Ovechkin Has Talent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

#37-#93-#27*

I don't think anyone here would be in any position to answer that.

Brownies

Aaron Vickers said:
Does he have the head and heart to match?

Hmmm...being from Calgary, you wanna know more about your (maybe) next player, eh ;) ??? From my point of view, someone who's that good in every aspects of his game at his age has 99,99 out of 100 chance of being motivated. He's not just a telented offensive player like Daigle if that's what you mean.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Well, whoever this "Ovechkin" guy is, I couldn't bear the thought of him not having a matching heart and head, so I found this heart...

humheart.jpg

I'm stil looking for a head though... :(

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Deja vu of everything that was said about Kovalchuk prior to his drafting.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
True.

It is a little much when every talented Russian prospect has his heart and his soul questioned. I guess people are a little more cautious because we've had some enigmatic Russians in the past.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Stephen said:
True.

It is a little much when every talented Russian prospect has his heart and his soul questioned. I guess people are a little more cautious because we've had some enigmatic Russians in the past.

Not so much that. In fact, when I think of youngsters without a head attached to their shoulders, I'll think of several Canadians before I'll think of anyone else.

IGM

May 26, 2002
Visit site
Ovechkin or whoever it is that you meant to spell is probably just another one of those soft euro's that won't ever be able to play in the NHL so why bother asking. Sheesh, some people, if you want to start a thread about a young player you should at least pick one that some of us might have heard of before around here.

;)

Reactions: Firsov99

paul99

Sep 5, 2003
Montreal, PQ
Stephen said:
True.

« HAd some enigmatic Russians...» I don't know Stephen the englsih expression but in french we call that a free statement. We can all roll down here an interminable list of former Americans, Canadians and french Canadians prospects who became enigmatic players too.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Ovechkin sucks. He is Russian. That means he has no heart and no head. You don't build a Stanley Cup winner around him. I'll take him for a scoring title, but I'll take Gaborik if I want to win.

PS. Why would ANYBODY wonder about a guy's heart/head when the scouts agree that Ov's greatest assets are not his pure skills (skating, stickhandling, shooting, speed, etc.), but his 2-way game, maturity, competitive drive, coachability and hockey smarts???

Reactions: WarriorOfGandhi

Leafsfan20

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Apparently, they say that he plays differently then the rest of the Russians! He definitly will be a name in the NHL, but one man can't win you a stanley cup.

P.S: For all those guys who have never heard of Ovechkin, aparently, if he were elligable for the Draft, he would have been chosen before Kovalchuk (so I've heard) He wasn't even elligable for the 2003 draft, yet Florida tried to pick him with there last pick! He will be, without a doubt, the 1st pick in this years draft! If you haven't heard of Ovechkin, what are you doing on the prospect board? You should hang your head in shame, and go back to your shack in the woods, put your fingers back in your ears, close your eyes, and reflect on how you made it to this thread in the first place!!

iamcaper

After meeting Ovechkin and his father they seemed very much alike. His father was very proud of his son and followed him everywhere. Despite his age he seemed very mature and down to earth which, in my opinion, are great qualities for a natural leader. Somebody who is approachable and focused.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
paul99 said:
« HAd some enigmatic Russians...» I don't know Stephen the englsih expression but in french we call that a free statement. We can all roll down here an interminable list of former Americans, Canadians and french Canadians prospects who became enigmatic players too.

I'm not sure what you mean, but when I say enigmatic, I really mean ass-hole. There have been a lot of talented Russians who have been seen as players with attitude. So when they look at Ovechkin or Kovalchuk, they associate them with Bure, Yashin, Volchkov, Zyuzin, etc.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Stephen said:
I'm not sure what you mean, but when I say enigmatic, I really mean ass-hole. There have been a lot of talented Russians who have been seen as players with attitude. So when they look at Ovechkin or Kovalchuk, they associate them with Bure, Yashin, Volchkov, Zyuzin, etc.
Can you explain why Bure, Volchkov and Zyuzin are "ass-holes"? Volchkov was a lazy and undisciplined prospect. Zyuzin is a mental case. Bure is a cherrypicker. None of these offenses mean the player is an -*******. Besides, we've seen plenty of non-Russian lazy prospects, obnoxious young players, nutcases, and cherrypickers. Please, lets be sensible here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad