Out of Town (where games matter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
If Laine scores 50 and wins the Rocket in his 2nd season as a 19 year old that would be more impressive than Matthews and his 40 goal Calder season. That statement should hit a nerve with some sensitive Leaf fans. :)

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
If Laine scores 50 and wins the Rocket in his 2nd season as a 19 year old that would be more impressive than Matthews and his 40 goal Calder season. That statement should hit a nerve with some sensitive Leaf fans. :)

Leafs fans think Matthews is a future Richard, Art Ross, Selke, Hart, Lindsey etc winner. His play is beyond overrated at this point. Great young center that anybody would be lucky to start with but there’s a lot of other factors that happened with their team turn around.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018

Not really, Laine is a sniping winger..he's expected to produce goals. Matthews is a play making centre. Elite goal production isn't the main expectation from him. Kind of like comparing Ovechkin to Crosby. Two different types of players.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Why couldn't we get Cheveldayoff instead from the Blackhawks.

I'd put Winnipegs' amateur scouting up against any teams, Lightning included. They've nailed almost all of their picks.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Just noticed, the Sabres have scored 172 goals, and we have 182 goals playing one more game.............it's quite possible they catch us, and we will have the worst offense in the Eastern Conference.............maybe the league? Not sure....

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
You need a high school diploma to do that unlike the GM position of billion dollar hockey team.
That's hockey for ya.

If you ever watched Sean Skinners DVDs, he makes a point of telling the viewer most people in hockey have no formal education on the subject.

Being a former player's often enough to be considered qualified, so you get different schools of skating for example, teaching all vastly different techniques, none following the actual known science in the subject.

This ain't that different.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Jets are awesome and it’ll be great to hear that building in the playoffs.

Minnesota bores me though. I hope the Avs take over the 3rd spot. That series with the Jets will be a barnburner.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Not really, Laine is a sniping winger..he's expected to produce goals. Matthews is a play making centre. Elite goal production isn't the main expectation from him. Kind of like comparing Ovechkin to Crosby. Two different types of players.

And here's the first one. :) If Matthews is a play making center why are his goal totals higher than his assist totals? Early on I'd say Matthews is more of a goal scoring center than a play making center and his numbers show that.

Matthews had an impressive rookie season and this isn't a meant to downplay him as a player but if Laine can score 50 and win the Rocket as a 19 year old in his second season it would be more impressive than Matthew's first season. Just my opinion.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
No, I'm just speculating based on his incredible hard on for Dubois.

Woodie%20for%20Dubois%20PNG_zpsui2ug4qf.png

:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad