Owen Sound Attack 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Mete has already burnt a year of his ELC so I highly doubt MTL will send Mete back after WJC, he is better to learn with the men and beside Weber then go back to juniors and play with kids again
LOL do I sense a bit of jealousy? If you look at his minutes since game 10 he has been under 10 minutes alot and NOT playing with Weber in fact he was the 7th d man more often then not.
Montreal Burned a year off his ELC yes but they haven't put him a year closer to UFA meaning Montreal will have more control going forward if he plays under 40 only way he goes back is if the injury bug hits Montreal's Defense

Last edited:

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Rumour has LaFraniere being dealt from Ottawa. 19 year old goalie with numbers that don't stand out. If confirmed that would be the 4th goalie Owen Sound has used this season. Not the goalie I was expecting Owen Sound to pursue however he has some games under his belt so he does bring more OHL experience than what they are using now. I can only see a pick or under performing roster player moving out.

WJ

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Looks like it's confirmed for an 8th and a conditional 3rd in 2021. The condition probably tied to performance or LaFreniere coming back as an overager...

Not exactly an exciting move, but Ottawa isn't exactly a good team. Hopefully adding some OHL experience to the crease eases the pressure on Guzda.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Looks like it's confirmed for an 8th and a conditional 3rd in 2021. The condition probably tied to performance or LaFreniere coming back as an overager...

Not exactly an exciting move, but Ottawa isn't exactly a good team. Hopefully adding some OHL experience to the crease eases the pressure on Guzda.

Agreed OL isn't gonna be a McNiven but his numbers are decent and if he can keep us in games with steadier numbers as a 19yo then the pressure on Guzzie certainly will be balanced out more in the crease.

He's no Di Pietro that's for sure but anything that can help the team hold the lead in critical points of games is something that the team needs to stay in playoff contention before the trade-freeze of the Xmas break arrives.

From the press release Oliver is familiar with the Attack's tending coach Request and brings a fair bit of league experience to the club.

Reactions: HRWEGO19

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
Degray is such a joke... another A+ goalie coming in to help this team.... this year is a write off with that dummy making trades.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Agreed OL isn't gonna be a McNiven but his numbers are decent and if he can keep us in games with steadier numbers as a 19yo then the pressure on Guzzie certainly will be balanced out more in the crease.

He's no Di Pietro that's for sure but anything that can help the team hold the lead in critical points of games is something that the team needs to stay in playoff contention before the trade-freeze of the Xmas break arrives.

From the press release Oliver is familiar with the Attack's tending coach Request and brings a fair bit of league experience to the club.

My thinking is this guy should get them a bottom 4 playoff birth.
I' still be entertaining offers for some elite players who likely won' be back next season

Reactions: Pond Hockey

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

An .870 save % is very, very far from decent....

It's very close to what you were getting from Bowman (.866) and Guzda (.865) actually

Bubba P

Nov 12, 2012
My thinking is this guy should get them a bottom 4 playoff birth.
I' still be entertaining offers for some elite players who likely won' be back next season
Why didn't they keep Propp. I think he will be a really good goalie and he will be around for at least 2 more years. I don't know why Barrie traded him unless he just wanted more playing time and asked for a trade.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Does anyone know if Daniels is on a 5 games trial or has an A card been used on him?

Safe to say RD's time at this level has come and gone. # of games at this point isn't worth factoring in to the equation cards at this point in time are becoming very thinned out in DD's hands these days cause he has to band-aid the team every trade he's made thus far

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
That may leave you with 2 or 3 cards left. This could be an issue moving forward.

Not being the mgr I don' know.
DeGray has never been a big trade deadline mover, just said in interiew he' still assessing where this team is going .

I can see 2, maybe 3 guys moving out at deadline.

HLLYWD99

Mar 8, 2011
Amherstburg
upload_2017-12-13_14-51-42.png

Reactions: Noofgoof

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I think this just shows the lack of depth of even marginally good goalkeeping in the OHL at this time.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
what goalie do you guys want him to trade for? i mean dipietro isnt being moved, helvig and cormier are not being moved, who else should he try? the league has awful goalies right now

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I'd imagine that if you offered Windsor something that they couldn't resist, even if it's overpaying, you could pry DiPietro away. It's maybe a question of whether OS wants to overpay or settle.

Scotty

Nov 26, 2017
Degray is such a joke... another A+ goalie coming in to help this team.... this year is a write off with that dummy making trades.

You need to settle down and stop getting your knickers in a twist!! The GM has done an excellent job to get team to this skill set. This team can play ! we are not in the room with these kids, lots of emotions sometimes all it takes is players to rally around a cause and /or couple of wins under their belt, also luck is a contributing factor.I would rather deal with issues now rather than going into playoffs. Lets hope Attack can get momentum going soon, as they are more than capable of doing damage this year.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
The Attack made a play for DiPieto last season, allegedly in process of dealing for Helvig, two 2nd and Dudas, who is untouchable.

I'm sure there' been offers, but DeGray won' pay the prices.

We hope Lafrenierre will bring the team back to status quo when Bowman was here.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I mentioned this in the Windsor thread so I'll throw it here, too - what about if the Lafreniere (sp?) move is simply a stop-gap and he's dealt to Windsor later on as part of a DiPietro trade? This gives Windsor a guy with OHL experience to back-up Baier, who will take over, plus Windsor gets whatever else they can in the deal.

Reactions: Noofgoof
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->