Overwatch - Part 3 - Rise of the Robot

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I played a QP as Bastion this morning. Had never used him much before but definitely feels better to me.

After my initial kill streak, I started getting focused on by their Roadhog and Soldier and would go down fast enough.

Tracer doesn't scare me anymore though (at least on console, I found her speed and guns strong enough to effectively counter a solo Bastion)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Her page is up on playoverwatch:

Weapon: Fusion Driver - seems very similar to how D.Va works in terms of slowing Orisa down as she fires.

Abilities:

Fortify: Looks like a force field of some sort that protects her from incoming attacks for a moment. Similar to Zarya

Halt! - Launches a projectile that groups up/stops enemies for a moment. Similar to Graviton Surge

Protective barrier: basically like Winston's bubble, or those personal shields from Halo.

Ultimate:

Supercharger - drops a conduit that juices up any allies in range.

Really interesting tank/support mix. curious to see how she works in practice.

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Seems like she might put out a bit too much damage. Only basing this on twitch streams that are total cluster****s.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
What are the Bastion changes?
So far in the few (three) placement matches I've done, the current Bastion's been a non-factor.

Edit: Checked out PTR notes on my phone...
Bastion - Ironclad reduced from 35% to 20%
Zarya - Barriers no longer prevent knockbacks
Mercy - Damage boost now tracked as a commendation card (they need to add this to Zenyatta's orbs... and a similar tracking for shields provided by Symmetra's shield generator).

Supposedly there's a hotfix somewhere between PTR and Live for D.Va's defense matrix which is broken in two ways: first, apparently if you shoot through another player first - the matrix doesn't prevent the projectile; second, if you eject and then call back the mech you can't get use it until a second eject.

Also, regarding Orisa (from the playoverwatch video):
That 'Halt' attack looks wicked cool for anti-snipers. Pull them down off the ledges. Also should be convenient for comboing with any AE ultimate... launch it in just before DVA Explode - less chance to run behind a corner. I'm curious if you can control its detonation point.
The barrier's usefulness is going to depend on cooldown and how much damage it blocks considering it's just a stationary shield wall.
And the ult looks like Mercy's damage boost as an AE thing. Wonder how long that supercharger lasts for and if it's targetable by enemies?

Last edited:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Literally a mini graviton. Looks like it will pull Reinhardt out of his shield from ledge defences too

I would assume his shield would block the pull though. So assuming it could pass through him then detonate you could maybe pull him to the side a bit... but probably not pull him down?

I'm definitely going to be giving the new tank a try though, I like CC characters.

Also, new character makes thread title even more relevant :laugh:

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I would assume his shield would block the pull though. So assuming it could pass through him then detonate you could maybe pull him to the side a bit... but probably not pull him down?

I'm definitely going to be giving the new tank a try though, I like CC characters.

Also, new character makes thread title even more relevant :laugh:

Was watching Ster play for a bit, he was on attack on Dorado, other team had a Bastion/Reinhart on the top left before the choke. He used the attack and set it off in the air in front of the Rein shield and both Rein and Bastion were pulled off the ledge to low ground.

Really powerful move

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Was watching Ster play for a bit, he was on attack on Dorado, other team had a Bastion/Reinhart on the top left before the choke. He used the attack and set it off in the air in front of the Rein shield and both Rein and Bastion were pulled off the ledge to low ground.

Really powerful move

Oh, weird... Though now that I think about it... you can boop a Reinhardt with shield up from the front too.
I guess it really was only Zarya who was protected (and no longer). Zarya to me is a weird one to nerf though, her shields aren't exactly the most effective tank tool (they have their time and place, but the uptime ratio is low as is the total protection for them).

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Looks like a new character for me to try eventually. I'm often the only one willing (or able) to play Reinhardt in such an 'anchor' fashion. This little graviton pull sounds like a blast, imagining knocking hogs off the map for getting out of position.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I think I'll enjoy playing this character too, she does considerably damage it seems and has a lot of utility, especially on control points.

I have just under 6k competitive points saved up (was going to buy Winston before last season ended but they began the new hero hype train + Master reward) but since it seems that Doomfist is definitely on the way I think I'll wait it out again to get the golden fist

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Also I'm beginning to wonder if Doomfist would be a Damage hero instead of a Tank. Could be totally off but the sense I'm getting from Orisa being made to combat him isn't necessarily that he is huge and bulky. Could just be an Off Tank tho

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I think I'll enjoy playing this character too, she does considerably damage it seems and has a lot of utility, especially on control points.

I have just under 6k competitive points saved up (was going to buy Winston before last season ended but they began the new hero hype train + Master reward) but since it seems that Doomfist is definitely on the way I think I'll wait it out again to get the golden fist

This new hero is going to be killer in Ilios:Well depending on how long that reach is for the graviton. Think of all the environmental deaths possible.
Also Lijang Tower, all three maps will have some serious use.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
This new hero is going to be killer in Ilios:Well depending on how long that reach is for the graviton. Think of all the environmental deaths possible.
Also Lijang Tower, all three maps will have some serious use.

I saw some pretty long range pulls with it, I think its range must be up to 10m

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
So from a stream I watched...
Looked like:
Fortify was around 3-4s uptime with a 10s cooldown
The shield was I think 12s cooldown (couldn't tell how long it lasted/damage absorbed), but it looked like the counter started as soon as the shield went up (and was placed based on where your cursor was)
The graviton secondary was around 8s cooldown?
And then ammo for primary was 300 rounds, which fire rate allowed a while of continuous fire with the old Bastion turret spread. And reload seemed to be as long as, if not longer than Bastion turret.

Health was 400 with about half of it being armour.

Last edited:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Bastian is pretty broken now :laugh:

Didn't realize a pulse bomb didn't kill him until I actually tried it. The healing he can do is also insane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->