Pant Questions

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Looking at some new pants. I'm trying to upgrade to something a bit more substantial so my butt don't always hurt after falls. Are nicer pants usually more padded in that area, or is the padding more concentrated in the thigh, hip, and spine area? I'm also between sizes, would getting say a small be better or medium? I'm worried about the length since I got long legs...if I went with a small I'd be afraid of there being a gap between my shins and pants...or does it not matter since the length is no different or very little difference? And then any recommendations on a pant? I'm seeing some older Bauer Supreme 5000 pants cheap, are they pretty nice?

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
I'd say go with the medium, but try them on if you can. Each have their own fit.

The higher end pants have plenty of padding in the butt area. If you go you LHS let them know what you are looking for and let them help fit you.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Womens pant...err

Yeah I know I should go to the LHS, just hate to bother them since I'm not 100% serious about buying from them.

And does this whole weight of the pant really make you less mobile?

RangersMoogle

Oct 25, 2005
Ohio
www.tehinter.net
sc37 said:
And does this whole weight of the pant really make you less mobile?

No. Rec league hockey isn't Formula God damn 1, you don't have to shed eight ounces to make yourself 'faster'. Unless you're a newborn child, I don't think you'd even notice the weight difference. The only thing that would make you 'less mobile' is if the pants were made out of wood or some other material that didn't move with you.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Nice...OSU too :D I've heard good things about pro return Bauers, cept $150 is a lot for me to handle since I haven't started my summer job yet:amazed:

And the weight thing..just worried it might be more bulkier since the heavier padding and such. My game is speed since that's all I got..but then again it is adult league :dunno:

Thinking the Jofa/Reeboks might be the best bet. I noticed their sizing is different too which helps me a little.

Sock Monkey

May 4, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I figured you'd like those being a Columbus boy. Mine don't seem too heavy, but what do I know? I haven't tried on too many pants, only 3 or 4 pairs.
Another idea-
These are very loose and free, don't remember on the tail protection...
http://www.harrowsports.com/zing.asp?Item=13817&Group=562&count=1
I tried them on- EXTREMELY flexible and light. Might ask badkitty at Mod Squad about them, he told me about them because he wears them. They ran a tad big in my opinion, so small might work.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Harrow...is that the same company as Christian? Those look pretty nice too. Maybe I should just drop by Hockey Stop though, lol...or just pray those OSU ones are there in a few weeks when I get a paycheck :D

Sock Monkey

May 4, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Yes, Harrow is the same as Christian. They actually say Christian on the pant. The OSUs have been there for quite some time, but when I ordered mine there were many more of them. They seem like a high quality pant, can't wait to break them in completely. I think Hockey Stop said most of their things will be in around 2-3 weeks.

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
;) The Mission pants have adjustable leg legnths. I picked up a pair of higher end ones. They were cheaper then the equivalent CCM's and Bauers. They look a bit goofy with their "lightning bolt" style lettering.... but.... then again... who cares.

night-timer

Apr 26, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Which Mission pants are you referring to? I also need pants that are longer in the leg.

Tackla used to make pants in short, normal and long lengths, but they stopped making pants a year or two ago.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
I checked out some pants today when I was getting my skates sharpened. CCM Tacks are nicely padded, seemed a little bulky but not horrid. Them seemed a bit shorter too. I did see the Mission pants with adjustable lengths..it was the L3 pant. Not as heavily padded as the Tacks..but was better than the pants I got. The Missions seemed a bit shorter than my pants I have already, but might just seem like that cause of the fact my pants have less padding in it. They are longer than the CCMs in the same size. I'm really liking the Missions.

I'd add...what's the reputation for pant sizing? Kinda like skates where Bauers run narrow, CCM wide. Is there some of that for pants?

Last edited:

Hank19

Apr 11, 2005
sc37 said:
I checked out some pants today when I was getting my skates sharpened. CCM Tacks are nicely padded, seemed a little bulky but not horrid. Them seemed a bit shorter too. I did see the Mission pants with adjustable lengths..it was the L3 pant. Not as heavily padded as the Tacks..but was better than the pants I got. The Missions seemed a bit shorter than my pants I have already, but might just seem like that cause of the fact my pants have less padding in it. They are longer than the CCMs in the same size. I'm really liking the Missions.

I'd add...what's the reputation for pant sizing? Kinda like skates where Bauers run narrow, CCM wide. Is there some of that for pants?

What pant do you use now?

CCM's are definately shorter than most pants. I have a pair of Bauer's and they're not bad.
From what I've read Mission and Jofa/Reebok are the best for length issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad