Owen Sound Attack 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Jacob Friend has 5pts in 7 games and is +7.
Can't ask much more of him.

Durzi is tied with Suzuki with 12 pts, good for tops in the league

Dudas is rounding into an exciting player.

I hope someone got Guzda the game puck .
Big milestone, he looked very composed .

Is it just me, or is the Suzuki-Hancock-Gadjovich line dominating every shift?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Attended College in Mississauga, Grew up In Kitchener, Currently living in Owen Sound.....What's your point on the 1st statement? I am entitled to an opinion.

relax, just curious. i saw you posting all over both kitchener and mississauga, now all over owen sound, i didnt get it.

only thing that i was confused by was saying that the where trying to turn friend into centorame, ive seen you guys play twice this year (was up there satruday) and friend is playing the same role as last year, durzi is the guy who is taking on a new role.

you guys have like, 4 nhl level defenceman (durzi is going to get signed look at how good hes been) so im not sure the worry, its only game 7, they will figure it out, theyre too good not to.

Reactions: smitty1200

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Jacob Friend has 5pts in 7 games and is +7.
Can't ask much more of him.

Durzi is tied with Suzuki with 12 pts, good for tops in the league

Dudas is rounding into an exciting player.

I hope someone got Guzda the game puck .
Big milestone, he looked very composed .

Is it just me, or is the Suzuki-Hancock-Gadjovich line dominating every shift?

i watch last nights game, you guys looked very good

BrunoDaBear

Jan 27, 2017
One name that struck me on Saturday night that would look great in our colours is Sean Day from Windsor.

I'm on the side that the Attack need a stud D rather than help up front, and Day checks all the boxes:
-19 years old
-Memorial Cup Champion
-World class skater, great first pass, all the technical skills to fill the offensive defender role
-Big enough and solid enough defensively to add stability and eat minutes

Drawbacks? Well he moped his way out of Mississauga, and there's the issue of whether he would even report to a place like Owen Sound. Not sure how Windsor fans value him but he may not cost Russell either.

I think a move like that would go a long way to alleviating the defensive problems on the team, allowing everyone else to slot down a spot in the lineup. Durzi doesn't have to be the #1 all-around stud on his own, Friend can stay in a role he's effective in, and Phillips can continue to grow since he's not ready for the big stuff yet either. Would give us a pretty stacked Top 4.

But there are likely to be a few other solid D available this deadline.
He had family issues, a death or something

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Well that was about as picture perfect for a win as the team can get a perfect 5 for 5 on powerplays and 6 for 8 on penalty kills.

Koodos to coach Gill's squad setting a franchise high 12 goal performance on home ice that breaks the last record that was set by coach Reeds back in 2010-11 championship year with 10.

For as much as living in the moment feels good it's time to put this one aside and look at the team's challenge tomorrow the struggling London Knights.

Hopefully the team doesn't get lost in the bright lights and stick to what has made them successful of late.

The team has certainly been showing what they're capable of late especially missing some bodies in the regular rotation spots.

Let's see if momentum can keep the guys on the upswing as the team will set to take on their biggest challenge thus far in the early stages of the season in the London Knights.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Well that was about as picture perfect for a win as the team can get a perfect 5 for 5 on powerplays and 6 for 8 on penalty kills.

Koodos to coach Gill's squad setting a franchise high 12 goal performance on home ice that breaks the last record that was set by coach Reeds back in 2010-11 championship year with 10.

For as much as living in the moment feels good it's time to put this one aside and look at the team's challenge tomorrow the struggling London Knights.

Hopefully the team doesn't get lost in the bright lights and stick to what has made them successful of late.

The team has certainly been showing what they're capable of late especially missing some bodies in the regular rotation spots.

Let's see if momentum can keep the guys on the upswing as the team will set to take on their biggest challenge thus far in the early stages of the season in the London Knights.

I'm sure the coaches (and Bowman) would say giving up 6 goals against wasn't perfect.... Not saying that it was the reason the Gens lost tonight because it wasn't, OS is a better team, but man do the refs ever ruin these games with all the penalties. It was 5-on-5 for like 30 seconds combined in the first 2 periods tonight and so many of them didn't need to be called. Seems like an epidemic this year that refs are calling every single little thing they see. The OHL is turning into who has the better special teams wins

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound

12 - 0 is perfect. 6 goals is a defensive issue even if our top 2 D men sat for 10 minutes. The score likely contributed to some lax defensive play but even that is concerning. This team needs to figure out team defense before they run out of fire power.

It is always fun to watch goals be scored though. Groulx totally manhandled the bigger Oshawa player and Szypula also had a good tilt.

attackfan71

Dec 2, 2012
owen sound ont.
I agree with osmike. I believe the team needs to tighten somewhat in team defence. But I also think it's time to end the zach bowman experiment. He has had one game to this point in the year with a save percentage north of 900. That is not acceptable by any standards. Average goaltending in the ohl is a save percentage of 900 his save percentage on the year is .875. Terrible!!! let's be honest he is not a good goaltender. I could get into why I feel that way. But save that for another day. But I will say the skills he lacks is not teachable. It's time for DD. to spend some draft picks and go get a goaltender. Say thanks to bowman and good luck. This season can go south in a hurry if something isn't done soon

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I'm sure the coaches (and Bowman) would say giving up 6 goals against wasn't perfect.... Not saying that it was the reason the Gens lost tonight because it wasn't, OS is a better team, but man do the refs ever ruin these games with all the penalties. It was 5-on-5 for like 30 seconds combined in the first 2 periods tonight and so many of them didn't need to be called. Seems like an epidemic this year that refs are calling every single little thing they see. The OHL is turning into who has the better special teams wins

The refs lost control of the game early on, then compensated in the second by call everything.
By the third the started letting stuff go again .

I think they are former linesman .
I don't recall them coming near either bench to warn coaches or clarify calls, which may have got a handle on things .

Having said that, the Gens game plan seemed to involve physical involve intimidation , which didn't work in their favour.
Noel spent much of one shift chasing players, putting himself out of position, and ultimately the puck in his net. And his intent to spark his team by fighting Groulx backfired , when the much smaller Groulx felled him quick, adding to the embarrassment. He'll be looking at a couple game vacation for his enthusiasm, in a cross conference game, no less.

The Attack has no problem scoring.

They have the worst goaltending stats for a club with a winning %.

As long as they can keep chipping out wins , that's OK.

Come January, this needs to be addressed or I fear this talented group could flame out early .

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario

Definitely agree about the epidemic on the officiating standpoint the league seems to be spotty at best on calls.

Unfortunately that's the flaws in the human reaction.

Last night's game was a good example of this due to the fact that the officials were inconsistent on both sides I can't say the Attack had a great game special teams wise but same could be said about the Generals last night on the penalties.

Emotions wise it seemed that the Generals really tried to get the Attack frustrated early on and by the final frame it seemed the officials had enough of the Generals frustrations.

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
7852A554-E317-4B30-962C-AF7154FCA7C0.jpeg

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Bowman played his best game as an Attacker today. Although I still find he is slow to react on a change of direction behind his net, noticed it multiple games already. Today that cost him.

Hope the injuries to Gadjovich and Bourque are not serious. Big holes if they are out for a long time.

WE lost 4-5 key offensive zone faceoffs in the last few minutes of the 3rd. Bolsters my belief we need help here.

Durzi is a beast. A 12th round pick, have I said that before, a 12th round pick!

Always nice to win in London. Good weekend boys.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Hello lads and wondering how good Alan Łyszczarczyk has been for you guys? I see he's posting up points compared to Sudbury, but he plays on a much deeper offencive club so my next question is, is he a product of the team or does he actually have decent talent? In regards to talent, is he a dime-a-dozen OHL overager or can he become a good NHL or AHL player? Thanks.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Hello lads and wondering how good Alan Łyszczarczyk has been for you guys? I see he's posting up points compared to Sudbury, but he plays on a much deeper offencive club so my next question is, is he a product of the team or does he actually have decent talent? In regards to talent, is he a dime-a-dozen OHL overager or can he become a good NHL or AHL player? Thanks.

Hard to say if Alan will make it to pros in anyway shape or form but as an OHLer goes Alan has made a strong fit into the Attack system as a depth forward and has got his points early on with 10 points in 9 games I say there's a bit of both with Alan he's has shown good talent early on but he's had the linemates around him pull that production out of him

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
EP Transfers reporting Jonah Gadjovich from Owen Sound to Vancouver Canucks .

Vancouver Canucks report he signed 3 yr deal. Still listed on Attack roster.

I believe this is just a contract signing and he will be staying in Owen Sound.

Last edited:

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
do u think we trade Dudas and a pick for a goalie upgrade? other western teams are making trades already to improve, I think we need one solid defender and a solid goalie, the goals will come, just keeping them out of our net seems to be an issue

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
do u think we trade Dudas and a pick for a goalie upgrade? other western teams are making trades already to improve, I think we need one solid defender and a solid goalie, the goals will come, just keeping them out of our net seems to be an issue

I don't think the team should make a trade just because others are. Despite giving up a lot of goals, they are winning games.
I would not trade Dudas .

Reactions: BrunoDaBear

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
We've got two of the best d in the league in Durzi and Friend, and pretty solid with Phillips, Bourque and Cameron.

Goaltending is a little suspect, but the team has been winning games I wouldn't make a move just because others are. I don't see any need to panic, the team just won 3 in a row.

BrunoDaBear

Jan 27, 2017
I hope they never trade Dudas...he's a keeper. I say DD should wait until December before he makes a move, it's still early. If Kingston struggles, maybe DD could trade for Helvig. He's an OA but that means he wouldnt be as expensive.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
This Attack team can play up with anyone as long as they can stay composed and disciplined, at this point in time making a deal would be careless especially the prices that are being tossed around in recent deals.

The goal-tending isn't hasn't been bad recently as long as the defense continues to come back a support the tenders in key moments of the games.

From a compete standpoint thus far tho the club has been good at offensive opportunities of late and hopefully they can continue that trend when heading into the double-header in Erie this weekend

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
RIP Gord Downie. He loved hockey.
I never knew he wrote a song in Tribute to Owen Sound Plater Captain .
"Heaven Is A Better Place Today".
Indeed , it is, Gord.

Reactions: Noofgoof

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Rumour around this forum says Brady Lyle out of north bay has requested a trade. Hes a former 1st round draft pick looks like a good sized dman 6’2 212lbs wonder if OS could or should make a go for him. Heres a link to his stats
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=201657

Not rumour BayToday released yesterday that Lyle would like a change of scenery from playing in his local hometown of North Bay and has requested that the Battalion find a new home for the Troop to play in

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Rumour around this forum says Brady Lyle out of north bay has requested a trade. Hes a former 1st round draft pick looks like a good sized dman 6’2 212lbs wonder if OS could or should make a go for him. Heres a link to his stats
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=201657

I'd be open to it Cost Pending.

He's easily an upgrade on Cameron.

I would be comfortable running with a top 4 of

Durzi
Friend
Phillips
Brady Lyle

With Bourque/Cameron/King (Rather have King) as the 5-6.

That defence is just as deep and good as anyones in the league.

I'd imagine North Bay would want skaters in return considering at least in my opinion Lyle isn't the only skater who wants out of NB.

Wonder if something like
Beamish/ and or Groulx and a pick or two would get that done.

With the play of Doherty lately and the fact that Russell needs ice time, I'd hate to see a guy like Groulx get moved but him and Moro are the spares up front.

Just all a thought though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->