Out of Town Thread: Can Someone Spare Some Goals for Habs, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Sigh...

If this team had more GOAL SCORERS, I'd agree with you.

But this team has very little in the way of players who can and are proven goal scorers.

It's essentially just Max Pacioretty...so having a guy who is mainly a passer, doesn't really help the Habs.

Did you not have enough evidence of that last year?

This team needs goal scorers...not tempermental, playmaking wingers.
If only a certain someone else could have caught on to that...it's only been 6 years. Maybe by year 7 he will get it....

Aside from that, you seem set on diminishing Radulov for some reason. Whether he's a playmaker or not, he's still a legit offensive weapon added, so he would help. That much is undeniable. Just how much of an impact that help would be is up in the air.
Markov however, would instantly have a significant impact. Again, if only Bergevin could catch on..

Reactions: 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
If only a certain someone else could have caught on to that...it's only been 6 years. Maybe by year 7 he will get it....

Aside from that, you seem set on diminishing Radulov for some reason. Whether he's a playmaker or not, he's still a legit offensive weapon added, so he would help. That much is undeniable. Just how much of an impact that help would be is up in the air.
Markov however, would instantly have a significant impact. Again, if only Bergevin could catch on..

What did I say to diminish him?

Cause I said he's a temperamental playmaking winger?

Like YOU just said, how much of an impact he would be is up in the air.

Well...that's what I'm debating, I'm arguing that I don't think the impact would be significant as it relates to the Habs scoring more goals.

Don't know what the issue is here?

Jul 6, 2016
They don't have the cap space for him. (stephen Weiss cost 2.6 mil in buy out :) )

I don't know if MTL can relieve some of the Cap to DET
Center Position
Tatar, 26yo, 4 years 5.3
Nielsen 33yo, 5 years, 5.25
Nyqvist 27yo, 2 years, 4.75
Helm, 30 yo, 4 years 3.85
Sheahan,
25 yo, 1 year RFA, 2

Detroit might want to get rid of one of these... But Habs don't need more bottom liners

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
What did I say to diminish him?

Cause I said he's a temperamental playmaking winger?
Well for one, you argued he wasn't a top line winger, which was ridiculous.
For two, you are saying he wouldn't help this team, which, again, is ridiculous.
Playmaker or sniper, he would help the offense. At the very least, he could help the PP.
To suggest that any top line winger (or even if you want to call him just a top 6 guy) would change nothing is a bit silly.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
I believe it`s around the 1st of November that the waiver claim order switches to this season`s standings.

Would not be surprised to see the Habs claim someone once they are high on that list.

There were somewhere around 20 players claimed during last season, mostly forwards.

Leafsmann

Jan 4, 2016
I don't get the purpose of grant tweeting that the leafs team right now is similar to the 2011-12 team. He deleted that tweet after he got flamed online.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I believe it`s around the 1st of November that the waiver claim order switches to this season`s standings.

Oh, I see... so THIS was Bergevin's master plan all along? Get first pick at the waiver wire since you build scoring through depth...

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
You know, come to think of it, I'm not sure I've ever seen a good pass result in a goal. Therefore, adding playmakers to a roster can't increase scoring. #417things

Reactions: Peanut

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Love seeing the Oilers lose but have a feeling there coming back to win this game

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Emelin is awful this game

He hit the post earlier. But what he did on the Rangers goal was a failed attempt to dive and knock the puck out of the Rangers' forward way, but instead he actually helped him control the puck better to head on a breakaway.

Rinne makes the save, but Subban didn't stop in front of the net, he kept skating to behind the net, meanwhile Hayes was on his way to the net to bank in the rebound and Emelin failed in containing him.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Giroux with his 5th of the year: 10 points in 8 games so far. And the 8th game isn't over yet.
Gostisbehere with the assist, his 10th assist of the year. He has 11 points in 8 games. And the 8th game isn't over yet.
Simmonds with his 3rd assist in the Giroux goal. He has 8 points (5G, 3A) in 8 games. And the 8th game isn't over yet.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I proposed Giroux, this summer, thought his point totals didn't reflect his play and with his contract, he might've been accessible. Didn't get a lot of positive responses.

He'd have looked great on the PP with Drouin.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I proposed Giroux, this summer, thought his point totals didn't reflect his play and with his contract, he might've been accessible. Didn't get a lot of positive responses.

He'd have looked great on the PP with Drouin.

I also was on board in a Giroux acquisition. Even in his "declining" season last year, he would've been 2nd top scorer on the Habs if you look at it in a pure production stand point.

I had also talked about Gostisbehere for Beaulieu type of deal. Last year, Gostisbehere was a healthy scratch multiple times and some reports had the new coach Hakstol wasn't impressed by him. Both Beaulieu and Gostisbehere would've been RFA's.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hayes makes it 3-1 for Rangers. Hayes!

BTW, DD with another assist tonight on the Kreider goal. He's got 2 goals and 3 assists for the year (all of them came this week).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad