Ovechkin and Kovalchuk: Shut-Down and Shut-Out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
This Finnish team is one of the best teams I've seen in a long, long time. They're fast, quick, talented, tough and smart. The managers put together a balanced team of players who wanted to play with heart.

I've only seen highlights of the Swedish games so I shouldn't go out on a limb like this but I think the Finns will go home with gold.

For me the only thing that easied the pain of watching Team Canada blunder and stumble was seeing this Finnish team. They're a pleasure to watch. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
psycho_dad said:
No, they just never generated any scoring chances. Finland did not allow it.
What about Ovechkin move or Kozlov's rebound after 0-1 ? Actually , I wasn't able to watch 2nd or 3rd period so I can't tell you a lot about that but in first there were chances to tie a game.

hpheikki

Jan 5, 2006
Kaizer said:
What about Ovechkin move or Kozlov's rebound after 0-1 ? Actually , I wasn't able to watch 2nd or 3rd period so I can't tell you a lot about that but in first there were chances to tie a game.

The move was nice, that is true, but it did not create a clear scoring chance. Once in a while they did something flashy, but nothing efficient.

KariyaIsGod*

They were shutdown... and it didn't crash the boards?

Wow...

People must have been too busy worshipping Malikn. Either that, or this new server really is the bomb.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
KariyaIsGod said:
They were shutdown... and it didn't crash the boards?

Wow...

People must have been too busy worshipping Malikn. Either that, or this new server really is the bomb.
lots of canadian and american fans didn't show up.

gbl1p

Jun 19, 2003
Ottawa
www.level1productions.com
While this thead is headed down the toilet bowl, I figure I will ask you Russian posters a question:

What is an english similarity to your use of the words "pasha" and "sasha" and "proshkin", etc. Are the words related? What do these nicknames mean and how do you apply them?

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
gbl1p said:
What is an english similarity to your use of the words "pasha" and "sasha" and "proshkin", etc. Are the words related? What do these nicknames mean and how do you apply them?
Proshkin is a surname. Well russian version of Berg ;)
Pasha is a tender name of Pavel, the same with Sasha but it's a tender for Alexander.

Assasin05

Nov 20, 2005
ferns8916 said:
Ovechkin and Kovalchuk were both shut-down and shut-out by Finland.

Finland did a number on them. Brought them to justice. Brought their reign of terror to an end.

Put in their places, and beaten by a better team.

To all those Russian fans getting all overexcited in their victory against Canada... now you can say... What Happened?

Well when you got an all offensive team that cant score all you can do is laugh.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
sandels said:
Meh, most of you will watch playoff hockey, right?

If your team outskates, outhits, outshoots, outhustles etc. the opposing team in game 7 of a playoff round and wins 4-0, I don't think any of you would say thats boring trap and a somehow dishonest hockey.

Finland did not play turtle hockey, they outshot and outplayed the russian superskills team and they won. And they won every other team that crossed their path.

Remember, this is playoffs hockey. What is this talk about trap? You lead the playoff game 7 and you don't just go all-offense?? Crazy I tell you!!

Apparently, smart team hockey = trap.

so, what I'm saying here is that none of you would take any of this "boring trap" BS if it was your team in game 7 in the playoffs. This is not recreational hockey for us non-NA hockey fans. So just drop it, alright?

Agreed! I don't understand why these guys have to cry about trap and grapping etc. We played smart hockey that's what I think.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
ferns8916 said:
Ovechkin and Kovalchuk were both shut-down and shut-out by Finland.

Finland did a number on them. Brought them to justice. Brought their reign of terror to an end.

Put in their places, and beaten by a better team.

A homer is upset that his team got beat. Nothing new here.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
KariyaIsGod said:
So, what makes him any different from you?

1. Please tell me who "my team" is that I'm supposedly a homer for. In case you want a hint, there's a thread on the NHL board that will tell you. You might be surprised.

2. Am I starting threads to take opportune cheap shots at players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad