Ovechkin or Crosby

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Dr_Chimera said:
Definition of pressure: playing on a senior National team with older men and trying not to look out of place as a teenager.

No. "Trying to not look out of place" isn't pressure. Not compared to Crosby's, anyway.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
SpezNc said:
If I understand, never we should prefer a guy in major junior cause he didn't with men regardless of his talent and habilities..

I live in Montreal.. But I going to write sentence that almost every oceanic fan said.. "When you'll see him (Crosby) in real action, you'll understand"

I have no clue but my feeling is that between all gm in the NHL it's fifty fifty between Ovechkin and Crosby

That's not what I meant really.

My argument is basically age. If I had to pick right here in Pittsburgh at 9:30 eastern time between them, I would have to go with Ovechkin. I have seen and read the same amount about both (which is pretty little).

Crosby may be better in the long run, I don't know. We'll really have to wait and see.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
SpezNc said:
If I understand, never we should prefer a guy in major junior cause he didn't with men regardless of his talent and habilities..

I live in Montreal.. But I going to write sentence that almost every oceanic fan said.. "When you'll see him (Crosby) in real action, you'll understand"

I have no clue but my feeling is that between all gm in the NHL it's fifty fifty between Ovechkin and Crosby

No, the point is that you are comparing a guy playing his first year of junior hockey to a guy who has played multiple years in one of the top 3 hockey leagues in the world, and is playing for the senior national team of one of the top hockey countries. If you want to talk about Sidney Crosby vs. Vitali Anikeenko or vs. Gilbert Brule, then by all means go ahead.

As for your statement about the GMs, that's laughable at best given that for most Crosby is probably barely on the radar screen for most whereas many have at least seen Ovechkin play at the WJCs.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
That's not what I meant really.

My argument is basically age. If I had to pick right here in Pittsburgh at 9:30 eastern time between them, I would have to go with Ovechkin. I have seen and read the same amount about both (which is pretty little).

Crosby may be better in the long run, I don't know. We'll really have to wait and see.

Agreed.

One point of relevance that Jacobv2 pointed out once is that Crosby seems to be something of a manufactured player, the kind that has been pushed from the womb to the ice. Not necessarily a favorable indication.

Ovechkin just plays entirely under his own volition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad