Out of Town Thread - Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Thats why i hate NHL officiating

I get the call and by the rules its too many men but there where about 10 calls that were ignored in the 3rd alone

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Sloppy as F type game. Dont think either team should be happy

Looks like it will be entertaining tho with suspect D and goaltending. Could be a firewagon hockey series

Too many men can be called by linesman. It's an auto call. It was too many men. They had 7 players on the ice. Nothing unfair about it.

Its the optics of the game. Like i said, its a penalty.

My problem is its a penalty like all the others that were ignored

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018
Both teams sucked. Skinner was the worst. Can't win with that kind of goaltending.
I think the defense was the worst. Skinner made many big stops. The number of HDC was crazy. The GM should be ashamed of himself for this dismal D. Are they gonna waste McDrai’s best years like this (like we wasted Price’s?) I hope they can play better next game..

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Sloppy as F type game. Dont think either team should be happy

Looks like it will be entertaining tho with suspect D and goaltending. Could be a firewagon hockey series

Its the optics of the game. Like i said, its a penalty.

My problem is its a penalty like all the others that were ignored
Yeah that's one of the big problem with how the NHL officiating works and the whole "let them play" attitude (Which is more let them cheat), they'll let it go when someone's getting punched in the head but then something way less flagrant ends up getting called. At the end of the day not calling a penalty is the "refs deciding the game" just as much as calling it is, so you might as well just be consistent no matter the time of the game.

Reactions: Rapala

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think the defense was the worst. Skinner made many big stops. The number of HDC was crazy. The GM should be ashamed of himself for this dismal D. Are they gonna waste McDrai’s best years like this (like we wasted Price’s?) I hope they can play better next game..

I was hoping Holland would give us a 1st for Savard at the TDL.

Anyways, they probably should have used the 1st to get the younger Gavrikov and Korpisalo.

Reactions: Canad13ns

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
The only storyline is Eichel barely being able to maintain any sort of PPG pace but being paid like a superstar.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Holy smokes that third period reminded me of watching my sons u11 house team. One player trying to do too much surrounded by a bunch of players that can't do anything, backed by a goalie that just cant seem to make a save.

The Oilers certainly don't resemble a cup winning team right now.

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
Holy smokes that third period reminded me of watching my sons u11 house team. One player trying to do too much surrounded by a bunch of players that can't do anything, backed by a goalie that just cant seem to make a save.

The Oilers certainly don't resemble a cup winning team right now.
I think our sons play on the same team

Jul 6, 2016
Teams are playing all season to have home ice advantage in the Playoffs. So far, visitors are 33-20.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yeah that's one of the big problem with how the NHL officiating works and the whole "let them play" attitude (Which is more let them cheat), they'll let it go when someone's getting punched in the head but then something way less flagrant ends up getting called. At the end of the day not calling a penalty is the "refs deciding the game" just as much as calling it is, so you might as well just be consistent no matter the time of the game.
The two officiating system sucks balls in many respects. In a recent game I noted one ref was making all the calls. The defending team (his end) were getting the majority of the penalties 2 out of 3 periods. The funny thing was the team who had the other ref in their end were getting away with more stuff and got frustrated when those were getting called the next period. I don't mind minor stuff not getting called as long as it doesn't result in a lost scoring chance at one end or a goal at the other. The blatant infractions have to be called throughout and Teams have to be warned when scrumming starts getting out of hand that the ref will take one guy the next time.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I was hoping Holland would give us a 1st for Savard at the TDL.

Anyways, they probably should have used the 1st to get the younger Gavrikov and Korpisalo.
They absolutely should have. If Jeannot lands a first and many other picks, Savard is probably worth close to a late first. Given their situation, it would have been a good move.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
hey all

I seen a tweet or something like that where Yvan Cournoyer commented on the bruins lost.
he said somehting like " difference between the 76-77 habs and the bruins season record, is that the habs won the cup"

any of you know where I could find that quote??

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
This is a list of all the goaltenders who played 40 or more games in the regular season this year, plus some others still active in the playoffs:

Reg Season​
Rd 2 Playoffs​
65​
64​
62​
62​
Starter​
62​
61​
60​
59​
58​
57​
56​
56​
53​
52​
Backup​
51​
Starter​
50​
50​
Starter​
49​
48​
Backup​
47​
46​
43​
42​
42​
Starter​
42​
Backup​
40​
39​
Starter​
37​
Backup​
34​
Starter​
28​
Backup​
26​
Backup​
22​
Backup​
18​
Starter​
15​
Backup​
11​
Starter​

Found this interesting, coincidence or not, only one guy who played more then 52 games is still active in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad