Overwatch - Part 3 - Rise of the Robot

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I like some of the Bastion changes actually.

I think the fact he's not totally useless in recon mode is great, but the rest of the changes are absurd.

Keep the weapon changes for sure, i like the idea of the healing but it needs to be toned down. Damage reduction goes completely.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Tracer really struggling to kill new Bastion is why Jeff and the dev team wanted to decrease that damage reduction and start toying so quickly. Said he was playing Bastion in one game and the enemy tracer was focusing him very hard. He said the Tracer was clearly a much better player than him but he continuously killed them because he could heal through everything.

Apparently he didn't like that it balanced the scales so much as a weak player against a talented one

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Tracer CAN kill Bastion, but she basically has to get through the enemy team undetected, and then get around the Bastion without it noticing so she can go to town on his weak spot.

That's way too tall of an order, especially when he can tank Pulse Bombs.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Has anyone who watches/plays PTR see how Reinhardt's charge interacts with Orisa Fortify and Halt?
Do you prevent the pin /push with Fortify, and can you pull his charge off track with the graviton?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Tracer CAN kill Bastion, but she basically has to get through the enemy team undetected, and then get around the Bastion without it noticing so she can go to town on his weak spot.

That's way too tall of an order, especially when he can tank Pulse Bombs.

Even going to town on his weak spot you get this:
Bastion 2.0 can heal through hanzo and genji's ults...

Also, this:

Why

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Has anyone who watches/plays PTR see how Reinhardt's charge interacts with Orisa Fortify and Halt?
Do you prevent the pin /push with Fortify, and can you pull his charge off track with the graviton?

No info about Halt, but Fortify seems very strong according to this video:

This might almost be overpowered, good idea might be to make Orisa immobile while in "fortify" kind of like a tanooki Mario...hah

This hero looks like a lot of fun tbh

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Gross. :laugh:

Admittedly that's probably easier to do on PC, but still.

New Bastion in PTR still comes with a 20% damage reduction in turret/tank form instead of 35%

I say let him keep everything else, but the ironclad is gone entirely. Seems like a fair trade off imo. He can still move and heal but he has to be way more careful.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Interesting that the last two characters introduced have had abilities centered around ignoring/countering the abilities of other heroes. Wonder if that will be a trend going forwards.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Holy crap fortify is a strong counter if you can read incoming abilities well.
Timing will be key on using it obviously since it's only up for 3 or 4s and then you've gotta wait 10.

But that's funny how D.Va flies through you. Should get credit for an environmental kill if you lure them over a cliff like the YT :laugh:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Finished out my placement matches.
8-1-1 playing as Symmetra :D
Won first game coming out of placement too... So at 1652SR.

Not bad for solo queue!

Going to take a quick brag (because I know it won't last long) while I can but at the moment generally anywhere from top 10 to top 30 for stats on masteroverwatch as Symmetra :D

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I was 4th in the world for Zen win percentage on XB1 with a 12-2 run as him last night. He owns Bastion in the worst kind of ways.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
2-8 on my placements, It couldn't have gone worse.

Last game in Numbani I was Zenyatta on attack, we pushed all the way very fast and I ended up Gold elim with 16.

On defense I pick mercy, they rush us even faster and I still end up gold elim with 16.

I swear I got put with the worst Overwatch players in history.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
If anyone here is diamond on XB1 I'm happy to team up. Maybe get a semi-regular crew going.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Oh how i ****ing hate Gold rank. No one knows how to pick a comp, no one can counter a bastion, you get picks but no one pushes in.

If only i didn't have internet problems during season 3, i might have been able to hang on to my diamond rank (3119 season high support player) or at least be placed closer.

Now i remember why i grew to hate this game to begin with.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
New PTR tomorrow; big changes

Ana
Biotic Rifle
Damage decreased from 80 to 60

Biotic Grenade
Impact damage reduced from 60 to 30
Impact healing reduced from 100 to 50

About time.

Valhallis

Aug 2, 2005
Winston
Barrier Projector
Cooldown now starts when the barrier is placed, instead of when it ends

Finally some Winston love, even if it's just a little....

Zenyatta
Orb of Destruction
Alternate fire recovery reduced from 1s to 0.6s

Orb of Discord
Can now target enemies through barriers

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd my Winston is dead again.....

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Oh good, my Zenyatta play is about to get a bump? I switched from Ana because she was already getting countered a bit too much for my liking, then she gets nerfed (unjustly-so) and my Zen game gets even higher.

Junkrat not injuring himself is enticing.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Played some of the arcade modes yesterday and had a ton of fun. Lucio is priceless in 3v3, didn't realize until last night that he heals himself while healing those around him, that combined with the fact that his weapon doesn't need to be switched to like Mercy's makes him so much more fun to play.

I am scared of playing any more competitive though, I've been having great games individually but my team lost the first two...I probably shouldn't smoke a bowl before playing competitive Overwatch.

Last edited:

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Oh good, my Zenyatta play is about to get a bump? I switched from Ana because she was already getting countered a bit too much for my liking, then she gets nerfed (unjustly-so) and my Zen game gets even higher.

As someone who plays a lot of junkrat, this is excellent news :laugh:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

That discord tagging through shields/barriers is a huge buff imo. Never understood why he couldn't target people hiding behind them since he isn't actually doing damage. The question becomes if you want to go full offensive or balanced. Zenny will bring the offense, Mercy will bring the assload of heals to replace Ana.

Ana gone will likely bring Zenny, Mercy (especially now since she's damn near unkillable if competent), Tracer and Genji all more play time now that Ana's gone. Ana's way too good at shutting down flankers so then nerf is much needed imo. No flanker (or even beefier characters) should be scared to 1 v 1 a support.

Last edited:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Ana will definitely be toast on console with those changes.
I like the Winston bubble counter being reset at drop. Still think he should get double damage to enemies inside it.
Zenyatta is going to be even more annoying now.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Ana only had life on console because of the tank meta. Way easier to hit giant hitboxes instead of aiming. :laugh:

This will almost assuredly kill her outright as you said on those platforms. If only my old Mercy still played...

This also probably buffs Pharah in a way too since Ana was a very good counter for her on console. McCree and Soldier aren't reliable enough.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Ana from god to trash. And Zenyatta from good to god. Blizzard balancing at its finest. Actually... most game developers in general are terrible at balancing.

And those are huge Sombra changes.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I'm consistently killing it with Zen as-is, still a bigger than 75% win rate on my way to masters. I play balanced, only struggle right now is a good flanker. Countered them well as Ana, Zenny headshots are needed whereas I got used to body shots as Ana. Not sure what my real rank is, but one site has me as the 29th best Zen on XB.

Just had a 2750 transcend, feels good man. Also had a wicked cross map discorded headshot on a Reaper who freaked out in a message to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->