Ovechkin??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Predatore said:
What is Lecavalier's potential and what is Oveckin's potential?

Mmmm....lets' see....at the moment I feel that Lecavlier's potential is exactly 8.675849 out of 10 while Ovechkin's is 8.685493 out of 10. Therefore from my analysis, I conclude that Lecavlier with score exactly 23 goals 13 assists next season whereas Ovechkin will score 24 goals 13 assists. Therefore I feel that Ovechkin has more potential. :dunno: :shakehead :lol

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
I'm not trying to prove anything, since it's a little premature to suggest what kind of career Ovechkin will have. IMO though, he is not the end all many are claiming to be.

Well, he isn't 'American' if that's what you're getting at...

You're right when you say that he won't have the same impact Lindros did, but I'll go out on a limb and say that's because he won't be given the opportunity Lindros was at that tournament. Russian teams don't like to play their kids a lot, especially one as young as Ovechkin. The mere fact that he was invited means the Russian Federation has a lot of faith in him.

I expect him to become a superstar, because in the games I have seen of his, he just has that indefinable characteristic to play above everybody else on the ice, and there are few players who have that... I expect a few Art Ross's, a Hart Trophy or two, a Conn Smythe and a Hall of Fame selection once his career is done... similar to Jagr's accomplishments.

Of course, one would be perverse not to mention the fact that he may not reach this potential, and simply be an impact player at the NHL (or whatever league it becomes) level... anything is possible, only I feel that he has that great potential, and great likelihood of reaching it.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Foppa_Rules said:
Don't try to make me responsible for the posts of other Russian fans. They are entitled to their opinions, but don't try to merge my opinions with theirs and draw outlandish conclusions from your unscientific attemps to argue your point.
Wow you're not too bright are you? I showed you 1 + 1 = 2 and you still couldn't understand. How sad.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
smoothskater said:
Agreed.

But I really think that Ovechkin has more potential than Vinny. Dont you think?
Potential? Sure. Ovechkin's limit is the sky. One of the best prospects in decades and looks to have better tools than Lecavalier, but to say with conviction that Ovy is better than Vinny when he hasn't proven anything yet is simply biased and illogical considereing wilka91 earlier told people to wait at least 40 regular season games.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Canuck21t said:
Wow you're not too bright are you? I showed you 1 + 1 = 2 and you still couldn't understand. How sad.

You took a comment of mine, smushed it together with a comment of someone else's, and tried to make me responsible for your conclusion. In reality you tried to tell me 1 + 4 = 9, and are completely shocked that I won't believe you.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Foppa_Rules said:
You took a comment of mine, smushed it together with a comment of someone else's, and tried to make me responsible for your conclusion. In reality you tried to tell me 1 + 4 = 9, and are completely shocked that I won't believe you.
No, I tried to show you that you took 2 posts out of their context. Do you know what out of context means? The 2 posts you replied to were replies to wilka91's post but you simply ignored that. Holly cow, it's amazing how someone can be so dumb.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad