Ovechkin playoffs all-time goals

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
There are many threads about Ovechkin and where he ends up in terms of goals in regular season after his career is done. I am curious what do you think where Ovi ends up in goal department in playoffs? He currently seats at 26th place all time - 63 goals in 125 games. P.S. 59 goals till Gretzky. Discuss

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
he won't get that far... he hasn't gone deep enough in playoffs over the year to beat any record.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
sounds like it will be impossible.

using the most goals scored of 19 in a single playoff year. he would need 3 record breaking playoffs to tie the record.

using ovechkins record of 15 which obviously was set last year with the cup win. it would take him 4 playoffs of scoring 15 goals. that means 4 playoffs of going to the cup finals and scoring 15 goals. possible but highly doubtful.

his career average for goals in the playoffs is 5.7 goals per year. by that math it will take ovechkin another 10 playoffs to tie.

Reactions: Hippasus

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Unless he has a few years were he goes deep and gets 12-15 goals regularly, it won't happen.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I think Crosby likely finishes with more playoff goals. 2 years younger - 3 more goals and i still think I can see Penguins having more playoff success than Washington in the next few years. So I don't think Ovechkin's career playoff goal totals will be all that impressive when he finishes - his regular season totals will be the most significant mark.

But I mean - who knows. Whose to say Capitals don't go on 2 4 round runs in the next 3 years - and Ovechkin can easily score 20 goals in a ~25-26 game stretch if he's hot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad