P.K. Subban Said Vegas Is Going To The Finals

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
I know the whole Vegas thing has been beaten to death but i think it's still thread worthy ....In the second intermission i think P.K. sounded confident when he said Vegas is going to the finals....

They're still in a very tough bracket and the Oilers are a different animal this year.......But what are your early takes 3 days into the tournament about the West ?

And what do you guys think about P.K. as an analyst ? I think his personality is tailor made for television.....
And water is wet. I was hoping Big D would do them but in watching the game they are going on all cylanders. In the west I think Dallas is the team that matches their depth.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The NHL has a serious integrity and image crisis ongoing.

Well, they have a few.

Vegas is certainly one of the most visible attractors to such attention as the NHL does not need with regards to their complete lack of professional and corporate integrity.

You combine the fiasco with Canes twitter in recent days and the VGK cap shenanigans I am pretty sure nobody is going to watch that final if it happens. They'll just hope the roof caves in lol

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I really am surprised that so many people took issue with these more then reasonable comments by PK......Vegas is a machine that has only been winning from day one.....they added 2 first rate players in hanifin and hertl......to an already very strong team......This will be the team to beat for the Cup....no question about it......

Chinaski89

May 17, 2019
You combine the fiasco with Canes twitter in recent days and the VGK cap shenanigans I am pretty sure nobody is going to watch that final if it happens. They'll just hope the roof caves in lol
What happened with the Canes Twitter?

Reactions: lawrence

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Defending SC champion that circumvented the cap and added some solid players going back to the SC finals?

The boldest of takes

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I take it you didn't watch game 1. Or much of Vegas' last four months of hockey.

Starting with goaltending, Hill struggled with injuries for a good chunk of the year but when he first came back people were talking about how the only reason he wouldn't be a Vezina candidate was because he hadn't played enough games and people were starting to have hope team Canada could have a strong starter at the Olympics with him in net. After that his performance and confidence tanked to the point that Thompson stole the starting job back after losing it last year. Thompson mostly played well but had some big stinkers like the blowout loss to Arizona and I'd argue two of his goals against last night were incredibly weak, though I can't argue that overall 26 saves on 29 shots was solid.

Defensively, the Knights haven't been anywhere close to the 5 man defensive structure, pressure, and ability to win body/positioning/puck battles they were at last year. That was something that started to develop around January of last year and kept improving right up to the cup win. This was pretty evident last night as Vegas let Dallas come in with some really dangerous unmarked chances in the first two periods before clamping down with turtle hockey. There's been no real improvement to the defensive structure and effort compared to the past and the chances of getting back to that level are pretty slim.

Overall the offense is just not there. Last year Vegas didn't exactly play the high octane kind of relentless offense that Edmonton plays with but they were still pounding away at opposing defenses almost every shift until mistakes led to chances. This year, from game 1 the Knights have played this sort of reserved style of offense that's very focused on limiting errors, looking for optimal plays, and waiting for errors to occur rather than forcing them to. Being limited to 15 shots on goal last night wasn't a surprise to me. It's exactly in line with a continuing issue that hasn't gotten better over time and they were only fortunate that Oettinger has a weak night.

Either way, it's no accident that Vegas ended up as the 8 seed. Throwing in a couple big names on a roster sheet doesn't make ongoing flaws just vanish.
yeah Vegas suc who is Dallas anyway winning on the road twice against the #1 proves Vegas is clearly no match for anyone.:sarcasm:

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I'm pretty sure he'd also bet the house on himself being the most handsome, funniest, charming man in the world (sorry Dos Equis guy), soooo . . .

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I do like Vegas a lot, one of about 5 teams I recorded and/or watched live all season. I wouldn't be mad if they won again. Vegas is turning out to be an awesome hockey city.

Reactions: Devonator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad