Out of Town - Who's your team during these Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Or when Andersen stepped up in a big way. Credit to Plekanec though, he is doing his part.
Yes, I agree on Andersen but the Bergeron, rat and pasta line was running wild and when Babcock moved Pleks up in the lineup the series changed. Even with Andersen standing on his head the young Leafs were no match for that line, I believe that pleks has that line off it's game.

Jul 6, 2016
Another Caps-Pens series..... OMG !

But TB vs Leafs would be entertaining for sure.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
By my count 26 teams lost games one and two of a series at home in the last 10 playoffs (2008 to 2017) and only 3 came back and won the series.

And all three did it in 7 games (Caps vs Rangers 2009, Bruins vs Habs 2011 and Ducks vs Oilers 2017).

The Caps comeback is impressive.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I followed the Leafs GDT a bit and they went out of their way of not criticizing Matthews. For instance in the 3rd Andreas Johnsson sped up on the right and made a nice pass to Matthews and Matthews tried to go around Rask but was poke checked. They said that Johnsson should have shot instead of passing Matthews because Rask was prepared for the pass.

You followed a Leafs GDT and you noticed no excesses in their comments, no braggadoccio, nothing? Fascinating. :sarcasm:

Reactions: groovejuice

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
You followed a Leafs GDT and you noticed no excesses in their comments, no braggadoccio, nothing? Fascinating. :sarcasm:

Yes all the time but I am so used to it now whether it is on sportsnet (comments section)or their own HF boards so I take that for granted. What struck me though was that Matthews who hasn't had a great series is protected by the fans, very little criticism goes his way and even when he got a pass and was alone with the goalie they said that it was the passers fault and that he should have shot instead when it was clear that Matthews missed that chance and that it was a good pass.

:nod:

Reactions: groovejuice

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Maybe it was a minivan driven by one of our loyal MB-supporting HFers?

Or maybe they washed their van and needed a rag to dry it off and it got stuck on a door hinge.

In all seriousness, I took my car door flag off in November I think. Normally, in the past, i just got dirty looks but this year, I was getting tired of being laughed at.
I haven't used my car flag at any time this year or last year. Honestly I don't even know why I bother to own one anymore.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
I haven't used my car flag at any time this year or last year. Honestly I don't even know why I bother to own one anymore.
I threw all my Habs merchandise in a box and put it in the closet. I don't even want to see it. I refuse to support this team in any way until Bergevin is fired or Molson sells the team whichever comes first.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
By my count 26 teams lost games one and two of a series at home in the last 10 playoffs (2008 to 2017) and only 3 came back and won the series.

And all three did it in 7 games (Caps vs Rangers 2009, Bruins vs Habs 2011 and Ducks vs Oilers 2017).

The thing that must be noted though is the series should have never been 2-0. I mean Caps deserved to win at least one of the first two games. While the defense had a couple of brain farts Grubauer was weak on some goals and did not make a lot of big saves. I think he was very weak in the first two games. The guy had a saves% of 837 and made only 41 saves in almost 2 games.

I don't think they come back with Grubauer and i don't think they are down 2-0 with Holtby.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
The thing that must be noted though is the series should have never been 2-0. I mean Caps deserved to win at least one of the first two games. While the defense had a couple of brain farts Grubauer was weak on some goals and did not make a lot of big saves. I think he was very weak in the first two games. The guy had a saves% of 837 and made only 41 saves in almost 2 games.

I don't think they come back with Grubauer and i don't think they are down 2-0 with Holtby.
I didn't see any of the series, just impressed that any team could come back after losing the first two games at home and then win four straight.

I like Grubauer but the pressure on a goaltender in the playoffs is huge, it helps to have experience.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

God thats right, we won the first 2 on the road.. we lost game 7 in OT..pk tied it with 4 mins..

bruins won the cup that year,.. we were the spark

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
"poison" ? Hardly.

He was playing since the start of the 015 play offs.

Pleks took a lot of heat for being the teams number one center. Which was om Bargain Bin.

Pleks and DD were forever glaring examples that the team could never win because they were too weak down the middle.

A couple of games with Marner and Marleau where he finally did not play like ****. Now he is star in Toronto? lol Great, Maybe they will keep him. ;)
I think you misread. Talking about PK not Plekanec.

As for Plekanec, he is playing his part well, not sure why people have to diminish this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->