Value of: Pacioretty to the Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
With more and more talk about Tavares wanting to stay with the Islanders.

I think the team is going to want to add more offense around him and start to push this year for a playoff spot and make it know to Tavares they are trying to go all in soon.

I think a line of :

Pacioretty Tavares Bailey could be ridiculous.

What would the Islanders be willing to give up for Pacioretty?

Again this is all based on Tavares re-signing around the draft or before free agency I suppose, as I can see Pacioretty moved at the draft but could be closer to free agency too.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I figured it would be;

Pacioretty Tavares Bailey
Lee Barzal Eberle
Ladd Nelson Beauvillier
Prince Cizikas Clutterbuck
Quine Johnston

If we're keeping our top 6 from last year, why not stay with the Lee-Tavares-Bailey and Beauvillier-Barzal-Eberle lines, both of which have proven chemistry?

Lee just scored 40 goals on JT's wing and Barzal & Beauvillier are BFFs from the same draft class who continue to build trust in each other. Pacioretty coming in would be like Kessel in Pittsburgh - no guaranteed spot on either of the top two lines.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005

I think the team is going to want to add more offense around him and start to push this year for a playoff spot and make it know to Tavares they are trying to go all in soon.

I think a line of :

Again this is all based on Tavares re-signing around the draft or before free agency I suppose, as I can see Pacioretty moved at the draft but could be closer to free agency too.

NYI has a strong offense, their top two lines are set and may be augmented with Kovy. Even if Lee or Ebs are traded for a D upgrade (and cap constraints), eg EK, NYI are likely to fill that hole w Kovy.

I do not envision them using assets to upgrade the offense.

D and G come first.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

I think a line of :

oo.
Lee (40 goals) -Tavares-Bailey (71 pts) do just fine thanks.

Each of Lee, Bailey and Eberle had more pts then MaxPac. Beau had 4 more goals .

Isles need defense and a #1 goalie. Not another winger

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
No interest in Patches at all. Dude is a huge playoff ghost.

If we didn't have a glut at LW it might make sense to go after Patches but trading for him from an Islanders POV is just plan bad asset management. Beyond that it seems like a decent chance we are going to sign Kovalchuk(yet another LW)

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

I think a line of :

Can not see Isles wanting Pacioretty. Unless they trade one of their wingers for a goalie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->