MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
upload_2021-10-2_12-40-10.jpeg

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Yeah, this isn't surprising. Given the expectations that I and many others had for them this season, their .500 finish is really disappointing.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
a veteran manager will do wonders for them. no more jayce tinglers or andy greens

they've still got a solid team with great pitching and should contend for the division next season

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I wonder if Bochy is ready to return?

He doesn't strike me as a glutton for the punishment he'd be in for. Although he'd be solid. So long as they don't settle on some new guy who just retired as a player a few years ago see: Ross, Kapler etc. That team needs a seasoned hand.

Heh maybe folks have forgotten Ozzie Guillen's remarks about Castro

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
He doesn't strike me as a glutton for the punishment he'd be in for. Although he'd be solid. So long as they don't settle on some new guy who just retired as a player a few years ago see: Ross, Kapler etc. That team needs a seasoned hand.

Heh maybe folks have forgotten Ozzie Guillen's remarks about Castro
punishment?

SD isn't exactly NY or Boston

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
punishment?

SD isn't exactly NY or Boston

Neither are SF and the LAD. Good luck getting SD over that hump and the expectations that come with it. Not saying they can't do it but the Padres are expected to "win now" and I have a light amount of skepticism for any manager who takes that job.

But if I'm wrong that's good by me because I'd like to see the Padres succeed

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
No more memes. I've given it enough thought to melt my brain and maybe Clint Hurdle is an option. The guy has years of experience, he's done at least okay in the playoffs (an NL pennant after all) and has not been out long. His work with the Pirates is a little underrated imo. I don't if he is the best choice but I know he's not gonna crap himself having that job and make it worse.

I can't say for certain he'd get a World Series winner out of them as soon as next year but if the front office plays next season right and they stay healthy the idea won't be unrealistic in the very near future

Again... Maybe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad