News Article: Ovechkin leads poll of "must see" players (Puck Daddy)

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/surve...ivide-on-nhls-must-see-players-183317943.html

According to a Yahoo Sports/YouGov survey of hockey fans in the U.S., Alex Ovechkin of the Washington Capitals ranks as the most “must-see†player in the NHL, with 26 percent of all respondents identifying him as a player they make time to watch on TV or pay to see play in an arena.

Although perhaps the NHL should be more concerned with the most popular answer among fans: “I don’t consider any players to be ‘must-see’ players,†which was marked by 31 percent of all respondents.

The survey listed 20 of the NHL’s biggest stars and asked respondents to identify up to four of them as “must-see†players. There was an “other†option that garnered 9 percent.

(Kane won among women voters)

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Ovechkin is a lot less spectacular than he used to be, but sometimes he channels his younger self and the surprise effect makes it even more jaw dropping. Some shifts, especially in 3vs3 OT, he looks like his 25 year old self again.

To me, the must see player in the league is McDavid. I'm simply blown away by his speed, his vision, his creativity and skill with the puck. He's the most talented player in the world.

Last edited:

Ovechclutch

Aug 19, 2014
Toronto
Ovechkin is a lot less spectacular than he used to be, but sometimes he channels his inner self and the surprise effect makes it even more jaw dropping. Some shifts, especially in 3vs3 OT, he looks like his 25 year old self again.

To me, the must see player in the league is McDavid. I'm simply blown away by his speed, his vision, his creativity and skill with the puck. He's the most talented player in the world.

100% agreed

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I was actually surprised by this article. Given the hype around so many other younger players in the league and how much we've all seen Ovechkin do his thing for years and years now I would've probably had him much farther down any national list among what I assume are mostly casual hockey fans (at least compared to all of us HF "assclowns" lol).

hockeyfan88

Dec 14, 2015
I really like watching Karlsson, Kane, Gaudreau and McDavid.

But Ovie is Ovie. I'm glad he still gets some recognition.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Doesn't surprise me - even to this day when I go to caps games - there's still something about Ovi that has you watch him closely and you notice every time he's on the ice.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Spectacular Ovie is unlike any other player ever. The hope of seeing that amazing unique game is still very compelling. For my money, if you saw Gretzky or Lemieux or Crosby play, McDavid isn't so thrilling. Don't get me wrong, he's fun, but he's of a type. Beast-mode Ovie is one of a kind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad