Owen Sound Attack 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Only preseason but have to give Gill credit to motivate the team in a come from behind win over the Colts especially when the team has 5 regulars missing from the lineup due to NHL camps early on

Chalk up #2 W's Mr.Gill with 5-1 and 5-3 wins in Owen Sound thus far since arriving in Owen Sound from the Frontenacs.

Good to see the special teams click really early on especially in preseason play as the PP would go 2/4 and PK closing the door going 2/2 against a really big rival in the Barrie Colts

Let hope confidence and work ethic can continue moving forward into the next tilt against the Battalion for game 3 of the preseason

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Interesting add. The Attack certainly are doing all they can to win, adding another coach/salary. I wonder what the focus for Coach Hill will be?

The Owen Sound Attack is pleased to announce the hiring of Jordan Hill as an Assistant Coach and the 3rd member of the Attack’s coaching staff alongside Head Coach Todd Gill and Assistant Coach Alan Letang.

Hill, 28, recently retired from hockey after spending eight seasons as a defenceman with seven different teams in both the ECHL and American Hockey League.

A native of Sarnia, Ontario, Hill spent three years in the Ontario Hockey League from 2007-2010 and was captain of the Sarnia Sting before being traded to the Saginaw Spirit in his overage season.

Most recently a member of the ECHL’s Toledo Walleye, Hill will bring another respected voice to an Attack bench that features three coaches all with professional playing experience.

Over the course of his career, Hill suited up with the AHL’s Manitoba Moose, Manchester Monarchs, Bridgeport Sound Tigers, and St. John’s IceCaps. He also saw stints with the ECHL’s Ontario Reign and Norfolk Admirals, where he was named captain in the 2015-16 season.

“Jordan is a great addition to the staff,†said Attack General Manager, Dale DeGray.

“He brings another set of eyes not just for the coaches, but for the players as well. He’s been positively received in the dressing room by all the staff and the players and we couldn’t be happier to bring him on board,†DeGray added.

“This is exciting. To get this opportunity with a great organization like Owen Sound is a thrill,†Hill said of his appointment to the Owen Sound staff.

“I had an opportunity when I was playing with the Norfolk Admirals to be a player coach and it made me want to become a full time coach once my playing career ended. I can’t wait to get things started here in Owen Sound.â€

Hill and the Attack will play their next pre-season game on Wednesday, Sept. 13 when they head to Pickering, Ontario to play a neutral site game with the Oshawa Generals.

They then return home to take on the North Bay Battalion on Saturday, Sept. 16 in the team’s final home exhibition contest, which will take place at 2:00pm.

Tickets for that game are general admission and are available at the MacVicar & McComb ReMax Attack Box Office, while tickets for all regular season home games can be purchased there, as well as online at www.attackhockey.com, or by calling 519-371-7452.

This season of Attack Hockey is brought to you by Lerner’s Personal Injury Lawyers and Bertrand & Muzzell Paralegal Services.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Interesting add. The Attack certainly are doing all they can to win, adding another coach/salary. I wonder what the focus for Coach Hill will be?

The Owen Sound Attack is pleased to announce the hiring of Jordan Hill as an Assistant Coach and the 3rd member of the Attack’s coaching staff alongside Head Coach Todd Gill and Assistant Coach Alan Letang.

Hill, 28, recently retired from hockey after spending eight seasons as a defenceman with seven different teams in both the ECHL and American Hockey League.

A native of Sarnia, Ontario, Hill spent three years in the Ontario Hockey League from 2007-2010 and was captain of the Sarnia Sting before being traded to the Saginaw Spirit in his overage season.

Most recently a member of the ECHL’s Toledo Walleye, Hill will bring another respected voice to an Attack bench that features three coaches all with professional playing experience.

Over the course of his career, Hill suited up with the AHL’s Manitoba Moose, Manchester Monarchs, Bridgeport Sound Tigers, and St. John’s IceCaps. He also saw stints with the ECHL’s Ontario Reign and Norfolk Admirals, where he was named captain in the 2015-16 season.

“Jordan is a great addition to the staff,†said Attack General Manager, Dale DeGray.

“He brings another set of eyes not just for the coaches, but for the players as well. He’s been positively received in the dressing room by all the staff and the players and we couldn’t be happier to bring him on board,†DeGray added.

“This is exciting. To get this opportunity with a great organization like Owen Sound is a thrill,†Hill said of his appointment to the Owen Sound staff.

“I had an opportunity when I was playing with the Norfolk Admirals to be a player coach and it made me want to become a full time coach once my playing career ended. I can’t wait to get things started here in Owen Sound.â€

Hill and the Attack will play their next pre-season game on Wednesday, Sept. 13 when they head to Pickering, Ontario to play a neutral site game with the Oshawa Generals.

They then return home to take on the North Bay Battalion on Saturday, Sept. 16 in the team’s final home exhibition contest, which will take place at 2:00pm.

Tickets for that game are general admission and are available at the MacVicar & McComb ReMax Attack Box Office, while tickets for all regular season home games can be purchased there, as well as online at www.attackhockey.com, or by calling 519-371-7452.

This season of Attack Hockey is brought to you by Lerner’s Personal Injury Lawyers and Bertrand & Muzzell Paralegal Services.

With the Attack hiring Jordan Hill former Sarnia Sting alumni should bring another piece to the bench.

When I heard Hill was hired by the Attack the name immediately struck a cord in my mind as an OHL alum.

I don't remember Hill playing in Saginaw as it was listed by the team but I do remember him in Sarnia Sting tho as a steady defensemen when the Sting had their big year in 2008 when the Sting had Steven Stamkos and they were tops in the west division.

Hopefully Hill can bring that familiar league experience of playing in the western conference to the coaching game this year.

One key note this will be the 3rd defensemen coaching the team and the first time in a long time that the Attack will have a 3rd coach behind the bench since 2011 championship year:popcorn::yo:

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
I was thinking the same thing...

I don't recall the Attack ever having 3 coaches behind the bench since I became a fan in 2007.

Last time Owen Sound had 3 coaches behind the bench was in the in the late Platers Days 97-99 John Lovell,Dave Sicillano, Brian O'Leary years before the Attack name was around

ohlfanos

Jul 21, 2006
owen sound ontario
Brian O'Leary was on coaching staff with Mike Stuthers and David Bell....he sat in the stands most games but did join the other two on the bench for the odd game.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Oh yeah, thanks Millpond. Forgot about Daniel Tzachuk.

Was he behind the bench in 2011 though? Wasn't he just brought on to help with the PP and offensive skills in practice?

He was a part time skills development coach

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Attack look to close out the road portion of preseason games against the Generals

The boys will be tested on there perfect 2-0 preseason record. Should make for another exciting tilt between the Generals and Attack.

Under coach Gill he has seemed to lived up to reputation against the eastern conference going perfect against Barrie this preseason lets see how Gill matches up against a very familiar foe against a former divisional opponent

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Attack go 3-0 with big win over Generals.

Gill has seemed to really get the team on the same page early on in the year. Especially when 10 regular players are out of the lineup to pro camps.

With only 3 lines tonight against the Generals, Russell has shown why he was taken with the Attack first round pick in last springs draft with a hat-trick and Dudas has really stepped up early on in his second season with the Attack after a good second half of last season.

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Attack go 3-0 with big win over Generals.

Gill has seemed to really get the team on the same page early on in the year. Especially when 10 regular players are out of the lineup to pro camps.

With only 3 lines tonight against the Generals, Russell has shown why he was taken with the Attack first round pick in last springs draft with a hat-trick and Dudas has really stepped up early on in his second season with the Attack after a good second half of last season.
Really? Big win? It's pre-season that means nothing. Generals without 8 regulars as well there. But if you want to classify this as a Big Win knock yourself out. Lol

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
I would have to agree with AttackSound on this one, looking at the rosters from last nights game OS had 6 players dressed that played in the playoffs last season while Oshawa had 14. Big difference there in experience. OS outshot and outscored them to boot. 2001 Russell scored a hat-trick. Also reading report/tweets from the game that 2000 Groulx won a spirited tilt with 1997 Kohn. All in all I think it was a "big win over the Generals" for the youngsters in OS...

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I would have to agree with AttackSound on this one, looking at the rosters from last nights game OS had 6 players dressed that played in the playoffs last season while Oshawa had 14. Big difference there in experience. OS outshot and outscored them to boot. 2001 Russell scored a hat-trick. Also reading report/tweets from the game that 2000 Groulx won a spirited tilt with 1997 Kohn. All in all I think it was a "big win over the Generals" for the youngsters in OS...

The Gens were still missing their best 3 D, starting goalie and basically top 2 F lines. Russell did look good although 2 of the goals were more his linemates than him (rebound tap in and puck off his skate when he wasn't looking). Loved Russell in MM for Barrie. His hands need work but he'll be a good PK guy right away.

Admittingly, I don't know a lot about OS so I'll ask you guys, is Cole Cameron expected to be a starter for you next year? He really struggled last night for the majority of the night

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
The Gens were still missing their best 3 D, starting goalie and basically top 2 F lines. Russell did look good although 2 of the goals were more his linemates than him (rebound tap in and puck off his skate when he wasn't looking). Loved Russell in MM for Barrie. His hands need work but he'll be a good PK guy right away.

Admittingly, I don't know a lot about OS so I'll ask you guys, is Cole Cameron expected to be a starter for you next year? He really struggled last night for the majority of the night

Cole Cameron was an 18yr old free agent signing last year.

He was a third pairing D.

The other 3 dmen the Attack dressed are rookies.

Basically some who werelast year's 3rd and 4th liners were 1 and 2 last night. With a large number of guys playing their 3rd OHL contest

Yes while these games mean nothing in the standings, you won't see that lineup again this season.

While I didn't see last night's game, the stats suggest it was the kind of team first effort the Attack used to great success last season .

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
I for one think that DD is going to upgrade the 3rd pairing before the new year. Nick King will probably stay and I think a more experienced and steady presence will be added to that pairing. Nothing too crazy that is going to cost a ton, but a definite upgrade over Cameron.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario

Cameron is a depth D-man at best if he has a good full season this year then he could be a 2nd pairing as of right now probably accurate to a 3rd pair being he went the college route before arriving in the OHL last season so hard to gage where he'll finish with a full season under his belt in the "O" but as a 19 year old his maturity is higher anything is possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad