Out of Town (where games matter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Love how Debrincat happens right before everyone's eyes and people still try to make it seem like Habs have been trying to build from the draft, would have better prospects if not for 08-11 drafts.
We would've draft Nathan Bastian anyways :laugh:

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
And here's the first one. :) If Matthews is a play making center why are his goal totals higher than his assist totals? Early on I'd say Matthews is more of a goal scoring center than a play making center and his numbers show that.

Matthews had an impressive rookie season and this isn't a meant to downplay him as a player but if Laine can score 50 and win the Rocket as a 19 year old in his second season it would be more impressive than Matthew's first season. Just my opinion.

Totally agree, Matthews biggest skill are those quick hands for goal scoring, haven't really seen the play maker yet

Reactions: sheed36

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Laine always scores against the Stars.

Laine scores on everyone, best shooter since Ovy. 10 goals since Stastny was acquired.

That was pretty much what the Jets playoff roster will look like if no one else gets hurt.

Dallas is dirty and Benn is a p---k. Sure got Trouba good.

Dallas in tough to make the playoffs with a hard schedule to finish the year. After signing Radulov, Hanzal. Bishop. A good lesson that a team is more than individuals. And good goaltending is key. St. Louis and Carolina are 2 teams that I think can attribute their failure to make the playoffs on goaltending.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Just before the deadline i thought Columbus was not going to make the playoffs and that Florida will pass them. It looks like i was wrong, Columbus as won 7 in a row. The Panthers need to win their 3 games in hands.

Reactions: PaulD

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Just before the deadline i thought Columbus was not going to make the playoffs and that Florida will pass them. It looks like i was wrong, Columbus as won 7 in a row. The Panthers need to win their 3 games in hands.

It's greater for us as they will come in here tonight with the we need nothing but a win mentality and beat us! :)

Last edited:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Love how Debrincat happens right before everyone's eyes and people still try to make it seem like Habs have been trying to build from the draft, would have better prospects if not for 08-11 drafts.

Some people have argued the Shaw trade was building through the draft.

That 2016 draft could have been one for the ages for us. Sergachev, DeBrincat and Girard.

Instead, we have Drouin and Shaw :laugh:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Luckily for us he’s not joining a team with Barzal, Chabot and Connor or the rest of the NHL would be screwed.

What's crazy about Barzal is he's somehow improved his skating significantly since his draft year. Like he needed to... apparently so since he's ppg as a rookie.

Wish we could draft guys with that kind of character and work ethic.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
How is this possible, they had bad 2007 to 2009 drafts. This should have set them back at least a decade.
I Guess in Boston those are not excuses to "keep our jobs while failing"

can we fire prior management again for that ? lol

Stephen23

Aug 22, 2009
Halifax, NS
If Laine scores 50 and wins the Rocket in his 2nd season as a 19 year old that would be more impressive than Matthews and his 40 goal Calder season. That statement should hit a nerve with some sensitive Leaf fans. :)

Leaf fan (who also "supports" Habs to a degree as my brothers are Habs fans :)) respectfully chiming in. It doesn't bother me at all. We have, (what I personally believe) is an elite young Center who is defensively responsible, tremendously skilled, with size and an elite scorer in his own right (already scored 40 as a teenage rookie), while having to carry Hyman (who plays a very important role on that line and for Matthews, so no bashing). So if we have a comparable goal scorer (look at even strength goals comparison between the two even today) as a potential elite Center compared to winger, but the trade off is a few less goals, we take the trade every time. We are completely happy with Matthews and would never hesitate taking him over Laine. But I am also able to sit back and enjoy the player Laine is and he is tremendously fun to watch. But as someone said earlier (playing style wise) it's like choosing between a Crosby type (who I personally believe Matthews' game most closely resembles) or Ovechkin type (who obviously Laine is very similar to). I'd be happy with either, but given the choice I take the Center who can also score with elite numbers. Cheers! Pulling for you guys to win the lottery!

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Why did teams pass up on DeBrincat, when speed has become a dominant factor in today's NHL? Size?

He could reach 30 goals in his rookie season.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Just noticed, the Sabres have scored 172 goals, and we have 182 goals playing one more game.............it's quite possible they catch us, and we will have the worst offense in the Eastern Conference.............maybe the league? Not sure....

I'm actually surprised we're not dead last to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad