Owen Sound Attack 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
The Attack don't do any on ice activity until camp towards the end of August. Usually rookie camp is the first couple days followed immediately by main camp and physicals etc.

In terms of goaltending, the Attack have Carter George(06) and Matthew Koprowski(07) signed entering into the 2024-2025 season. Guys like Durno will be in tough but with a good camp could put themselves on the radar for the following season. They only drafted Durno and Costa this year as goalies. The Attack typically take four goalies to main camp so pretty good shot to at least get that far.

Goaltending is right up my ally lol. If you have questions fire away.
Thanks for the info. I'll check back. Your goaltending is always top notch.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
They hold rookie camp end of August .

We've got two boys coming to camp who played in the Knights system .
Will share our thoughts .
Thanks... I played ball hockey years ago with a Durno, also a goalie, who won some provincial championships. I'm guessing the Durno you guys drafted is his son. Wish him the best, and hope he has patience to wait his turn.

Reactions: dojo29 and Millpond

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Thought I would post an updated depth chart for the Attack forward group post OHL/U18 drafts. Objectively, the roster appears a little thin at center. I don't think Brennan is a roster lock going into camp coming off a fairly pedestrian 3 points in 34 games played. Kindree and Gates are both centers but shoot right handed which could have them slot in on the right wing. A player like Mbuyi could compete for a spot up in the lineup on the left wing with a good camp and start to the season. Mikus and Gates should compete in the mix for a depth center spot.

Owen Sound Attack Forward Depth Chart
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Barlow(05)Guindon(OA)Hookey(OA)
Waddick(05)Cormier(06)McCue(05)
Tersigni(06)Crawford(07)Nansi(07)
Brennan(05)
Unsigned OHL/U18 Draft Picks
Mbuyi(08)Kindree(08)
Mikus(07)
Gates(07)
Wild Card Player(s)
Prud'homme(07)

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
The Attack Defense Depth Chart is very left handed with Rogers projected to be the only retuning right shot. The Attack will likely need a couple of the left handed D to play their offsides. James Petrovski did it at times this past season and will likely play the right side next year. Jet Kwajah would be a massive boost to the current group as well as the future if they can make it work. It should be a very intriguing battle in camp next year on the blueline with guys like Gabe Smith and Ethier vying for regular spots in the line up and newly drafted players looking to crack the roster.

Owen Sound Attack Defense Depth Chart
Left Handed DefencemanRight Handed Defenceman
Jordan(OA)Rogers(06)
K.Smith(OA)
Petrovski(05)
G.Smith(07)
Ethier(06)
Roy(08)Van Gelder(07)
Elliot(08)
Wild Card Player(s)
Kwajah(08)

Not really anything up for debate in goal for the Attack as they return an established #1 in George as well as the highly touted Koprowski for his first full season as the expected back up. Goaltending should be the strength of the team next season.

Owen Sound Attack Goaltending Depth Chart
Rostered Goalies
George(06)
Koprowski(07)
Durno(08)
Costa(07)
Martin(06)
Bennett(06)

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Thought I would post an updated depth chart for the Attack forward group post OHL/U18 drafts. Objectively, the roster appears a little thin at center. I don't think Brennan is a roster lock going into camp coming off a fairly pedestrian 3 points in 34 games played. Kindree and Gates are both centers but shoot right handed which could have them slot in on the right wing. A player like Mbuyi could compete for a spot up in the lineup on the left wing with a good camp and start to the season. Mikus and Gates should compete in the mix for a depth center spot.

Owen Sound Attack Forward Depth Chart
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Barlow(05)Guindon(OA)Hookey(OA)
Waddick(05)Cormier(06)McCue(05)
Tersigni(06)Crawford(07)Nansi(07)
Brennan(05)
Mbuyi(08)Kindree(08)
Mikus(07)
Gates(07)
Wild Card Player(s)
Prud'homme(07)

Boy both the forward and defence depth charts look sooooo bleak for next season. Lots of opportunity for the young guys to come in and get significant minutes right away.

I agree that a guy like Brennan is probably fighting for his spot in camp, maybe there's a bit of hope that he seizes a top six spot but the competition there will be at least be fierce.

On defence it's crazy how left handed the group is, and that really should be fixed. It's bad enough that Sedley was our only real offensive dman this past season, but losing his right hand shot is an even bigger blow.

I wouldn't consider Prud'homme or Kwajah on the radar at this point. Prud'homme has a commitment to Quinnipac down the road and Kwajah is USHL tendered. Or at least Wildcard is likely an understatement of the odds of them showing.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Boy both the forward and defence depth charts look sooooo bleak for next season. Lots of opportunity for the young guys to come in and get significant minutes right away.

I agree that a guy like Brennan is probably fighting for his spot in camp, maybe there's a bit of hope that he seizes a top six spot but the competition there will be at least be fierce.

On defence it's crazy how left handed the group is, and that really should be fixed. It's bad enough that Sedley was our only real offensive dman this past season, but losing his right hand shot is an even bigger blow.

I wouldn't consider Prud'homme or Kwajah on the radar at this point. Prud'homme has a commitment to Quinnipac down the road and Kwajah is USHL tendered. Or at least Wildcard is likely an understatement of the odds of them showing.
I'm more concerned with the forward group. It's light on Top end guys and thin on depth. It's going to be a tough year if the young guys don't take the steps needed to fill in the gaps. Lots of opportunity for the young guys that hasn't been there the past two seasons. Hopefully it's short term pain for long term gain. Goaltending will need to limit goals against to give the offense a chance most nights I would expect.

I think Brennan is in a similar position as Chafe last year. If he's on par with the rookies in camp then there's really no reason to keep him over the development and playing time opportunities of the younger players. He showed flashes at 17 but didn't really do anything for me in his 18 year old season.

I think the D group may end up being better than it looks on paper. I don't love the extreme left handedness of the group but I think it can be manageable if guys like Petrovski and Ethier can handled their off sides. Both are good skaters with puck skill that I think would best suited to play the right side. Gabe Smith and Ethier didn't play much last year but I think both offer reasons for optimism in their own respective skill sets. Petrovski seems to be the biggest benefactor in ice time and role based on the player grads going into next season provide he makes playing on the right side work.

I listed Prud'homme and Kwajah as wild cards as both have commitments elsewhere, maybe could have worded it stronger or more clearly lol. I think the Prud'homme ship has likely sailed, no dispute there. I think Kwajah could be tempted to come still. Objectively, looking at the Attack's right side depth chart on the blueline, it's pretty easy to envision a meaningful role and playing time up for grabs at 16 for someone like Kwajah. That might be enough to tempt him. I imagine any decision either way will involve waiting to see how the Attack round out the coaching staff.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I'm more concerned with the forward group. It's light on Top end guys and thin on depth. It's going to be a tough year if the young guys don't take the steps needed to fill in the gaps. Lots of opportunity for the young guys that hasn't been there the past two seasons. Hopefully it's short term pain for long term gain. Goaltending will need to limit goals against to give the offense a chance most nights I would expect.

I think Brennan is in a similar position as Chafe last year. If he's on par with the rookies in camp then there's really no reason to keep him over the development and playing time opportunities of the younger players. He showed flashes at 17 but didn't really do anything for me in his 18 year old season.

I think the D group may end up being better than it looks on paper. I don't love the extreme left handedness of the group but I think it can be manageable if guys like Petrovski and Ethier can handled their off sides. Both are good skaters with puck skill that I think would best suited to play the right side. Gabe Smith and Ethier didn't play much last year but I think both offer reasons for optimism in their own respective skill sets. Petrovski seems to be the biggest benefactor in ice time and role based on the player grads going into next season provide he makes playing on the right side work.

I listed Prud'homme and Kwajah as wild cards as both have commitments elsewhere, maybe could have worded it stronger or more clearly lol. I think the Prud'homme ship has likely sailed, no dispute there. I think Kwajah could be tempted to come still. Objectively, looking at the Attack's right side depth chart on the blueline, it's pretty easy to envision a meaningful role and playing time up for grabs at 16 for someone like Kwajah. That might be enough to tempt him. I imagine any decision either way will involve waiting to see how the Attack round out the coaching staff.
Kwajah is a loooong shot.
Playing opportunities aside, the Attack cant offer what he'd want as a 1st rd talent

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Kwajah is a loooong shot.
Playing opportunities aside, the Attack cant offer what he'd want as a 1st rd talent
Probably just wishful thinking on my part but if you keep buying lottery tickets you have to win eventually, no?(he says while holding tickets to the $70 million Lotto Max draw)

In all honesty, as much as it would be great to get him, it won't make or break the team. Just opens up opportunity for someone else.

Reactions: Millpond

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad