Ovechkin or Malkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Foppa_Rules said:
...Malkin, on the other hand, tried to do high-fives with all the players on the US bench after he scored an empty-netter. I notice that detail is conveniently forgotten.

He would of broken his small bones if they all high fived him....

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:
...Malkin, on the other hand, tried to do high-fives with all the players on the US bench after he scored an empty-netter. I notice that detail is conveniently forgotten.
I thought that was very funny.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ovechkin.
I may be a Pens fan, but I've always said Ovechkin=Crosby > Malkin.

Crosby and Ovechkin are at the same level IMO, it's really a toss up.
Malkin "COULD" be on the same level, but I think he'll "only" be an all-star player.
Crosby and Ovechkin are IMO future superstars.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
damoose212001 said:
Well one thing, Ovechkin is very classy. Remember him taunting the fans he will be playing in front of one day, seems like a true superstar. :shakehead

old old old ooooooooooooooold ...........same bulsh*t in every "a future RUSSIAN superstar" thread :shakehead

Oh and OVECHKIN.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Evilo said:
Ovechkin.
I may be a Pens fan, but I've always said Ovechkin=Crosby > Malkin.

Crosby and Ovechkin are at the same level IMO, it's really a toss up.
Malkin "COULD" be on the same level, but I think he'll "only" be an all-star player.
Crosby and Ovechkin are IMO future superstars.

What he said.

And I couldn't care less about what Malkin and Ovechkin did or didn't do at the WJC. These are overblown incidents and won't affect how great or not they will be in the NHL.

iagreewithidiots

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Considering Ovechkin could have possibly cost them Crosby Ill say Malkin.

Ovechkin still has higher upside but I dont really like highly touted "power foward" prospects.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
iagreewithidiots said:
Considering Ovechkin could have possibly cost them Crosby Ill say Malkin.

Ovechkin still has higher upside but I dont really like highly touted "power foward" prospects.

Then you know nothing about Ovechkin as a prospect bc he's not pidgeon-hole touted as a "power forward" prospect. He does it all.

iagreewithidiots

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
EroCaps said:
Then you know nothing about Ovechkin as a prospect bc he's not pidgeon-hole touted as a "power forward" prospect. He does it all.
Does it all just like Owen Nolan.

Thats just how I see him. A Nolan type prospect. Ovechkin will be a great player. He just wont be the widely viewed as the best player in his draft year.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
iagreewithidiots said:

Thats just how I see him. A Nolan type prospect. Ovechkin will be a great player. He just wont be the widely viewed as the best player in his draft year.

Want to back that up?

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
iagreewithidiots said:

I don't see it. Ovechkin is a much better skater than Nolan. He can fly by you, his skating is really elegant. His stickhandling is amazing and he can do everything at high speed.

Owen is a really intense guy. I'd be more afraid of him, especially when he has a bad day.

They're pretty different player. I can see some similarities between Ovechkin and Nolan, but then I can see similarities between Ovechkin and Fedorov as well. They both have a mixture of finesse and power but AO has a lot more finesse in the tool box.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
iagreewithidiots said:

I personally think this supposed Nolan similarity is a joke. If not for Ovechkin mentioning him as his preferred player i think no one would have come up with this comparison. They are very different player and Ovechkin is easily more talented btw. (that doesn't necessarily mean he will easily enjoy more success in the league).
I agree with Vlad's post.

one question btw:
Vlad the Impaler said:
They both have a mixture of finesse and power but AO has a lot more finesse in the tool box.
I think you mean a lot more finesse than Nolan (not Fedorov), right?

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
I definitely think Malkin.

North Americans always like to overrate their own prospects. Even with the case of Crosby. He is a fine young player with a big upside. But he did exactly squat yet in NHL and was playing little hockey with kids, to call him a hockey god. BTW, no offence to Crosby but he will learn a lot playing with big guys like Malkin, Morozov and Mario Lemieux.
Malkin is already step ahead from Ovechkin and three from Crosby. In my opinion Malkin will be the bread and butter of that franchise as Lemieux was, where Crosby will be the next Francis on steroids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad