endless dude!
Well, the best way to prevent that one would be to win a playoff series - something which we have done exactly once in team history. 22 years ago.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia

Are you talking about the Panthers? Because the Panthers finished with 103 points in the 2015-2016 season and they DID qualify for the playoffs. I don't understand why you are on a Panthers board, if you hate the team so much.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Are you talking about the Panthers? Because the Panthers finished with 103 points in the 2015-2016 season and they DID qualify for the playoffs. I don't understand why you are on a Panthers board, if you hate the team so much.

Sorry, 2nd best ever point finish that couldn't qualify for the playoffs. I'm so incredibly apologetic. As if that changes the point any.

And posters are not required to shower their teams with praise. If there's ever been a time to shit all over Tallon and Viola, it's now. Notice I'm not targeting anyone else? My anger isn't misguided.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Yeah, I'm an enabler even though I have NO control over anything they do!!! I even enabled Barkov to score goals this season.

Making excuses for bad management and ownership is enabling. Heck, I bet you'd throw down for some season tix and merch if they TRADED Barkov.

Last edited:

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Making excuses for bad management and ownership is enabling. Heck, I bet you'd throw down for some season tix and March if they TRADED Barkov.

I noticed Barkov was getting a bit too cocky in some pre-match rituals recently. When exposed to Seattle, we will find out that there was a player falling out, and he had to go! Don't worry though, we will save $5.9m, and we can easily find a replacement for him in the long run. I bet a 4th round pick should be enough to find a player better than him.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I noticed Barkov was getting a bit too cocky in some pre-match rituals recently. When exposed to Seattle, we will find out that there was a player falling out, and he had to go! Don't worry though, we will save $5.9m, and we can easily find a replacement for him in the long run. I bet a 4th round pick should be enough to find a player better than him.

*incoming report on the turmoil surrounding Barkov and the organzation*

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

Same level of stupidity as Smith & March for fourth rounder. So nothing new, this would really happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->