Paille on OTR (TSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

lol... he called the game winning goal... "a **** goal".

He really got offended when that other guest said...

"... you just don't blow a 3-1 lead!"

He also said that he'll probably wear a visor throughout his NHL career.

leafaholix*

0350.gif

leafaholix*

Hawkalyzer said:
once again, how does that make him a *****?
It doesn't.

Monster Bertuzzi is a Canucks fan... and 2/3 of that top line in Vancouver wear visors.

Canadian

Mar 1, 2002
Markham, Ontario
I think wearing a visor is more like "intelligent". Peter Forsberg wears a visor, and he is a pretty tough player, in fact he is basically the total package, he can score and he plays the physical game. Many players coming into the NHL are wearing a visor, which is the way to go. As long as the level of play does not fall, I do not see a fault to wearing a visor. Look at Rick Nash, he wears a visor and he is in the running for the Maurice "Rocket" Richard trophy.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
rtafts said:
Jesus. How is he a ***** for protecting to the eyes?

As soon as you're old enough, and your eyeballs toughen up to the point that you can take a stick to the eye with no serious damage you probably should be "man" enough not to wear one.

Full Face Shields

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Nothing wrong with wearing a visor. You need your eyes well after your playing career is done.

But something interesting to note: I play hockey now and my team is older guys (27-30) and none of us wear visors (team rule) and whenver we play other teams that don't wear visors there is no problem, but when we play a younger team with visors, there are 5-10 high-sticking penalties a game...

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Reign Nateo said:
Nothing wrong with wearing a visor. You need your eyes well after your playing career is done.

But something interesting to note: I play hockey now and my team is older guys (27-30) and none of us wear visors (team rule) and whenver we play other teams that don't wear visors there is no problem, but when we play a younger team with visors, there are 5-10 high-sticking penalties a game...

I advocate helmets and visors, but I see your point/observation. I see a lot of "2 minute penalties" due to high sticks that would be injuries without helmets. Also, as the glass has gotten higher and surrounding the whole rink the game has become more "aerial" than ever. I would advise any player to wear more rather than less protection, but with more protection comes a more reckless style of play.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
I see nothing wrong with wearing a visor.

If I was him on OTR, and that guy said that, i'd pound the living **** out of him. I mean as if it doesnt hurt enough.

Hockeycrazed07

Jun 15, 2002
Buena Vista, VA
www.hockeycrazed.com
One of the things that's never talked about with visors is that when crunched up against the boards, they cause the head to reverberate more than it otherwise would, which leads to concussions. It's a battle of sight vs. possible headaches for life. IMO these are grown men, so they should be able to decide what they want, but both sides (like all sides) have positives and negatives. With kids, it's a more touchy issue, but I won't jump into that.

~Crazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad