Value of: Panarin next contract

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I don't understand why people are curious about a contract when its over a year away, wait until the season begins at least lol

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Because he can-sign on July 1st. So if you wait to speculate, he could be signed by then.

Not hard to understand.

He's not going to sign on July 1st unless CBJ hands him a blank cheque, he's obviously been improving each and every year in his style of play, he'll wait until the end of next season to sign

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Panarin's an easy decision from the CBJ management standpoint. You get him signed unless it's for an exorbitant AAV ($10 million +). They have the space and the resources to pay him.

The harder decision will be Bobrovsky. Spending so much on a goalie is very risky. On one hand, the team has a decent option in Korpisalo. If they think they can win with him (albeit not quite as much), do you let Bob walk? On the other hand, you never want to let an elite talent walk away even if it's a goaltender.

Complicating both contract negotiations, I think, is the possibility of a big KHL offer. Neither player wants to leave the NHL, but that's still bargaining leverage.

Reactions: Fro

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He's not going to sign on July 1st unless CBJ hands him a blank cheque, he's obviously been improving each and every year in his style of play, he'll wait until the end of next season to sign
The counter arguement would be the security of a long term deal. Never know abou injuries. Lots of players sign a year before they hit ufa.

The risk however to signing early is that any trade protection would not kick in yet, so cbs would be free to deal him prior to July 2019.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
He's said multiple times that money isn't what he's after. If the team makes a good push this season I can see him taking a fair long term deal. Not to say he won't get paid, but I don't think he's necessarily going to be chasing the bucks.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
If I were him, I'd consider free agency. Not saying he should leave Columbus, but something tells me they will underpay him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad