PA Cancels Players-Only Meeting Scheduled from the 24th-26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

ResidentAlien*

PecaFan said:
No, that was half the posters in this thread.
stating its not funny , and recognizing the situation is hardly feeling pity or feeling sorry for anyone.
Like to see anyone here work their butt off and hit payday and see how thirfty they would be.
Easy to be an armchair financial advisor.

RLC

Aug 7, 2004
Montreal
Goodenow cancels PA meeting ?
He knows he was to get blasted from the rank and file.
So what does he do, but takes a page out of Paul Martins play book.
Don't call an election, Deny everything, ( scandle, scandle. what scandle ? ) or as it would be at an NHLPA meeting ( what disgrunteled players ! I don't see any. They all love me and trust me ! Just ask Lindon.

This is like Prime minister Martin giving away billions right now , just to stay in power because if all was known about the scandle lots of guys would go to jail. ( they still might)

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
You mean

The Messenger said:
How could it mean anything but the two sides are not close at all ??

If a deal was getting close a meeting would be needed to explain the new CBA and then have a players vote .. NO meeting means that the NHL has not changed it position much from the last meeting and when the season was cancelled and it would be a huge waste of time and money to fly players in from all over the world to tell them nothing to report ..

Seems Goodenow is doing a great job of taking away NHL bargaining options ..

I guess you have to do what ever it takes to get a negotiating partner ..

cutting out the people you are working for is a good tactic?

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
AM said:
cutting out the people you are working for is a good tactic?

To the messenger everything the NHLPA does is a good tactic. In fact, losing over a billion dollars this year was a good tactic! Go Goodenow go!

Why does the Messenger hate hockey?

:biglaugh:

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
mr gib said:
personally i think the bob has the pa totally up to date via the phone and internet and they are very tight and well informed concerning strategy - he originally told them this would take 18 months to two years to solve - their gonna wait it out -
The players were told to prepare for 18-24 months of lockout to ensure that the new CBA would not contain a cap/linkage . . . . that was the bill of goods Goodenow sold his membership. Once the PA accepted the idea that the new CBA will contain cap/linkage . . . . how in the world can Goodenow convince his players to lose another year of paychecks and two years of earning potential?

EDIT: Because verbs are our friends . . . . . :)

Last edited:

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
SENSfreak_03 said:
you become acustomed to the life you live with. if your making 300k a year, they likely have larger mortgage payments, and car payments and so on and so forth. if you made 300k a year for 2 years. you dont save all 600k of it. you lose alot of to taxes off the bat to lets not forget.
That sounds a lot like Patrick Ewing . . . . we need to earn more because we spend more . . . . that's just crazy talk.

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
Again, Goodenow told his players to prepare for a long lockout and promised them no cap/linkage - - - - If I were a player and prepared to lose two years of salary and earning potential with the promise of no cap/linkage and then I was told that we (PA) would agree to a cap/linkage . . . I'd feel very betrayed.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Maybe he's justifying it by continuing to suggest salary caps that do and mean nothing...

"Salary cap of... 50 million! That oughtta do it!"

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
HockeyCritter said:
That sounds a lot like Patrick Ewing . . . . we need to earn more because we spend more . . . . that's just crazy talk.

unless you make decent money this is hard to understand....I've made good money all my life, now I'm making very good money. Could I go back to making just good money, no chance.

labatt50

Feb 26, 2005
ACC1224 said:
unless you make decent money this is hard to understand....I've made good money all my life, now I'm making very good money. Could I go back to making just good money, no chance.

You would if you had to. It happens everyday.

AXN

Feb 10, 2004
Crazy_Ike said:
Maybe he's justifying it by continuing to suggest salary caps that do and mean nothing...

"Salary cap of... 50 million! That oughtta do it!"

Owners will tie it to some crap revenue that is most likely half reported and tell you that 30 million is fair. If you go back 5 years to 2000, thats the first year their was 30 teams, you only see 2 or 3 teams above 50 million.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad