Out of town thread: Where the grass is ALWAYS greener!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Man there's nothing like the land of Radulov is just a complimentary player but Benn is a SOLID first pairing dman.

I would love to live in this land.
Maybe if our GM would of traded Plekanec 3yrs ago like I suggested and was laughed at, he wouldn't be paying him 6M a year to Plekanec to push the puck to center ice every shift...

And instead they wouldn't of had to nickle and dime Radulov

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Maybe if our GM would of traded Plekanec 3yrs ago like I suggested and was laughed at, he wouldn't be paying him 6M a year to Plekanec to push the puck to center ice every shift...

And instead they wouldn't of had to nickle and dime Radulov
We have more than enough space to fit Radulov. MB did nickel and dime Radulov anyways. We have the space even with Plekanec at 6M.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Habs will lose to them on Thursday, believe me...
Bergevin press conference the next day: "Ever since I've been here, we have never won a game against Arizona on a Thursday in November when the chefs made the players omelettes. It's why I didn't have any expectations".

Reactions: sheed36

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
We have more than enough space to fit Radulov. MB did nickel and dime Radulov anyways. We have the space even with Plekanec at 6M.
Not when we still need another top 6C and top 4D

Nope

But it's ok....I was ridiculed then, kinda like I am now.

We'll see if history repeats itself, I'm good at playing the long game.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Bergevin press conference the next day: "Ever since I've been here, we have never won a game against Arizona on a Thursday in November when the chefs made the players omelettes. It's why I didn't have any expectations".

It's on me.... -Marc Bergevin

Yes we know that's why we want you fired.

Reactions: sheed36

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Fire Bergevin and use the fact that Dallas sucks to get Radu back. What does Dallas need.
Dallas was supposed to be the perfectly built team based on their offseason, Radulov being the crown jewel.

If he can't prevent that mighty Jim Nill built team from being awful.

What makes you think he could do different on the Habs?

You think he can make that much of a difference

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Sure...that's fair.

But that series was so close, I don't think a single player was the difference.

But I'm more referring to this years roster, add Radulov to it...are we *that* much better?

I'm not personally convinced we are.

Of course, the alternative of nothing is not better than not re-signing Radulov.

You won't see me arguing that.

But Radulov doesn't change the fortunes of this team alone. He's a complimentary player, I think he's showing that in Dallas right now.

Yes, he's hot right now...credit to him, he's playing with some pretty good players and racking up points on the best PP in the league, but the Stars are still a borderline playoff team, they're not scoring more goals than last year, they're on par.

He's not a difference making player...he's a strong complimentary player, and IMO, the Habs have a lot of those types of players.

I think the standard you are setting is an argument in bad faith. If the criteria for a successful transaction is a piece that makes us a contender nothing short of acquiring Crosby/McDavid is worth exploring? Since at this point we are multiple pieces away from being a contender.

Currently our lineup needs the following to be considered a contender(imo) :

Pacioretty - 1C - Gallagher
Lekhonen - Galchenyuk - Drouin
Byron - Danault - Shaw

1D - Weber
Alzner - 4PMD
Schlemko - Petry

It's safe to say we don't have the prospects or extra players to acquire such assets. Holding your breath for UFA Tavares is like the Leafs doing the same for Stamkos.

The point being acquiring Radulov makes us a better team as no player available (within our reach) will turn us into a contender. If the objective is to ice the best team possible our GM royally failed.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Dallas was supposed to be the perfectly built team based on their offseason, Radulov being the crown jewel.

Well it's not like he would make us worse. Look at what he did for us last year.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Not sure where you got that impression. Having a very good offseason does not mean that the team is perfectly build. You really think that the D squad is perfect? You don't think there was question marks at goalie. And that the forward situation still needs some improvement? So having a great offseason does not mean having a perfect team....

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Not sure where you got that impression. Having a very good offseason does not mean that the team is perfectly build. You really think that the D squad is perfect? You don't think there was question marks at goalie. And that the forward situation still needs some improvement? So having a great offseason does not mean having a perfect team....
January 5 2003? 13 years? You sir are something special. I consider leaving this forum and it's been not even 5 years lol. Respect

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Well this offseason...that's what I was told.

That the additions of Bishop, Methot, Hanzal and especially Radulov were the type of moves that showed just how great Jim Nill was, that's what I was told.

I remember questioning how good Bishop really was, how Methot would fare away from EK and how Radulov, while being a good player, can't change an entire teams fortune on his own.

Oddly Enough, that's exactly what we're seeing in Dallas.

Alot of people lament the loss of Radulov and I'll say it right now, if I had known the alternative would be nothing, I'd never have been so vehemently opposed to NOT committing beyond 3yrs...

However, I STILL maintain that this GM needs to focus on acquiring a player who can star/lead for this team and I don't think Rads is that player.

The Habs do not have a Seguin or Benn or league leading PP here.

If Radulov would be on this team as we speak, I STILL think we'd be a .500 hockey team but we'd also be a capped out .500 hockey team.

And that's not a more desirable outcome for me.

That's as a diplomatic of a post on the topic as I can make.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Well this offseason...that's what I was told.

That the additions of Bishop, Methot, Hanzal and especially Radulov were the type of moves that showed just how great Jim Nill was, that's what I was told.

Well, you should consider the Hanzal move a good one, being that you argued for it several times in the summer, especially after we lost Radu for nothing.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/134611021/

I'm confused, is this a bad move now or what? Because I argued against signing Hanzal. He's not a good player.

I remember questioning how good Bishop really was, how Methot would fare away from EK and how Radulov, while being a good player, can't change an entire teams fortune on his own.

Oddly Enough, that's exactly what we're seeing in Dallas.

McDavid seems to be struggling with changing an entire teams fortunes on his own. The idea that this happens is a fiction, and a convenient one for you. ''Look guys, Radulov can't do this impossible thing therefore adding a player who could put up 50-60 points to our team that struggles with scoring would make no difference.''

Alot of people lament the loss of Radulov and I'll say it right now, if I had known the alternative would be nothing, I'd never have been so vehemently opposed to NOT committing beyond 3yrs...

It was repeatedly explained to you in the off-season that there was, realistically, no replacement for Radulov. You just kept listing the best available alternative until there were no alternatives left. This is you being bad at the long game.

However, I STILL maintain that this GM needs to focus on acquiring a player who can star/lead for this team and I don't think Rads is that player.

The Habs do not have a Seguin or Benn or league leading PP here.

If Radulov would be on this team as we speak, I STILL think we'd be a .500 hockey team but we'd also be a capped out .500 hockey team.

And that's not a more desirable outcome for me.

That's as a diplomatic of a post on the topic as I can make.

The GM needed to make a choice. Rebuild, or go for it. He did neither. Focussing on getting a star/leading player is going to do nothing. You need a plan. The most concrete plan for getting a star player is to rebuild.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Well, you should consider the Hanzal move a good one, being that you argued for it several times in the summer, especially after we lost Radu for nothing.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/134611021/

I'm confused, is this a bad move now or what? Because I argued against signing Hanzal. He's not a good player.

I may have been wrong about Hanzal...that's fine, despite what you claim, I don't claim to be right all the time or be flawless in my predictions

I'm not a freaking Oracle or fortune teller.

We're weak down the middle, I suggested this offseason we get rid of Plekanec and use Hanzal in the role Plekanec is currently playing.

McDavid seems to be struggling with changing an entire teams fortunes on his own. The idea that this happens is a fiction, and a convenient one for you. ''Look guys, Radulov can't do this impossible thing therefore adding a player who could put up 50-60 points to our team that struggles with scoring would make no difference.'
I don't know what part of this ludicrous post you want me to address...

The part where you're comparing McDavid and Radulov?

Or the weak *** strawmen you attempted to craft in your quotation?

My premise is very simple to understand, I don't think Radulov does much for this team, you add him to this exact lineup and I still think we're a .500 team, just like the mighty Stars are.

And we'll continue to be a .500 team untio the GM addresses the center ice and the Defence.

Radulov for all his wonderful qualities, does NOT address ANY of those needs, he just makes addressing those needs all that more difficult.

It was repeatedly explained to you in the off-season that there was, realistically, no replacement for Radulov. You just kept listing the best available alternative until there were no alternatives left. This is you being bad at the long game.
And I'll repeat what I retorted this offseason, there were and are replacements for Radulov, we're not talking about replacing Guy Lafleur here, it's not my fault the GM seems incapable of doing something, that's on him, not me.

The GM needed to make a choice. Rebuild, or go for it. He did neither. Focussing on getting a star/leading player is going to do nothing. You need a plan. The most concrete plan for getting a star player is to rebuild.

So focusing on getting a star/leader is going to do nothing.

But re-signing Radulov is going to do what exactly?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->