overage players 2017-2018

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Petes will be in an interesting situation regarding OA's....

DeNoble*
Spencer - (pro)
Korostelev - (pro?)
Coyle
Rollo
Black
Smith

DeNoble is a lock, if either of Spencer or Korostelev come back they would take them with open arms.... I think other than that they will likely have Black back. If neither of the pro guys come back I'd probably look to trade Coyle, Rollo and Smith and get another OA D to help Black on the blueline.

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
Gens only have 3 97s so its already pretty much set barring trades- Kohn, Huether, Di Carlo

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Firebirds would be strongest if their OAs are:
Moore
Kirwan
Hicks (g)

That being said, they will probably have:
Collella
Forrest (g)
Someone not currently on the roster.

(This assumes Sherwood and Smereck, who have NHL deals, are no longer in Junior)

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Battalion will have Shankar, Shoemaker, Saban, Bruce and possibly McKenzie if Canucks don't send him to Utica. It's likely a few of these guys move on.

They're likely in the hunt for an OA forward and possibly another starting goalie.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Battalion will have Shankar, Shoemaker, Saban, Bruce and possibly McKenzie if Canucks don't send him to Utica. It's likely a few of these guys move on.

They're likely in the hunt for an OA forward and possibly another starting goalie.

Lots of OA D man options for NB and Petes could use one.. Butler would love Coyle and Scott Smith is deserving of a starting goalie gig.
I think there's a deal to be made here....

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
The Greyhounds will have Hayden Verbeek and hopefully Noah Carroll. I expect them to look for an OA rearguard, but they could stand pat.

Not having 3 OA's this season cost us to be honest. Looking back i think that was a huge mistake.

Looking ahead, while i like Verbeek i sure hope we get someone much more dynamic as our OA's, plus 2 Imports that can contribute! Makinen didn't do anything for me and was never a factor and of course the addition by subtraction of Bouramaan...well...thankfully "that train has sailed." LOL

ScoresFromCentre

Jan 29, 2016
Not having 3 OA's this season cost us to be honest. Looking back i think that was a huge mistake.

Fischhaber and I discussed this in the OS thread at some length, but that was a real head-scratcher for me, too. Cordell James went for almost nothing. My guess is that Raftis had a specific plan in mind that collapsed late and left him without any fall-back options. I doubt that happens again.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
As of now, Hamilton would go with Lemcke, Walters and Templeton. I'm just not sure they want to have 3 D-men as their overagers.

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
There were only 5 19 yr olds in Kingston this year and as it stands right now 2 next year. with a total of 15 returning players not counting OA. Lot's of time left between now and opening of next season for things to change.

In the OA dept below are the 5 potential. Without sounding callus Supryka should not be counted as an OA, My pick for the eventual 3 OA's, Helvig (being a goalie it will be tough to break into Carolina's system next year but anything is possible) Nichol and Murray. I can see Harding sticking around like Caron did this year as Helvig would garner an acceptable return on a trade leaving a vacant OA spot.

D Murray, Liam
C Harding, Sam
C Nichol, Ted
G Helvig, Jeremy
C Supryka, Josh

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
The Attack, amazingly, will not be losing a lot next year, but what they will be losing a very key pieces.

There are 4 '97's on the roster: Michael McNiven, Petrus Palmu, Jacob Friend and Ethan Szypula.

Out of the 4, I only expect Szypula back which leaves 2 OA spots that need to be filled.

I don't really trust Vella as a starter, so I think we might see on OA brought in for there. The offensive gaping hole on the blue line left by Centorame will need to be filled as well.

For Kingston fans: what would it take to for Owen Sound to trade for Jeremy Helvig?

For Saginaw fans: what would it take for Owen Sound to trade for Marcus Crawford?

Last edited:

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
I would expect Niagara to add two cheap (in terms of picks) or even wait until some are released. They will be entering year 2 of a total rebuild, Johnny Corneil is their only OA. I can't see them spending any real assets on bringing in a top OA, just a couple of character guys similar to Justin Brack is what the Dogs could use this year.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
The Attack, amazingly, will not be losing a lot next year, but what they will be losing a very key pieces.

There are 4 '97's on the roster: Michael McNiven, Petrus Palmu, Jacob Friend and Ethan Szypula.

Out of the 4, I only expect Szypula back which leaves 2 OA spots that need to be filled.

I don't really trust Vella as a starter, so I think we might see on OA brought in for there. The offensive gaping hole on the blue line left by Centorame will need to be filled as well.

For Kingston fans: what would it take to for Owen Sound to trade for Jeremy Helvig?

For Saginaw fans: what would it take for Owen Sound to trade for Marcus Crawford?

I would think a 4th in 18 would be fine for Crawford. Though that may be a move closer to the OA deadline.

Speaking of OA's, Saginaw possible OA's are Davies, Kreis, Crawford, Cormier, and Barwell.

I'd assume Cormier is sent back. I'd also pencil in Crawford to start the season. The last spot may got to Kreis or there may be a trade to improve that. The others I can't see staying around. I will say that I think Saginaw finishes the year with only 2 OA's: Kreis and someone traded for. I think Cormier is moved early in the season to make room for either Lamour or Bonello and as I stated earlier, Crawford moved towards the deadline.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I would think a 4th in 18 would be fine for Crawford. Though that may be a move closer to the OA deadline.

Speaking of OA's, Saginaw possible OA's are Davies, Kreis, Crawford, Cormier, and Barwell.

I'd assume Cormier is sent back. I'd also pencil in Crawford to start the season. The last spot may got to Kreis or there may be a trade to improve that. The others I can't see staying around. I will say that I think Saginaw finishes the year with only 2 OA's: Kreis and someone traded for. I think Cormier is moved early in the season to make room for either Lamour or Bonello and as I stated earlier, Crawford moved towards the deadline.

I think North Bay would be interested in Kreis as their OA forward. He's a good two way forward poised to break out a bit offensively as a 20 year old.

I'd love to grab him and Niemelainen as their second import. That would be an interesting swap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad