Out of Town Thread: Sergachev Rising Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

isthatso

Jan 20, 2017
Did anybody talk about PK's end-to-end carry midway through first period yesterday?

What a beaut!

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Did anybody talk about PK's end-to-end carry midway through first period yesterday?

What a beaut!

I saw that from the highlights of the game. He should do that a lot more than he does. I understand that Subban is heavily relied on defensively on that team, but despite his great offensive numbers, he could actually be even more effective offensively. Nashville would be an even better team if Subban was a little more proactive offensively, in my opinion. His end-to-end rushes seem to always produce quality offensive chances. That is maybe partly because of the element of surprise.

But still, he's maybe a little too comfortable now in his defensive/two-way role in Nashville. He can be better offensively, as crazy as that may sound.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I saw that from the highlights of the game. He should do that a lot more than he does. I understand that Subban is heavily relied on defensively on that team, but despite his great offensive numbers, he could actually be even more effective offensively. Nashville would be an even better team if Subban was a little more proactive offensively, in my opinion. His end-to-end rushes seem to always produce quality offensive chances. That is maybe partly because of the element of surprise.

But still, he's maybe a little too comfortable now in his defensive/two-way role in Nashville. He can be better offensively, as crazy as that may sound.

I get the impression that he's rope-a-doping in the regular season in anticipation of the playoffs. He's just so money that he's still putting up points. He's going to go beast-mode in the playoffs.

Reactions: BlackStar

Roke

Jul 21, 2003
Winnipeg

I want this to happen so much.

Here it is for those who missed it.

I didn't realize the NHL put Match of the Day style extended highlights up on their Youtube channel. That's pretty great.

They never give you a complete picture of what happened in the match but with MOTD you at least get to see the build-up to the key events.

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
So you are willing to say Sergachev is the best player after 39 NHL games this season? Seems premature don't you think?

I think the edge goes to Tampa based on Cap hit at this stage. Same with Jones. At the end of the day, I don't believe any team lost the trade. All teams got a serious asset they will have on their teams for many years.

Sergachev is TOP 10 in NHL D scoring while leading all rookie D men in scoring and +/-. He's got 5 gwg. He's a difference maker.

David Desharnais has more points than Jonathan Drouin this season. Let that sink in.

How many other GM's would have traded Sergachev for Drouin at the time? My guess is not very many. How many GM's would make that trade today? Zero.

Reactions: Carey Chant

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Sergachev is TOP 10 in NHL D scoring while leading all rookie D men in scoring and +/-. He's got 5 gwg. He's a difference maker.

David Desharnais has more points than Jonathan Drouin this season. Let that sink in.

How many other GM's would have traded Sergachev for Drouin at the time? My guess is not very many. How many GM's would make that trade today? Zero.

The same can be said about the Subban trade. Bergevin's 2 big trades have been lopsided loses.

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

Oh I think our pal Bergy would have still done it tomorrow. I can already picture it.

Sergachev has half as many points with us, Drouin is nearly PPG in TB because he’s on the wing (on a stacked team) and Bergy not only gives up Serg, but likely adds to it.

:laugh:

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
Oh I think our pal Bergy would have still done it tomorrow. I can already picture it.

Sergachev has half as many points with us, Drouin is nearly PPG in TB because he’s on the wing (on a stacked team) and Bergy not only gives up Serg, but likely adds to it.

:laugh:

Funny how the “Tampa stacked team, Montreal zero offence” argument never applied to Drouin and Galchenyuk’s respective production prior to this year.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
If he was a top 4D instead of a top pairing D, he'd still play 40 games.

What the hell is this?

Sergachov for Drouin straight up was a bad trade. Especially if you're going to use him in his wrong position and especially if you're gonna let Markov and Radulov walk.

I don't care if everyone else liked it. I didn't. I like Drouin as a player but you don't give up an elite blue line prospect for a winger. You don't put the pressure of a local guy, on a long term deal as the Savior of the team, in a new position to carry a team. It was asinine.

I don't care about any of that. The trade is bad. The conditional pick was bad. The signing was ill timed. Putting him at C is stupid and leaving him there is worse.

Bergevin sucks. There is no debate here.

No it was vert good trade. One of the best trades made. Yzerman did well.

Sergachovs career won the lottery when he got out of Montreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->