Ovechkin vs Malkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
#66 said:
I think that Malkin will end up being a better skater than he shows now but Kozlov is a pretty elite skater when considering big men. He's fast, can zig-zag either way, and (IMO what really sets him apart from Malkin, skating wise) his stopping and starting is very good. I think that one of Malkins flaws is his stopping and starting. He almost looks like a roller hockey player doing loops to change direction. Along with his first few steps, his skating flaws are correctable and minor so I don't see any problems in the future.

Wait, are you talking about Viktor Kozlov?

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
EroCaps said:
Wait, are you talking about Viktor Kozlov?
Yeah I know he doesn't look like much but if you see him on the odd night that he does show up to play he's pretty unreal. The thing that holds him back is that he's a floater and doesn't play a very active game. If you couple his size and smoothness with inactive play he does look like a poor skater. Once in a blue moon he'll churn his legs and look great but it doesn't happen often.
Thats also another plus on Malkins side over Kozlov. He's more of a competitor.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
i don't know about the skating thing...that's one of malkin's strong suits. kozlov never struck me as a great skater.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
arnie said:
If wood be foolish to play Malkin with Lemieux. They are far too similar in style. Malking is the playmaker on his line - you don't want to play him with another playmaker.

I don't think playing on a line with one of the best players of all time can ever be foolish.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
koivu_11 said:
I didn't notice this during the tournament but does Ovechkin only have 1 arm?? :dunce:

He had it part way through the final game! I know that for a FACT because I saw it. :joker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->