Owen Sound Attack 2017 Season Thread (Part 1)

Discussion in 'OHL' started by EON, May 2, 2017.

1. Millpond

Millpond Registered User

Jacob Friend has 5pts in 7 games and is +7.
    Can't ask much more of him.

Durzi is tied with Suzuki with 12 pts, good for tops in the league

Dudas is rounding into an exciting player.

I hope someone got Guzda the game puck .
    Big milestone, he looked very composed .

Is it just me, or is the Suzuki-Hancock-Gadjovich line dominating every shift?

2. OHL4Life

OHL4Life Registered User

relax, just curious. i saw you posting all over both kitchener and mississauga, now all over owen sound, i didnt get it.

only thing that i was confused by was saying that the where trying to turn friend into centorame, ive seen you guys play twice this year (was up there satruday) and friend is playing the same role as last year, durzi is the guy who is taking on a new role.

you guys have like, 4 nhl level defenceman (durzi is going to get signed look at how good hes been) so im not sure the worry, its only game 7, they will figure it out, theyre too good not to.

smitty1200 likes this.
  3. OHL4Life

OHL4Life Registered User

i watch last nights game, you guys looked very good

4. BrunoDaBear

BrunoDaBear Registered User

He had family issues, a death or something

5. nelli27

nelli27 Registered User

University Professor
    I have two tickets available for Sunday's game in London (section 107) . If interested send me a PM.

6. AttackSound

AttackSound Registered User

Well that was about as picture perfect for a win as the team can get a perfect 5 for 5 on powerplays and 6 for 8 on penalty kills.

Koodos to coach Gill's squad setting a franchise high 12 goal performance on home ice that breaks the last record that was set by coach Reeds back in 2010-11 championship year with 10.

For as much as living in the moment feels good it's time to put this one aside and look at the team's challenge tomorrow the struggling London Knights.

Hopefully the team doesn't get lost in the bright lights and stick to what has made them successful of late.

The team has certainly been showing what they're capable of late especially missing some bodies in the regular rotation spots.

Let's see if momentum can keep the guys on the upswing as the team will set to take on their biggest challenge thus far in the early stages of the season in the London Knights.

7. Generalsupdates

Generalsupdates Registered User

I'm sure the coaches (and Bowman) would say giving up 6 goals against wasn't perfect.... Not saying that it was the reason the Gens lost tonight because it wasn't, OS is a better team, but man do the refs ever ruin these games with all the penalties. It was 5-on-5 for like 30 seconds combined in the first 2 periods tonight and so many of them didn't need to be called. Seems like an epidemic this year that refs are calling every single little thing they see. The OHL is turning into who has the better special teams wins

8. OSMike

OSMike Conch Shell Crew

12 - 0 is perfect. 6 goals is a defensive issue even if our top 2 D men sat for 10 minutes. The score likely contributed to some lax defensive play but even that is concerning. This team needs to figure out team defense before they run out of fire power.

It is always fun to watch goals be scored though. Groulx totally manhandled the bigger Oshawa player and Szypula also had a good tilt.

9. attackfan71

attackfan71 Registered User

construction
    I agree with osmike. I believe the team needs to tighten somewhat in team defence. But I also think it's time to end the zach bowman experiment. He has had one game to this point in the year with a save percentage north of 900. That is not acceptable by any standards. Average goaltending in the ohl is a save percentage of 900 his save percentage on the year is .875. Terrible!!! let's be honest he is not a good goaltender. I could get into why I feel that way. But save that for another day. But I will say the skills he lacks is not teachable. It's time for DD. to spend some draft picks and go get a goaltender. Say thanks to bowman and good luck. This season can go south in a hurry if something isn't done soon

10. Millpond

Millpond Registered User

The refs lost control of the game early on, then compensated in the second by call everything.
    By the third the started letting stuff go again .

I think they are former linesman .
    I don't recall them coming near either bench to warn coaches or clarify calls, which may have got a handle on things .

Having said that, the Gens game plan seemed to involve physical involve intimidation , which didn't work in their favour.
    Noel spent much of one shift chasing players, putting himself out of position, and ultimately the puck in his net. And his intent to spark his team by fighting Groulx backfired , when the much smaller Groulx felled him quick, adding to the embarrassment. He'll be looking at a couple game vacation for his enthusiasm, in a cross conference game, no less.

The Attack has no problem scoring.

They have the worst goaltending stats for a club with a winning %.

As long as they can keep chipping out wins , that's OK.

Come January, this needs to be addressed or I fear this talented group could flame out early .

11. AttackSound

Definitely agree about the epidemic on the officiating standpoint the league seems to be spotty at best on calls.

Unfortunately that's the flaws in the human reaction.

Last night's game was a good example of this due to the fact that the officials were inconsistent on both sides I can't say the Attack had a great game special teams wise but same could be said about the Generals last night on the penalties.

Emotions wise it seemed that the Generals really tried to get the Attack frustrated early on and by the final frame it seemed the officials had enough of the Generals frustrations.

12. Noofgoof

Noofgoof Registered User

13. OSMike

OSMike Conch Shell Crew

Bowman played his best game as an Attacker today. Although I still find he is slow to react on a change of direction behind his net, noticed it multiple games already. Today that cost him.

Hope the injuries to Gadjovich and Bourque are not serious. Big holes if they are out for a long time.

WE lost 4-5 key offensive zone faceoffs in the last few minutes of the 3rd. Bolsters my belief we need help here.

Durzi is a beast. A 12th round pick, have I said that before, a 12th round pick!

Always nice to win in London. Good weekend boys.

14. S E P H

S E P H @SEPH_WHL

WHL
    Hello lads and wondering how good Alan Łyszczarczyk has been for you guys? I see he's posting up points compared to Sudbury, but he plays on a much deeper offencive club so my next question is, is he a product of the team or does he actually have decent talent? In regards to talent, is he a dime-a-dozen OHL overager or can he become a good NHL or AHL player? Thanks.

15. AttackSound

Hard to say if Alan will make it to pros in anyway shape or form but as an OHLer goes Alan has made a strong fit into the Attack system as a depth forward and has got his points early on with 10 points in 9 games I say there's a bit of both with Alan he's has shown good talent early on but he's had the linemates around him pull that production out of him

16. Millpond

Millpond Registered User

EP Transfers reporting Jonah Gadjovich from Owen Sound to Vancouver Canucks .

Vancouver Canucks report he signed 3 yr deal. Still listed on Attack roster.

I believe this is just a contract signing and he will be staying in Owen Sound.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017 at 6:26 PM